TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Now some news - Sarah is getting a new skin for the remaster.

Now you, of course, are entitled to your opinions on this for it is a free world after all, but it is happening.

Basically, her current skin (Summer) is just...awful. Far too plastic and lacking in detail in close up. You don't really notice that much as a rule but put her against another character, especially someone like Annie, and she looks like a honey select model in comparison. Also the Summer map has some prebuilt genital hair which, again in close up, looks frankly awful and no matter what I do to cover it up or erase it just looks terrible. Given that we can spend a lot of time with Sarah's naughty bits this isn't good enough.

I'm trying to find a better quality skin that comes close to her current tone so it won't be jarring for you.

Oh...the Taylor Swift comparisons might be out of date. I hadn't realised how pale she was compared to Rah-Rah...*actually tried her skin...*
Your call, and while I generally don't care for that sort of thing, I will reserve judgment for when you pick something. As long as it's not the default Gen3f skin I am willing to see, hopefully it will be no big deal, or an improvement. :geek:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

Now you, of course, are entitled to your opinions on this for it is a free world after all, but it is happening.

Basically, her current skin (Summer) is just...awful. Far too plastic and lacking in detail in close up. You don't really notice that much as a rule but put her against another character, especially someone like Annie, and she looks like a honey select model in comparison. Also the Summer map has some prebuilt genital hair which, again in close up, looks frankly awful and no matter what I do to cover it up or erase it just looks terrible. Given that we can spend a lot of time with Sarah's naughty bits this isn't good enough.
So you'll be re-re-rendering every single Sarah render, I take it?

What about Gloria's skin?

I'm trying to find a better quality skin that comes close to her current tone so it won't be jarring for you.
Good luck with that.:(

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and TheDevian

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
The care is appreciated and will trust you. It might also help with the fact I think she looks even better as Gloria as with her natural hair. Somehow her eyes look better as Gloria.
Aye, the lighting goes so far - and it does make a massive difference to how characters look, but there's a scene in Four where....well, let's just say that Annie and Sarah are -very- close and it just looks...awful.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Your call, and while I generally don't care for that sort of thing, I will reserve judgment for when you pick something. As long as it's not the default Gen3f skin I am willing to see, hopefully it will be no big deal, or an improvement. :geek:
Oh I've already three that I'm trying out. Remember Sarah herself isn't changing. Just her skin map and if I can get one close enough all I need to do is play with the translucency and I could well end up with a perfect tone match.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

Oh...the Taylor Swift comparisons might be out of date. I hadn't realised how pale she was compared to Rah-Rah...*actually tried her skin...*
Well, if you think you had to change her skin, then her skin has to change. Your game, your characters, your smut, your choice :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well, if you think you had to change her skin, then her skin has to change. Your game, your characters, your smut, your choice :)
*curtsies*

Pointless me doing all this and having such a jarring comparison. Really.

My own fault in a way, I hadn't appreciated how bad her skin set was at the start as she looked pretty good I thought. But, not good enough for a skin-game.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
*curtsies*

My own fault in a way, I hadn't appreciated how bad her skin set was at the start as she looked pretty good I thought. But, not good enough for a skin-game.
Well, she is still my favorite, her and Kelly were the best looking to start in my opinion, so I am curious to see how it could get better.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
*curtsies*

Well for finding out things like that. early sex in a game is a good thing I guess. I am with Huity on this and will do my best to give a fair critique on new Sarah when she comes out to seduce us. Well I know for sure her character and demeanor will not change, so there will be enough there anyway to seduce me. (Note to self, careful you are agreeing to often with him lately, be careful with water:p)

Nice shot of Taylor. How did you get her unaware for that photo op? :p

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Oh I've already three that I'm trying out. Remember Sarah herself isn't changing. Just her skin map and if I can get one close enough all I need to do is play with the translucency and I could well end up with a perfect tone match.
Best of luck! I hope it goes well.

...Just hope we don't get something like Eve from Summertime Saga. :ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
  • Haha
Reactions: Nottravis and DA22

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Just so you can understand what I mean a bit better. Sarah's gen hair as it stands.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As I say. Just not good enough. (and no, I don't care if this is good enough for other games... :) )

With it being hardwired into the skin, the skin has to change. Also you'll notice the complete absence of any texture or detail in close.

Edit: Also note the crudity of the BMP map which -really- shows underwater. She looks like she's made out of pink concrete...

Last edited:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
To my mind, the main thing to look for when changing skin is not the skin itself, but the eyebrows and lips. Modifying these two "assets" (that generally come associated with the skin) can drastically change the feel of the character. I know I've played around with skin much more than I care to admit before finding the right combo every time. And thus, I also know how it feels when something is not quite right and you wish to improve it.

That being said, I choose to trust Notty to know what's best for her game and her vision of Sarah.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
To my mind, the main thing to look for when changing skin is not the skin itself, but the eyebrows and lips. Modifying these two "assets" (that generally come associated with the skin) can drastically change the feel of the character. I know I've played around with skin much more than I care to admit before finding the right combo every time. And thus, I also know how it feels when something is not quite right and you wish to improve it.

That being said, I choose to trust Notty to know what's best for her game and her vision of Sarah.
Well fingers crossed she'll look the same, just with more detail. Anyhoo that's todays job.

Laters

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Just so you can understand what I mean a bit better. Sarah's gen hair as it stands.

As I say. Just not good enough. (and no, I don't care if this is good enough for other games... :) )

With it being hardwired into the skin, the skin has to change. Also you'll notice the complete absence of any texture or detail in close.
*nods*
In this case, it is not "good enough for other games" either. The prebuild genitalia is generally awful and one of the first thing one must learn for female models to be good.
Full and total support.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Jaffa Cakes. She can't get them in the states - well, not proper ones at any rate *sage nods*
Speaking of Jaffa cakes, I'll infringe the "no off-topic post" rule for what may be the first time ever ever ever, but I'll be flying to London in one month for a business-related event. Jaffa cake tasting, here I come :D

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes