4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Oh god...please I can't live that kind of stuff again L8ERALgames ... Joi :cry: it hurts...
I hope she lives. I've always had something about A.I. dying, being beaten up or etc, that fucks me up so bad.
Always had a hard time putting my finger on why too...

Reactions: L8ERALgames

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Woo hoo! :love: Congratulations on your first release L8ERALgames !

I've been following your dev thread for what seems like more than a year, and it's great to see you made it to the end of the first dev cycle.

Time to download and get my game on!

EDIT:
Shit, only 10 minutes in and I've counted 8 cunningly planted pop references already.

Max Headroom, The Matrix, Battlestar Galactica, Putin/Trump, Blade Runner, Hajime Sorayama, TRS-80, Soylent Green.

Fucking genius. You've got a new supporter, dude.

Last edited:

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
Hey L8ERALgames, I have a weird question:
Where did you draw inspiration for the guy in the screenshots? Is he some obscure daz model? I'm asking because he looks, quite literally, like a 3d scan of my uncle. The facial features are the same, hair thinning is mostly the same, even his fucking build is the same as far as I can tell.
Looking at the screenshots gave me the creeps before I started laughing. Will probably send him the screenshots later.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Hey L8ERALgames, I have a weird question:
Where did you draw inspiration for the guy in the screenshots? Is he some obscure daz model? I'm asking because he looks, quite literally, like a 3d scan of my uncle. The facial features are the same, hair thinning is mostly the same, even his fucking build is the same as far as I can tell.
Looking at the screenshots gave me the creeps before I started laughing. Will probably send him the screenshots later.
bwahaha! sorry for accidentally referencing your uncle.

i didn't use any references really. my characters these days are frankenstein mixes of daz models. i use a lot of dials. i originally started with jeb ( ), and then dialled a lot of other characters in (edward and finn, i think were some), and changed textures etc. In all honesty, he didn't really come into his own until i added the moustache which was only a temporary thing because the moustache was part of the short buzz hair asset (which i figured suited his former employment).

his build was deliberate, too, because i wanted the look of someone who had once been tight and muscular but had sort of softened a little without losing too much of the toughness.

if i was thinking of anything as a reference it was the moustache of burt reynolds...

which is why i then also added the car...

Reactions: Squarblesport

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Woo hoo! :love: Congratulations on your first release L8ERALgames !

I've been following your dev thread for what seems like more than a year, and it's great to see you made it to the end of the first dev cycle.

Time to download and get my game on!

EDIT:
Shit, only 10 minutes in and I've counted 8 cunningly planted pop references already.

Max Headroom, The Matrix, Battlestar Galactica, Putin/Trump, Blade Runner, Hajime Sorayama, TRS-80, Soylent Green.

Fucking genius. You've got a new supporter, dude.
glad to have you onboard :)

i started this game around feb, i think. or end of jan. whenever patreon scuppered my last updates/one i was working on. :(

took a while to come out as we bought and moved into a new house which took almost a month of pissing about with the old one/new one/painting walls etc. then my day job got all funky and i was working until midnight a few nights every week...

so, it was a challenge!

i always try to squeeze references into all my games, or hidden stories into a series of images (no stories in this one, yet - but there will be), such as penny's parentage in j-files...

Reactions: osanaiko

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
i'm a big fan of references.

one day, i want to do a punk-themed game to reference the fuck out of obscure punk...
When you say obscure punk do you mean like Clash, Sex Pistols, X-Ray Specs, Patti Smith, or like T.S.O.L, Germs, G.B.H., Amebix, Middle Class, or say Big Boys? That would certainly be interesting either way. A game within a game.

I need to finish Time Loop Hunter so I can try this game out... plus I still need to go back and try your older game. Only so much time in the day.

I haven't watched Red Dwarf in decades... I will probably miss some of the references... but will certainly look for them

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes