Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Not sure why people seen to bo like the new amanda. I think she looks great and still like the character i alreafy love
I like old Amanda. This isn't Amanda anymore to me. Character makeover is a pet peeve of mine.

The fault is with me, of course, I should have realised what's going on right from the beginning. I should have remained silent instead of making a lot of unnecessary and confusing posts.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
I like old Amanda. This isn't Amanda anymore to me. Character makeover is a pet peeve of mine.

The fault is with me, of course, I should have realised what's going on right from the beginning. I should have remained silent instead of making a lot of unnecessary and confusing posts.
I understand, I am not a fan of redesigns either. I juat personally think in this case she still looks like Amanda but i repect why you dont like it.

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
Are you having a stroke?
:p
Nah just a very overwhelming day at work
Sorry just realized i should probably explain that i have extremely poor writing skills. On top of that i am stuck using my phone for the forseeable future which is making me seem even worse. So sorry to everyone who reads my post for the poor grammar, spelling, and sentence structure

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Sorry just realized i should probably explain that i have extremely poor writing skills. On top of that i am stuck using my phone for the forseeable future which is making me seem even worse. So sorry to everyone who reads my post for the poor grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
Please, don't apologize, I was merely trying to be funny :x

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Chill the only times we're being serious in here is when we're praising the game's quality. Most of the rest of the time if we're not funny we're at least trying to be.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
View attachment 412599

Very quick cheat version
Oh no! What did I do wrong, I swear, I didn't shoot anything, I was stuck in a cave with Vanna White! Oh, no, that was the closet, never mind, wrong song.
She doesn't look very happy here, what's Mike done now? ;):rolleyes: or Chris, she doesn't seem to like Chris that much (well at least on one of my playthroughs;))
I didn't take Chris, so I HOPE it was Mike! I do NOT want to be on the receiving end of that glare!
Well I would not go as far as to say a hard no in advance, since I do believe the dev should always have the final word, but there are def dangers in such a thing and would advice to leave to major changes for a next game.
It depends on the change, but generally I agree with you.
Mostly it's the expression ...and the eyebrows.
That's exactly it.

We're comparing a one hour render to a ten minute one.

I shouldn't have put it up tbh in retrospect. *won't make that mistake again*
Nothing wrong with a quickie, just depends on what you want to show off. XD
Like I said, look at the eyes and the eyebrows. If you consider different design to be a touch/magic then yes.
Is that why BiowEAr can't pull off their magic any more? Notty has it now?!?!?! :eek:

Depends on what you mean by 'old Amanada', if you mean this one...
236368_walker.png
Then I like the new one better, and there could very well be an in-story reason for it, from bad lighting on picture day, a bad hair day, to Ophion having a fountain of youth. We don't know yet. XD
I can relate to the writing skills one. XD Man, I hate being on a phone, I do not envy you. Good luck!

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
Chill the only times we're being serious in here is when we're praising the game's quality. Most of the rest of the time if we're not funny we're at least trying to be.
I actually found it very funny . This was just me being overly critical of my self, you guys are an awesome group of people whose humor and kind words have always made this thread such a joy to hang out.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Depends on what you mean by 'old Amanada', if you mean this one...
View attachment 412995
That's the same Amanda as the one on the roof, believe it or not. ;)

Then I like the new one better, and there could very well be an in-story reason for it, from bad lighting on picture day, a bad hair day, to Ophion having a fountain of youth. We don't know yet. XD
The "new new" one, to go with your line of thought, was just a test of some more detailed and thus more render hamster demanding bits, I believe. There's no story reason for that one.:)

• Haha
Reactions: DA22 and TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That's the same Amanda as the one on the roof, believe it or not. ;)

The "new new" one, to go with your line of thought, was just a test of some more detailed and thus more render hamster demanding bits, I believe. There's no story reason for that one.:)
Yes, same model, but not the same hairstyle, lighting, make-up, etc. You know how those driver's license pictures can be...

I think that newest one is more the expression than anything. Ugly expressions can make us look less appealing. XD

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yes, same model, but not the same hairstyle, lighting, make-up, etc. You know how those driver's license pictures can be...
True, but those are all changes that can be achieved naturally.

I think that newest one is more the expression than anything. Ugly expressions can make us look less appealing. XD
That one has a different skin, eyebrows, and possibly eyes. That's very different. It's not about the expression, really.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
True, but those are all changes that can be achieved naturally.

That one has a different skin, eyebrows, and possibly eyes. That's very different. It's not about the expression, really.
The eyes and the eyebrows, sure, both of them could be done in real life as well though (I know far too many women who pluck their eyebrows and wear contacts).

The skin, I don't see it much (other than the eyebrows which is generally part of the skin), it is slight enough that it could be the lighting or make-up.

The eyes I don't care about, but the eyebrows are worse on this one, and the expression amplifies it. At least the eyebrow remover works for gen3 so you can add your own, for gen8 it can be a problem. I have to do them manually in photoshop, can be hard to get the shading right.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but along with the obvious "please support the game" messages in the game itself, would a "please review the game" message also help with getting the game out there?

Obviously not until after the remaster is done of course. :)
That would kinda give approval to using f95 to get the game, no?:)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and TheDevian
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes