DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
*nods*
In this case, it is not "good enough for other games" either. The prebuild genitalia is generally awful and one of the first thing one must learn for female models to be good.
Full and total support.
What you say and yeah I can fully understand that Notty can not live with it.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Just so you can understand what I mean a bit better. Sarah's gen hair as it stands.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As I say. Just not good enough. (and no, I don't care if this is good enough for other games... :) )

With it being hardwired into the skin, the skin has to change. Also you'll notice the complete absence of any texture or detail in close.
The hair is an issue, for the genitals, I would say something like Golden Palace is the one most use for that, New Genitalia for V7 might be good enough as well... But pubes are a problem... That is one thing I like about gen8, the eyebrows still are, but the pubes are not built in. The best option would be to find pubes as an add on, and at worst, we edit the base skin in photoshop and remove the default hair. So far I have not found much in the way of gen3 pubes, but I admit I haven't looked hard yet, not using many. In all honesty, it might be better to have her shaven if they are that bad.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Speaking of Jaffa cakes, I'll infringe the "no off-topic post" rule for what may be the first time ever ever ever, but I'll be flying to London in one month for a business-related event. Jaffa cake tasting, here I come :D
We will hear whether you like them o not, now if you start by buying 100 cartons, you can send the other 99 to Notty if you do not like them. :p

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Speaking of Jaffa cakes, I'll infringe the "no off-topic post" rule for what may be the first time ever ever ever, but I'll be flying to London in one month for a business-related event. Jaffa cake tasting, here I come :D
OOo! Drop me a PM for when you're in the smoke. I'm back down there myself next month. Could be fun to grab a coffee if the stars align.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Damn. I think it was the four hundredth and twenty seventh thing I learned :(
I'l llet you in on a secret, I'm not good with the G8 new genitalia asset and am still learning as we speak. Especially when the body is wet using geoshells and whatnots, and the whole crotch area keeps shining like a silver pyramid under the winter's moon :/

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'l llet you in on a secret, I'm not good with the G8 new genitalia asset and am still learning as we speak. Especially when the body is wet using geoshells and whatnots, and the whole crotch area keeps shining like a silver pyramid under the winter's moon :/
I am still learning the Geoshells, they can be a pain, if you use more than one especially. For gen8, I generally use Golden Palace 1-2, though I haven't figure out how to make an 'inny' yet.
If you mix it with headlights or something, you will have to go into the shell on the genitals and turn off the headlights (or any other shell that might conflict).

Also, if you are using the headlights for the nipples, I suggest not using the shell for it, and use the HD nips first for the areola texture. The results are much better.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
To my mind, the main thing to look for when changing skin is not the skin itself, but the eyebrows and lips.
That was my point with Amanda. It just didn't click as her, despite it being the same model. I'm very skeptical about this...

I would say something like Golden Palace is the one most use for that
Very subjective, but I consider Golden Palace downright ugly...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
That was my point with Amanda. It just didn't click as her, despite it being the same model. I'm very skeptical about this...

Yeah, hope it will be less work as it might be and she can keep Sarah close to the Sarah we know, but I fully understand and agree with Notty that she needs to change that skin.

Edit: Well she has certain plans with Sarah and considering how she looks up close in those plans right now, her options are either a different skin or zooming out those kind of renders until we are unable to see any detail. I guess nobody would want that. :p I for one am planning to have at least three or four play-through's, having some fun with Sarah up close and personal. :love:

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yeah, hope it will be less work as it might be and she can keep Sarah close to the Sarah we know, but I fully understand and agree with Notty that she needs to change that skin.

Edit: Well she has certain plans with Sarah and considering how she looks up close in those plans, her options are either a different skin or zooming out those kind of renders until we are unable to see any detail. I guess nobody would want that. :p I for one am planning to have at least three of four plays having some fun with Sarah up close and personal. :love:
It looks good to me. Can it look better? Definitely. Does it need to be changed? Not in my opinion.

IMO the first rule when creating a character should be: "Make the best of it! You can do this only once!"

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I didn't say it was awesome, I just said I tend to use it the most, since the others either are nothing at all, like default, or they have problems. It tends to work the best so far with what little I have done.

Sadly, there just aren't that many options.

Reactions: Akamari

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It looks good to me. Can it look better? Definitely. Does it need to be changed? Not in my opinion.

IMO the first rule when creating a character should be: "Make the best of it! You can do this only once!"
Did you have a good look at this? https://f95zone.to/threads/heavy-five-ch-3-v1-2-nottravis.23184/post-2454868

The problem is it does not look very good and Notty says that she is unable to change that with the current skin, sad but true. It is not like she is relishing or looking forward to the extra work it will give her. :(

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Did you have a good look at this? https://f95zone.to/threads/heavy-five-ch-3-v1-2-nottravis.23184/post-2454868

The problem is it does not look very good and Notty says that she is unable to change that with the current skin, sad but true. It is not like she is relishing or looking forward to the extra work it will give her. :(
Yes, I did and I stand by my opinion. It's good enough.

EDIT: These examples need a gens addon of course, just in case someone thinks I'm totally out of my mind. Talking only about the skin itself.

Also, no need to remind me it's her call. I'm aware, thank you.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yes, I did and I stand by my opinion. It's good enough.

EDIT: These examples need a gens addon of course, just in case someone thinks I'm totally out of my mind. Talking only about the skin itself.

Also, no need to remind me it's her call. I'm aware, thank you.
We will have to agree to disagree:p

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Just so you can understand what I mean a bit better. Sarah's gen hair as it stands.

As I say. Just not good enough. (and no, I don't care if this is good enough for other games... :) )

With it being hardwired into the skin, the skin has to change. Also you'll notice the complete absence of any texture or detail in close.

Edit: Also note the crudity of the BMP map which -really- shows underwater. She looks like she's made out of pink concrete...
I'm so glad I browse these forums in the privacy on my home. Damn.

Like I've said before, what matters most is that you're satisfied with the game you're making. And frankly I don't think I can even give any useful input on this.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
In respect to the skin comparison thingy I mentioned earlier btw...
chapt4 promo.png

See the difference? If anything we should be seeing more detail on Sarah's skin with her being closer and yet it's Annie that has more detail.

The good news however is the first contender for the skin replacement is looking pretty good. By that I mean, other than the detail close up, you can't really tell I've changed the skin. Going to do some tests in scene situ and see if she holds up. Will advise

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
We will have to agree to disagree:p
I'm fine with that.:)

I shouldn't be so pessimistic about this, it's Notty we're talking about - who else can do it perfectly with utmost attention to every detail, if not her? -, but I worry about Sarah losing a portion of her identity. I dread that everytime I see her I will think she's Thea Lundgren!!!:eek: ...that I will think it's not really her anymore.. As flawed as her skin is, I might be too attached to it at this point... It could break all immersion.

Maybe I finally understand Notty's point that she shouldn't have posted those unfinished renders. In light of this, they are not encouraging...:( Not because of quality, but because of design choice...

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
In respect to the skin comparison thingy I mentioned earlier btw...
View attachment 413493

See the difference? If anything we should be seeing more detail on Sarah's skin with her being closer and yet it's Annie that has more detail.

The good news however is the first contender for the skin replacement is looking pretty good. By that I mean, other than the detail close up, you can't really tell I've changed the skin. Going to do some tests in scene situ and see if she holds up. Will advise
I see what you mean, I think. Annie looks more real. Sarah's skin has a "rubber" quality to it.

That's my very dumb and unexperienced opinion anyway.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm fine with that.:)

I shouldn't be so pessimistic about this, it's Notty we're talking about - who else can do it perfectly with utmost attention to every detail, if not her? -, but I worry about Sarah losing a portion of her identity. I dread that everytime I see her I will think she's Thea Lundgren!!!:eek: ...that I will think it's not really her anymore.. As flawed as her skin is, I might be too attached to it at this point... It could break all immersion.

Maybe I finally understand Notty's point that she shouldn't have posted those unfinished renders. In light of this, they are not encouraging...:( Not because of quality, but because of design choice...
I understand your concern and even agree with it. I also know though that Notty will do the best that she can do and that that in the end is all I can ask of her. In the worst case I will just have to fall in love with the new Sarah again, after all she still has the same personality and quirks. :p

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes