Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
There's also the issue with the base on the surface of that planet ? Sattilite ? I don't exactly recall what it is.
But the Sci-Fi is where i don't mind it stretching credulity. If i did, i wouldn't be a sci-fi fan.
Hmm. Not sure what you might be hinting at, but there's also not a lot of options in terms of assets, so compromises have to be made. Trying to make a DAZ game outside of the usual generic modern setting can be quite a challenge in that aspect.

Still, I think Notty pays so much attention to the science details that you shouldn't find anything that would be a complete bullshit. And if you do, just ask her, and I'm pretty sure she'll give you a satisfying answer. I have never caught her in her negligee as one saying in my country goes. ;)

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hmm. Not sure what you might be hinting at, but there's also not a lot of options in terms of assets, so compromises have to be made. Trying to make a DAZ game outside of the usual generic modern setting can be quite a challenge in that aspect.

Still, I think Notty pays so much attention to the science details that you shouldn't find anything that would be a complete bullshit. And if you do, just ask her, and I'm pretty sure she'll give you a satisfying answer. I have never caught her in her negligee as one saying in my country goes. ;)
Again, i'm not saying anything is completely bullshit, but that there are elements that strech the bounds of what is realistic. Also yes the game assets only allow for so much and i as the reader/player have to accept that.

I don't think Notty has done anything worth being in arms over either, i enjoy the game and like the world(s).

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Again, i'm not saying anything is completely bullshit, but that there are elements that strech the bounds of what is realistic. Also yes the game assets only allow for so much and i as the reader/player have to accept that.

I don't think Notty has done anything worth being in arms over either, i enjoy the game and like the world(s).
Oh, I wasn't accusing you or anything, just saying in case you find something like that. All good. :)

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
On the contrary, it's actually good planning because it will pay off in the long run.
I would agree if this was a second project of an established dev like with lots of backers, but I'm not sure if it's a wise idea to shake the foundation if you don't have the quantity.

That's your choice, of course. It won't change anything however. Perhaps it will be more up to your liking in the future.
I know it won't and I never thought it would or wanted it to, I'm not the main target audience here. All in all it's just my 2 cents from someone on the outside with neutral-sceptic stance on this whole remastering business that a lot of people tend to get into these days for no real reason.

Reactions: DA22 and NeimadFR

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I would agree if this was a second project of an established dev like with lots of backers, but I'm not sure if it's a wise idea to shake the foundation if you don't have the quantity.

I know it won't and I never thought it would or wanted it to, I'm not the main target audience here. All in all it's just my 2 cents from someone on the outside with neutral-sceptic stance on this whole remastering business that a lot of people tend to get into these days for no real reason.
I'm with you on the countless pointless remasters, but after following the developpment and community for a few month, I assure you this is not one of those.
You can clearly feel the passion of Notty unlike all those cashgrab devs and I have trust in her vision that the remaster will not just be a HD texture pack like most of the other remaster, we already know that chapter 2 will get back the 1/3 of content that had to be axed in the original because of hardware limitations.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Eh....
I wouldn't say realistic in a sci-fi setting. It defintely has moments that stretch the bounds of realism, like atmospheric re-entry with the landing gear still out. Technically that would cause so much added heat stress that the spacecraft would disentigrate upon entry. There's other problems that come up in future chapters as well.

But if you want to argue that the realism is with relationship building then maybe. There's some people who are less inhibited when it comes to sex than others and i'm sure that will be explored in later chapters.
I think your basis is flawed, it clearly state in the PDA that Ophion's atmosphere is thinner and lower in oxygen so you can't compare it to an Earth atmosphere re-entry, I know seaching for scientific realism in a sci-fi setting is a moot point but in that particular case I think it holds up :D

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Also part of the problem was that when she just wanted to upgrade a few things originally, she ran into the problem while testing chapter 4, by tester, the sex scenes for chapter 4 some came back badly and when she ran into problems as well when she then tested some sex scenes for later scenes she found that a lot of the skins she had originally chosen ran into serious problems at close-ups when naked. Yeah a more experienced dev might not have had that happen and she has tested the new skins this time. Unfortunately that made the remaster a way bigger job and then when she also found out how much better she could do each render she felt she had no choice but to redo all. Then when she also got a much more powerful PC so animations and such, plus content she had to cut originally against her will became possible to implement she could not resist. While she was busy as well she could streamline the coding a bit, which should also help, since this game will be quite big in the end, when gets there.

So Remaster for the reasons you mentioned was possibly not the wisest choice of all though part of it would have been needed anyway unless you would want jarring characters in the game, but very much a choice that fits Notty as a person and a choice she had to make to be able to be happy to make the game. Well she seems to be happy now with the graphic level and content for the game, so we should be save from another remaster.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I hope so, and in fact I'm almost sure about it.
It's just Nottravis being put to her story and showing (for those who still doubt) that she really care about her game. If the female MC would have been able to use the pressure suit, then Annie could have done it also, and would have been more qualified for it. Therefore, Chris wouldn't have had this opportunity anyway.
Well if worried:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
And without offense I'd say the game is way not popular enough to justify too much downtime between updates that actually continue something.
Popularity is so subjective, what make a game "popular" ?

Was a game like Big Brother popular when half of the comments about it were to say how much the game was killed by the introduction of Eric, how an idiot the author (supposedly) was, or how clueless the player was about what he had to do next in the game ?
Is a game like Dating my Daughter popular when half of the comments are to remember how slow the story advance, and apparently now also to say how stupid the story became ?
Is a game like Milfy City popular when so many comments are to ask when will finally be the next update, how much time there's between two updates, and how small they are ?

Of course, you can count the number of patrons, and yes in this regard Heavy Five isn't as popular as games made by a dev that have a Patreon account since many years. And also less popular that few games who started, more or less, at the same time. Yet it's so much more popular than the, around 300, other games that started in 2019 and that, for the majority of them, haven't hit the 10 patrons.
But anyway, do this really mean something ? Akabur have done almost nothing since so many years and have more patrons. Not because he or his games more popular, but because there's way too many people who totally forgot that they were pledging him. And suddenly, what was previously a sign of popularity, become the proof of a total absence of interest.

In number of reply, this thread is the tenth of this section of the forum ; and moderators already stroke when it wasn't on topic discussions, so the amount of reply is reliable. And only one, among the nine games before it, isn't at least one year older than Heavy Five. While there's negative comments, mostly people patiently wait for the next update, whatever it's an announced remastering or not, while talking about the game and its story. And from my point of view, it's a proof of popularity, in the good meaning of the word.

This said, you've totally the right to not agree. It's a free thread, on a free forum, itself on a free planet. But I have a question, a metaphysical one, for you but not only : Why to say it ?

To my knowledge, you aren't an expert in game making, nor in game marketing. You aren't either a leader, nor some kind of authority. No, you're just like everyone of us (well, perhaps some would exclude me of the list, but I don't). You're nothing more, and also nothing less, than a human being like any other, who's neither right, nor wrong.
Therefore, why expressing your thought about the remastering of the game ? You're in the middle of a crowd that clearly don't care about it, why being the dog in a bowling game ?

Do you feel better now that you've expressed it ? I'm sure that it isn't the case, it changed absolutely nothing in your life.
Do this will change anything for the game and its making process ? No. You aren't enough of an authority, and didn't gave effective arguments, for this to happen. You "fear that", and that's all you've to say. Your only arguments to weight your opinion are purely subjective ones ; the lack of popularity, and the comparison, based on nothing more that your own feeling, with another game.
So what ? Is it because you think that we are blind naive idiots who can't see the truth, and needed you in our life to show us the light ? I don't think so ; at least I hope that it's not the case.

Therefore, yes, why saying this ? There's no reason, and yet you did it...
Was it in hope to get some like, or because you like to hear you talk ? Or perhaps was it out of boredom ?

Well, in fact the reason doesn't matter. And what I'll say next don't concern just you, it concern everybody, like it don't concern just this thread, but all the threads, and not just this forum, but all the forums :
Please, do us a favor, and do it also to yourself. When you've nothing to effectively weight your criticism, because it's just a pure and personal negative opinion, be respectful to the author, players and readers, and keep it for yourself.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
This said, you've totally the right to not agree. It's a free thread, on a free forum, itself on a free planet. But I have a question, a metaphysical one, for you but not only : Why to say it ?

To my knowledge, you aren't an expert in game making, nor in game marketing. You aren't either a leader, nor some kind of authority. No, you're just like everyone of us (well, perhaps some would exclude me of the list, but I don't). You're nothing more, and also nothing less, than a human being like any other, who's neither right, nor wrong.
Therefore, why expressing your thought about the remastering of the game ? You're in the middle of a crowd that clearly don't care about it, why being the dog in a bowling game ?

Do you feel better now that you've expressed it ? I'm sure that it isn't the case, it changed absolutely nothing in your life.
Do this will change anything for the game and its making process ? No. You aren't enough of an authority, and didn't gave effective arguments, for this to happen. You "fear that", and that's all you've to say. Your only arguments to weight your opinion are purely subjective ones ; the lack of popularity, and the comparison, based on nothing more that your own feeling, with another game.
So what ? Is it because you think that we are blind naive idiots who can't see the truth, and needed you in our life to show us the light ? I don't think so ; at least I hope that it's not the case.

Therefore, yes, why saying this ? There's no reason, and yet you did it...
Was it in hope to get some like, or because you like to hear you talk ? Or perhaps was it out of boredom ?

Well, in fact the reason doesn't matter. And what I'll say next don't concern just you, it concern everybody, like it don't concern just this thread, but all the threads, and not just this forum, but all the forums :
Please, do us a favor, and do it also to yourself. When you've nothing to effectively weight your criticism, because it's just a pure and personal negative opinion, be respectful to the author, players and readers, and keep it for yourself.
Counter question: Why being all pseudo intellectual and wannabe phylosophical if it doesn't change anything in your life? On an internet forum no less while you surely know I don't give a fuck about your patronizing tone? I expressed my opinion and some concern that it could potentially mean more harm than good if you go about remastering things that don't need it instead of going forward and getting more patrons on board which is probably the aim. This and possibly making a good game, but that doesn't necessarily go hand in hand, you can be good at something and do it, but still don't like it.
Sometimes it is helpful to get an opinion besides your own or outside of your circle of friends/family/patrons/whatever. I assume you've heard the saying "You learn more from your failures than from success" and sometimes some critical thinking might help more than just another cheerleader. The dev, you, and everyone else here is very welcome to ignore it, but as you said I can say and that's why I did it. It's not my intention to shit on the game or the dev and as long as nobody quotes me on what I said I probably won't bring it up again, but I'm always up for discussion as you've probably seen unless you were too occupied to come up with this useless wall of text and unless you get rid of your patronizing tone I won't give you any more attention.

• Angry
Reactions: rick87 and NeimadFR

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Counter question: Why being all pseudo intellectual and wannabe phylosophical if it doesn't change anything in your life?
Because life of others, whatever if I know them or not, matter for me. And it happen that it change something in the life of some of them.

On an internet forum no less while you surely know I don't give a fuck about your patronizing tone?
For someone who don't give a fuck, you seem to have a lot of things to say.

Aug 17, 2019
Unofficial Android Port for Ch.3 Remastered Compressed :

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Keep getting Virus issues. Of course anyone would deny planting a virus and blame USER (Programming 101: Blame User, Ignore Fault) but odds state even if wrong most of the time it is like a condom, 2% is still a bunch of babies.
It immediately killed Ch 3 DL, now it got something in Ch 1. It may be wrong, but with thousands of games not having this issue, I lean to wary.

View attachment 504721
Well, to be fair, McAfee is even worse than Norton. Go get Avast, it's free. The game itself is fine.

alexrieper

Nov 21, 2017
Well I just played the remaster of chapter one, finally some free time. I'm very impressed by the quality upgrade. Personally I feel like it was worth the wait. I liked the game before, I bloody love it now. Kind of sad that Notty got driven out of the site, I quite enjoyed the banter on the thread, made for a good laugh in between work sessions.

Anyway I had a question redknight00 if you would please,
noname777 is permanently banned from the forum, please don't bother engaging, just report so we can nuke any alts.
Is that member's user review on the game still valid since he has been banned? I feel like since he is no longer a user his review is kind of useless.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Well I just played the remaster of chapter one, finally some free time. I'm very impressed by the quality upgrade. Personally I feel like it was worth the wait. I liked the game before, I bloody love it now. Kind of sad that Notty got driven out of the site, I quite enjoyed the banter on the thread, made for a good laugh in between work sessions.

Anyway I had a question redknight00 if you would please,

Is that member's user review on the game still valid since he has been banned? I feel like since he is no longer a user his review is kind of useless.
We've already been informed that the review have been edited to not break any rules and will remain, we'll just have to wait for it to lose visibility by having new reviews

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Let's go crazy for a second :p

1. Go to the game's directory, and in the directory named "game", create a directory named "images" ;
  2. In this new directory, create another one named "ui" ;
  3. Download the attached image ;
  4. Put it in the said "game/images/ui" directory ;
  5. Ensure that it's named "BASE talk.png", without the leading number ;
  6. Search for an image you like and want to be your avatar in the game ;
  7. Put this image in the said "game/images/ui" directory ;
  8. If you play a female MC, name the image "talkfmc.png", else name it "talkmc.png". It doesn't matter if it's a JPEG image, name it "png" anyway ;
  9. Edit the file script.rpy and go to the line 538
    You'll see a line looking like this :
    Code:
    image side MC = ConditionSwitch("gender == 'female' ", Image ("ui/talkfmc.png" ),"gender == 'male' ", Image ("ui/talkmc.png") )
    Replace it by this :
    Code:
    # image side MC = ConditionSwitch("gender == 'female' ", Image ("ui/talkfmc.png" ),"gender == 'male' ", Image ("ui/talkmc.png") )
    image side MC = Composite( (312, 305 ),
    ( 41, 34), ConditionSwitch("gender == 'female' ", im.Scale("ui/talkfmc.png", 212,195),
    "gender == 'male' ", im.Scale("ui/talkmc.png", 212,195) ),
    ( 0, 0 ), "ui/BASE talk.png" )
    Note: the "#" before the original line will transform it into a comment. This way you don't need to have a backup of the file, the original line is still available in case of problem.
  10. Launch the game and, if I haven't messed my explanations (cross his fingers), enjoy your new avatar during the dialogs.

If you pry hard enough, perhaps that it will be a feature in the next update ; please, pry with me...
If you can also pry for Chris accepting to marry me, I would be glad :D

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes