Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I see what you mean, I think. Annie looks more real. Sarah's skin has a "rubber" quality to it.

That's my very dumb and unexperienced opinion anyway.
No, no, no. Not a dumb opinion at all. It can't be - it's one I share :)

But, aye. Sarah on her own looks fine. But her next to anyone else or close up - she just doesn't work skin wise. But I've got three detailed skins I'm trying out - and the first one....I'll be honest. At distance I couldn't tell the difference at all.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
In respect to the skin comparison thingy I mentioned earlier btw...
View attachment 413493

See the difference? If anything we should be seeing more detail on Sarah's skin with her being closer and yet it's Annie that has more detail.

The good news however is the first contender for the skin replacement is looking pretty good. By that I mean, other than the detail close up, you can't really tell I've changed the skin. Going to do some tests in scene situ and see if she holds up. Will advise
It's not the subject on your post, but I love this image so much <3
On the subject of your post, though, I'd say Sarah's skin is good enough but for two things: first, the genitalia issue, and second, I must admit that when I first saw Sarah in chapter 1, she did indeed look a bit like a Barbie to me. I do love her now, but I remember thinking she had a doll-like face (skin) and the level of detail of Annie's was what first made me like her better than Rah-Rah.

Looks like the Deluca update was a strong one Huity, but that he did move on the sex till next update again. Pity guess will be another few months before having a look at it. :p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For those of us in this here thread that never tried the DeLuca Family, I heartily recommend it :)

Last edited:

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
No, no, no. Not a dumb opinion at all. It can't be - it's one I share :)

But, aye. Sarah on her own looks fine. But her next to anyone else or close up - she just doesn't work skin wise. But I've got three detailed skins I'm trying out - and the first one....I'll be honest. At distance I couldn't tell the difference at all.
Just because I'm right, doesn't mean I'm smart.

To prove this point, the first thought that popped in my head reading this was to makea a "I'd work her skin" joke.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It's not the subject on your post, but I love this image so much <3
On the subject of your post, though, I'd say Sarah's skin is good enough but for two things: first, the genitalia issue, and second, I must admit that when I first saw Sarah in chapter 1, she did indeed look a bit like a Barbie to me. I do love her now, but I remember thinking she had a doll-like face (skin) and the level of detail of Annie's was what first made me like her better than Rah-Rah.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Planning to Huity as soon as he bites the bullet and looking forward to it, but this game does sound to good to get invested in if he never can bite that bullet. :p

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I said I wouldn't do this again but...just for some comfort.

This is new Sarah before I've done more work on the skin tone.

View attachment 413501

So not a massive difference even at this stage.
Yep, she's still hot.
Sorry Akamari, thought that part was not a spoiler since i did not put any storyline in and this remark you can easily see in the thread.
You mean the part where there's no sex in the update. Even I wouldn't call that a spoiler, especially with the dev goign on and on about it and apologizing. Which I appreciate the concern but turns out good games can get away with having updates without lewds.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
By genitalia issue, you mean the pubic hair? Because she won't have "no gens".
I don't know your experience with Daz, but usually, skins have a prebuild genitalia which is more like painting a really crude vagina and some hair on the crotch area. It can be enough for far away shots, but when you want to use said vagina, you have to add specific assets. Sometimes, these assets don't mesh well with the prebuild one :/

View attachment 413501

Original Sarah
View attachment 413503
The mole on her neck disappeared! We know now without fail that this is Thea Lundgren in disguise and she should DIE DIIIIIIE YOU COMMIE!!! Kidding, this is absolutely purrfect! Great job Notty!

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

View attachment 413501

Original Sarah
View attachment 413503
Oh the eyebrows!:eek: Not a big difference, but still noticable. I looked only at the new at first to be as impartial as possible.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I don't know your experience with Daz, but usually, skins have a prebuild genitalia which is more like painting a really crude vagina and some hair on the crotch area. It can be enough for far away shots, but when you want to use said vagina, you have to add specific assets. Sometimes, these assets don't mesh well with the prebuild one :/
Those assets tend to replace large enough areas the original paint isn't an issue. At least that's my limited experience. Not saying it can't happen though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes