Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
I doubt she has acess to files from people of a superior clearance level than her.

Anyway if there is a chance to help Kelly get back at Chris i sure would help my sister just to see what would happen. :devilish: :devilish: :LOL: :LOL:
Also that. Plus Kelly is there to learn about traffic and movement control, no?
Yeh right, Radar Riley was not far from truth in MASH. A comms/Logistics officer gets finger on pulse fast or shit doesn't happen.

But how do we know that Kelly isn't really a spy? She might just be acting about not expecting to see MC there? She might know everything about everyone...
Spy or she has orders to assist Trish though she seems to have a lot more respect for Trish than just following orders to point she indefinitely brushed off own brother which didn't add up with her nostalgic reminiscing on Bear.

But if she is a spy, well....why not Marcus? Or Trisha? Or....etc etc. I mean, why would there be a spy there anyway?

It's a backwater research station. It doesn't seem that important to me...
Yeh yeh and I have a bridge for sale over the lovely Sydney harbour. already has toll system set up and all.

No civilisation on Phoebe thankfully as far as Command is concerned. They've been pootling around there for months with a ship in orbit scanning everything and anything and absolutely no sign of any civilisation at all.

That is it's other big advantage over Ophion of course. No intelligent native life.

It's an interesting one isn't it. But "life", in it's broadest sense, doesn't need intelligent life to be successful. Allow me to hand over to Professor Lynne Isbell, professor of anthropology at the University of California.

"Evolution isn't a progression. It's about how well organisms fit into their current environments." While extreme adaptability lets humans manipulate very different environments to meet our needs, that ability isn't enough to put humans at the top of the evolutionary ladder.

Take, for instance, ants. "Ants are as or more successful than we are," Isbell said "There are so many more ants in the world than humans, and they're well-adapted to where they're living."

While ants haven't developed writing (though they did invent agriculture long before we existed), they're hugely successful as a life form. They just aren't obviously excellent at all of the things humans tend to care about, which happens to be the things humans excel at.

"We have this idea of the fittest being the strongest or the fastest, but all you really have to do to win the evolutionary game is survive and reproduce."

So life doesn't need civilisation or indeed even creatures that can attain those heights. "Life" doesn't really care.
Definition of intelligent life not always a military strong suit, a bit hard to forget the Terra Nulis assessment of Australia when a dumping ground for the unwanted was needed.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Yeh right, Radar Riley was not far from truth in MASH. A comms/Logistics officer gets finger on pulse fast or shit doesn't happen.

Spy or she has orders to assist Trish though she seems to have a lot more respect for Trish than just following orders to point she indefinitely brushed off own brother which didn't add up with her nostalgic reminiscing on Bear.

Yeh yeh and I have a bridge for sale over the lovely Sydney harbour. already has toll system set up and all.

Definition of intelligent life not always a military strong suit, a bit hard to forget the Terra Nulis assessment of Australia when a dumping ground for the unwanted was needed.
*untrusting Sinphil is untrusting!*

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I will! Whatever the cost, whomever I have to kill, or watch die, or give water to, I will meet Yvonne. And we'll make sweet sweet bunny killing and drinks giving!
I can't see any reason why the marines, or indeed anyone else, would even come down to Ophion tbh. Mot much is happening - other than MC not finding any faults...

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes