Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Well I would not go as far as to say a hard no in advance, since I do believe the dev should always have the final word, but there are def dangers in such a thing and would advice to leave to major changes for a next game.
By "hard no" I mean I would vocally object (until neighbours start complaining about the noise) and possibly write a treatise about why that should never be done. That's all. Although I wouldn't do it here, I have abandoned games for this very reason. :)

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
That one I just did was. On the bldg? I ramped down the detail and just did a 4k size render for 10 minutes.
I mean the reason why I prefer the original is not that it this was a quick test.;)

Sorry for the confusion. I wish my 10 minute tests looked like that. :D

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I mean the reason why I prefer the original is not that it this was a quick test.;)

Sorry for the confusion. I wish my 10 minute tests looked like that. :D
If Notty had added the details and time for a long run, she would have likely looked a lot more like the Amanda we both like.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Yeah she looks a bit older and def more unfriendly in the test render, but like I said that might be cause Notty did not add her touches and magic to the test:p
That's exactly it.

We're comparing a one hour render to a ten minute one.

I shouldn't have put it up tbh in retrospect. *won't make that mistake again*

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yeah she looks a bit older and def more unfriendly in the test render, but like I said that might be cause Notty did not add her touches and magic to the test:p
Like I said, look at the eyes and the eyebrows. If you consider different design to be a touch/magic then yes.

• Thinking Face
  • Haha

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
That's exactly it.

It's okay. At the very least, it gives you one piece of information that is crucial for the rest of our adventure together: if we don't like something, we can tell you. That means we're not just blindly following everything you do like so many blind sheep in front of the Shephard :p

Retrospectively, it also means that until now, we did like everything you've made :)

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
That's exactly it.

Not at all, it just shows how much work you actually put into each and every render. :)

Like you said, it's a 10-minute test, not a full render. What isn't clear is how much prep work was involved? (Daz virgin here!)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I'm sorry, but I don't think render time would make a difference to what I was saying. What I was pointing at, is in the 10 hour render as well.

I agree with Sulring Durgul on this. I made a mistake earlier of looking at the first render on its own and not making the comparison. Also, I didn't expect that kind of difference...

There is no problem with 10 minute renders...:(

Just a misunderstanding, perhaps?

• Thinking Face

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not at all, it just shows how much work you actually put into each and every render. :)

Like you said, it's a 10-minute test, not a full render. What isn't clear is how much prep work was involved? (Daz virgin here!)
Yeah it is almost the same difference as when if you have a girlfriend and you wake up with her in the morning when she has a bad day with a heavy cold with when she is ready to go out for a gala dinner all ready and dressed for success (or to kill). :p

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
It's okay. At the very least, it gives you one piece of information that is crucial for the rest of our adventure together: if we don't like something, we can tell you. That means we're not just blindly following everything you do like so many blind sheep in front of the Shephard :)p).
Yep, this. I think honesty is important. False praise doesn't help.:)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes