Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Well it is a theory i have heard before being put forward for devs that keep on postponing the inevitable for years. The other option is that they have no idea what to do with their game after the main protagonists had sex and are afraid to end the game. I have no care which one is true, for me as a player both reasons are as bad. I do not mind a bit of a slow burn, but if you cant even cook an egg with that heat it is time to run.
Well, this is either sad or pathetic D: (¿porque no los dos?)
Strangely, I can understand the postponing of sexual acts to drag a game. I don't condone it, but I understand it. But if you have no plan for the characters once they have sex, then I'm sorry to say that you suck (pun intended) as a writer.

Fortunately, none of this applies in this here thread :)
Except maybe for the "sucking" part :oops:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Well, this is either sad or pathetic D: (¿porque no los dos?)
Strangely, I can understand the postponing of sexual acts to drag a game. I don't condone it, but I understand it. But if you have no plan for the characters once they have sex, then I'm sorry to say that you suck (pun intended) as a writer.

Fortunately, none of this applies in this here thread :)
For me one of the (many) key elements to actually decide to support someone is to know the dev has plans for how to end the game and approximately when to end the game (I don't mean a date of course, I have a name brain understanding how difficult it is, but rather a scope of the game in terms of number of updates.) Chances that I lose interest before the end happens are (except with Notty) always high.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
For me one of the (many) key elements to actually decide to support someone is to know the dev has plans for how to end the game and approximately when to end the game (I don't mean a date of course, I have a name brain understanding how difficult it is, but rather a scope of the game in terms of number of updates.) Chances that I lose interest before the end happens are (except with Notty) always high.
Yup, usually you can sense it when a dev is mainly ejecting updates from his ass or when he follows a laid-out plot. Notty is obviously from the second category, what with all those allusions to chapter x or y events :D

Incidentally, I know of a little game about a Viking expedition who should take 7 chapters (if the dev would just pull his fingers out) and whose endings are known already :3

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yup, usually you can sense it when a dev is mainly ejecting updates from his ass or when he follows a laid-out plot. Notty is obviously from the second category, what with all those allusions to chapter x or y events :D

Incidentally, I know of a little game about a Viking expedition who should take 7 chapters (if the dev would just pull his fingers out) and whose endings are known already :3
It did not make it to version 3 though as of yet:p

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Well it is a theory i have heard before being put forward for devs that keep on postponing the inevitable for years. The other option is that they have no idea what to do with their game after the main protagonists had sex and are afraid to end the game. I have no care which one is true, for me as a player both reasons are as bad. I do not mind a bit of a slow burn, but if you cant even cook an egg with that heat it is time to run.
Reminds me a bit of the character Jessika (Redemption for Jessika)... she's used to groupies, so after she hooks up with MC she's not sure what to do.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Though this little slice of life is funny as hell because of its tongue-in-cheek humour, I wonder how drunk or high was Chris when she wrote that letter?
Because either the officers on the board of inquiry where all involved in this caper and wanted it swept under a rug, or she's totally blowing a raspberry at them and I don't see that ending too well for her career. At no time does she take responsibility for any of her crew's actions, which is very unlike her.
They are innocent! I read it in the letter.;)

Maybe the captain of the Intrepid is not a bad sort? That board of inquiry is pretty internal.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Maybe the captain of the Intrepid is not a bad sort? That board of inquiry is pretty internal.
Well it seems pretty sure she either knows they are scuppered anyway or has a ace up her sleeve and may know most of the members of the board or her hubby does:p

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018

Even if the Captain of the Intrepid is a "good" man and looks after his crew, there are some things that an officer in a command position cannot let pass. So I'm really curious to learn what punishment was deemed necessary in this case.
A simple slap on the wrist is highly unlikely... Perhaps some of her crew members were grounded after this incident, hence why our MC finds the Vanny short-staffed when the adventure begins?

Last edited:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Well the no sex thing is actually why I still did not play the DeLuca family. it should have been in last update but he moved it to next. I know it is an adult game instead of a p[orn fuckfest, but I want the dev to bite that bullet before investing emotionally of financially in a game:p
Next release is supposed to have some lewd (and I 100% trust HopesGaming to deliver), but people seem to forget that the previous release also did have some. You had the following scenes (slight spoilers for The DeLuca Family): French kissing and groping Gracie as well as starting a fingering session. It's still light, yes, but the emotional attachment I have for the girl makes it all worthwhile :)

After all, it the same emotional attachment that will make Heavy Five scenes that much more intense. Wouldn't care as much for these girls if we could shag them from v0.1 :p

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Next release is supposed to have some lewd (and I 100% trust HopesGaming to deliver), but people seem to forget that the previous release also did have some. You had the following scenes (slight spoilers for The DeLuca Family): French kissing and groping Gracie as well as starting a fingering session. It's still light, yes, but the emotional attachment I have for the girl makes it all worthwhile :)

After all, it the same emotional attachment that will make Heavy Five scenes that much more intense. Wouldn't care as much for these girls if we could shag them from v0.1 :p
True, like I said I do not mind a slow burn as such. Just like to see the dev being able to also get the good stuff in when it comes to an adult game. I only heard good things about the writing though, so when he does it should be a no-brainer to play it.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
True, like I said I do not mind a slow burn as such. Just like to see the dev being able to also get the good stuff in when it comes to an adult game. I only heard good things about the writing though, so when he does it should be a no-brainer to play it.
I heartily recommend it :) Without a doubt my second favourite game here (I'll let you guess about my first favourite game :p)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I heartily recommend it :) Without a doubt my second favourite game here (I'll let you guess about my first favourite game :p)
Seconded. It's my Number Two as well.:)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Exactly this. :)
I almost missed out on Depraved Awakenings because the very first scene was to shag Carli, and I thought nothing of the girl at the time. To be perfectly honest, I finally decided to play it and I completely let her aside during my first playthrough ^^

Reactions: Akamari

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I almost missed out on Depraved Awakenings because the very first scene was to shag Carli, and I thought nothing of the girl at the time. To be perfectly honest, I finally decided to play it and I completely let her aside during my first playthrough ^^
Yeah there is something in the middle between sex at first scene and no sex for three years:p Still DA is a pretty heavy sex game for the amount of story Philly got in. :ROFLMAO:

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes