VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

taylorg88

May 22, 2021
Well, then we are waiting for an update next month, because the goal of $1600 will be reached
View attachment 2388597
I'm sorry that I'm counting someone else's money, this is to reinforce my message
If only he wanted $1,600 per update. It's been mentioned many times before that he wants $1,600 to do ONE month of work. He won't make the game unless he's making a steady income of $1,600 a month. Which he will never make because he refuses to release updates or even let anyone know what he's doing to the game. He hasn't had a post on his Patreon since last May when he released v.02.

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 15-29-19 Silk&Milk Productions creating Adult Games Patreon.png

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
If only he wanted $1,600 per update. It's been mentioned many times before that he wants $1,600 to do ONE month of work. He won't make the game unless he's making a steady income of $1,600 a month. Which he will never make because he refuses to release updates or even let anyone know what he's doing to the game. He hasn't had a post on his Patreon since last May when he released v.02.

View attachment 2388890
Whenever I read something like this, I shake my head. He is just such an unbelievable idiot. Even if he only worked in his spare time, setting up a few renders and let those render while he is doing his real job, he could update more regularly than he does now. At least a few small updates a year.
And patreons wouldn't think they are just wasting their money, and he could slowly accumulate support.
At least he should work on the game as long as the money he gets holds, and it used to be a lot more than 100 Dollars.
But no, he not only demands outrageous amounts to even work on the game, he doesn't do shit at all, as long as he doesn't get the money PER MONTH!

Yaaai

Jan 2, 2022

View attachment 2388890
God.. he's just a misunderstood genius

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I'm surprised with how many people comment "shame" about this getting abandoned like it was the pinnacle of harem/incest VN. In a genre that's usually braindead, it's not that hard to have at least passable writing.

But that's all it had beyond renders (which is a matter of machine + assets, not skill). Nothing special. Same old story of a dude with a magical dick, that makes all females in his immediate family wanting to forget millennia of social conditioning and bounce on it. When I first saw the title I was hoping it would be something like planned royal incest, which would at least make the concept somewhat believable, but it turned out to be the same ol' shit.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I'm surprised with how many people comment "shame" about this getting abandoned like it was the pinnacle of harem/incest VN. In a genre that's usually braindead, it's not that hard to have at least passable writing.

But that's all it had beyond renders (which is a matter of machine + assets, not skill). Nothing special. Same old story of a dude with a magical dick, that makes all females in his immediate family wanting to forget millennia of social conditioning and bounce on it. When I first saw the title I was hoping it would be something like planned royal incest, which would at least make the concept somewhat believable, but it turned out to be the same ol' shit.
If anything, you are being too charitable. I lost all enthusiasm for the project when I saw that they moved to the united states after a military coup, seemingly into that same house from all the other VNs, and he got a job at that same clothing store all the other VN protagonists use to spy on and fuck their family members. The first chapter showed some promise. The second chapter broke that promise pretty thoroughly.

Reactions: lunar517

Mr.foxx

May 25, 2017

View attachment 2388890
I agree that he is investing 100s of hours to his fantastic work so far. But demanding money to produce an update, will put a hold on those ppl who's already supporting him. ~ This is sad.

Nov 8, 2022
I agree that he is investing 100s of hours to his fantastic work so far. But demanding money to produce an update, will put a hold on those ppl who's already supporting him. ~ This is sad.
wtf are you talking about? this is a gulag production line. most renpy wincest 3d games, advertised in this forum are from the same.. let's say "company". there is no need to finish anything. you have 50 patreon accounts with ongoing projects, managed by 5 people.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Really nice game and beautiful renders, why did he stop updating the game?
He starts working on the game again when he receives enough money..... Just browse this thread, there's plenty info on his vision for working on this game.... So far it's the 0.1 and the 0.2 released in a bit under 2 years....
He expects 1600 USD to start working on the 0.3 and 2000 USD for each update after that... ;)

Edit : Tip ; start reading on the first page, it gives a pretty accurate prediction for this game already..

Reactions: George213

George213

Feb 7, 2018
He starts working on the game again when he receives enough money..... Just browse this thread, there's plenty info on his vision for working on this game.... So far it's the 0.1 and the 0.2 released in a bit under 2 years....
He expects 1600 USD to start working on the 0.3 and 2000 USD for each update after that... ;)

Edit : Tip ; start reading on the first page, it gives a pretty accurate prediction for this game already..
I understand, but this game has a good potential to achieve that earnings, it was supposed to invest more effort into the game and would score its goal from 1600USD.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I understand, but this game has a good potential to achieve that earnings, it was supposed to invest more effort into the game and would score its goal from 1600USD.
Think he has work anyway, so from that point of view it's understandable. The fault at the idea behind it is wrong though, he's not a contract worker for this game, Patreon is to raise support for artists, but it's not a job contract. More important unfinished games are harder to sell on steam and other platforms, when there's hardly any exposure or progress.

Perhaps this game has potential, but it's mostly based on the quality of the renders, the story itself has not evolved enough to make a fair judgment, but what's there is hardly something original, it's the usual incest plot in a very nice wrap...
Some interactive options were fairly original when the 0.1 was released, but there's several games now with similar options.

So based on slow production rate, one already previously abandoned game, and the devs idea to turn Patreon into some job contract do not work in his favor. It's really not about the 1600 USD, the question for the dev is "Do i want to makes games?"
Even with what he made so far, unfinished or not, he should be able to work for others on contract basis. But if he wants to work for himself, he has to take some risks, you're either in it 100% or you're not. It's not like every other dev out there has DrPinkcake Patreon support, and even DPC started with zero subscribers. The difference is making updates...

gentlemanclub

Jul 25, 2020
Think he has work anyway, so from that point of view it's understandable. The fault at the idea behind it is wrong though, he's not a contract worker for this game, Patreon is to raise support for artists, but it's not a job contract. More important unfinished games are harder to sell on steam and other platforms, when there's hardly any exposure or progress.

Perhaps this game has potential, but it's mostly based on the quality of the renders, the story itself has not evolved enough to make a fair judgment, but what's there is hardly something original, it's the usual incest plot in a very nice wrap...
Some interactive options were fairly original when the 0.1 was released, but there's several games now with similar options.

So based on slow production rate, one already previously abandoned game, and the devs idea to turn Patreon into some job contract do not work in his favor. It's really not about the 1600 USD, the question for the dev is "Do i want to makes games?"
Even with what he made so far, unfinished or not, he should be able to work for others on contract basis. But if he wants to work for himself, he has to take some risks, you're either in it 100% or you're not. It's not like every other dev out there has DrPinkcake Patreon support, and even DPC started with zero subscribers. The difference is making updates...
Late response but just wanted to say very well said. I am kinda glad f95 exists so people don't have to pledge to certain game to only find out it's no longer continued. I am sure some peeps have dumped enough money to buy several completed AAA games.

Summer Love

Jul 5, 2017
Can't say I'm not surprised to see this dev abandon the game. He acted very... 'grubby' from the beginning, not that it's wrong to want to make a living doing this, but sometimes you have to remember that most of the highest-grossing games on this site started off making nothing. I remember when Summertime Saga was making like $400 per month. Granted the competition back then was way less fierce, but still. You have to persevere and prove to people that you are going to put the effort in to make something good before you should start expecting money to fall out of the sky.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes