Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Knowing me, I am sure that is going to happen on literally every playthrough. There is almost no way around it if I am reading this correctly.
Oh there is. Totes!

If you play down the "slacker" route, you can just have a good light hearted time really. It's only if you start poking around or taking your mission seriously that it starts to get darker.

It's one of the things I'm most proud of tbh. That the whole feel of the game can vary hugely depending on player choice. A good example I suppose would be Chris and Sarah perhaps. Do one playthrough being all professional and spending as much time as possible with Chris and then do another spending as much time as possible with Sarah.

Obvs I can't make everything different, but hopefully there is sufficient that the feel of the game changes. Certainly this becomes more so as the game goes on.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Well we are dealing with someone who can give clues in the minutest of details and almost everything happening has a meaning, so it would make sense the title has a meaning as well. It may be a while before we fully get it though. :p
I know, I know, which is why it dumbfounds me. I'm always trying to look for possible wordplays and the like, but it never crossed my mind to look at the title.:oops:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Oh there is. Totes!

If you play down the "slacker" route, you can just have a good light hearted time really. It's only if you start poking around or taking your mission seriously that it starts to get darker.

It's one of the things I'm most proud of tbh. That the whole feel of the game can vary hugely depending on player choice. A good example I suppose would be Chris and Sarah perhaps. Do one playthrough being all professional and spending as much time as possible with Chris and then do another spending as much time as possible with Sarah.

Obvs I can't make everything different, but hopefully there is sufficient that the feel of the game changes. Certainly this becomes more so as the game goes on.
I will get back to you about this at the end of chapter 10, just remind me:p

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
If I had the skill to do renders like yours, I don't think I would leave my computer! Oh the things I would do with Becca, Sarah, Annie, Chris, Kelly... you get the drift :oops:;) I suppose I'll just have to wait for CH4 instead :)
Too kind as always :)
But I'd be more worried about the things Chris will do to you in Four tbh. *still aches if the weather is damp*

Edit: I seriously am thinking about having to put a warning up for that scene.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
So, with a new machine, does that mean we can expect a heavy five...?

I--I'll show myself out, now.
You should know how much I love wordplay by now Mr Freezer :)

The title is perhaps not as much a coincidence as some would think.... ;)
Considering the typical story structure - Chapter 5 falls right at the halfway point - where everything is terrible. :eek:

Following that, the baddies (characters/situations/whatever the outside force is) start closing in. (Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it does.)

Then comes the "all is lost" moment, and the "dark night of the soul." Everything the hero has/knows no longer has any meaning or use. It's the "why hast thou forsaken me?" moment of the arc.

It's only after all hope is lost that the hero can come back and use the lessons learned along the way to stop the baddies/solve the problem/shag the landlady and roommates in a massive orgy - and then the closing scene, and... credits.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Considering the typical story structure - Chapter 5 falls right at the halfway point - where everything is terrible. :eek:

Following that, the baddies (characters/situations/whatever the outside force is) start closing in. (Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it does.)

Then comes the "all is lost" moment, and the "dark night of the soul." Everything the hero has/knows no longer has any meaning or use. It's the "why hast thou forsaken me?" moment of the arc.

It's only after all hope is lost that the hero can come back and use the lessons learned along the way to stop the baddies/solve the problem/shag the landlady and roommates in a massive orgy - and then the closing scene, and... credits.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
No no, not the fight. That's rather fun really. :)

It's *whispers* the "other" scene.
Ah yeah that is one scene I will unfortunately likely miss despite all your sacrifices.

Another one for Frap:

Reactions: frap
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes