Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Overhauls... I've been trying to write a game in Godot for a few years now, partly due to work and rl, but also because I keep rewriting parts as I learn to code better - sadly only text based atm as I can't do art.
Aye the art side is a bitch at times. If it was just writing *sighs*..... But on the other hand Daz is fairly straightforward to get going with, it only really gets complex as you raise the complexity level of what you want to see. A lot, of course, depends on how good you want stuff to want and what rig you have IT wise.

Also I really want to see how different the dialogue will be with Chris if/when I am able to ditch playing as a male.
Hugely. Hers is probs the biggest alt writing - about 50 per cent more or less, although Annie and Walker run her close.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Is it just me or is anyone else super interested in what mc's military files say about him that Chris and Amanda at least likely have access to?
I've rather left that somewhat vague.

I mean this is your character - not mine. So other than he was Infantry then tfrd to the Engineers and has a sister....that's it. Y'see if I started giving you lots of background on the MC then he starts to become my character - not yours. I don't want the players choice of play style to be inhibited by anything I tell them about their character.

For example, let's say I gave him a backstory of fabulous service somewhere - and you're now playing him as a slacker. Doesn't make sense to me and might not to you. I want you to be able to roleplay your character as you want.

Besides, if I can get something else to work.....well. Let's see. It'll be something not done before for sure.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

I mean this is your character - not mine. So other than he was Infantry then tfrd to the Engineers and has a sister....that's it. Y'see if I started giving you lots of background on the MC then he starts to become my character - not yours. I don't want the players choice of play style to be inhibited by anything I tell them about their character.

For example, let's say I gave him a backstory of fabulous service somewhere - and you're now playing him as a slacker. Doesn't make sense to me and might not to you. I want you to be able to roleplay your character as you want.

Besides, if I can get something else to work.....well. Let's see. It'll be something not done before for sure.
Yeah I understand and even agree with you, it just feels a bit weird that Chris and Amanda in a way know more about my char then I do, not even speaking of Kelly. :p

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

That actually makes perfect sense! :) I hadn't thought about it that way before, I'm just so used to games where everything is already set in place at the beginning.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

I think you've really hit the nail with the MC! He is interesting enough not to be bland and boring, yet there is all the room I would want to roleplay him any way I please.:giggle:

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes