SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
i agree that whole mr davis scene pure horse shit and very poorly written, its suppose to be HER DESIRE not some shithead blackmailer's desire, if that the case she's just gonna take any and every cock for any reason, what's next, she gonna flat out being turned on and love being gangRAPED as well
Please don't put words into my mouth, I never said it was poorly written, I simply just don't have interest in the MC hooking up with him for a favor, a favor that would potentially besmirch her daughter at that. It also kind of discredits her daughter's own merit, and would come off as not believing that her daughter can make it on her own. Also again, it wasn't blackmail, did you even read what I said, or just stopped reading after my first sentence?

Blackmail is when someone promises to not release sensitive or compromising information and/or damage someone's reputation, in exchange for something.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Just played the update. I was just about to comment on how great it was that the game filters out the content that the player shows no interest in, then find out that Parker is an idiot and can't go shopping by himself.

He is perhaps the main reason I'm not a patron of this game, as awesome as the content I do play is.

Hookups_017

Jan 15, 2021
Dear Wack Daddy

First of all, thanks for the update. Of course also for the great work you are doing. I have a question for you. I know it's difficult to answer because the project is still ongoing. I have supported many DEV's via Patreon and have unfortunately been disappointed several times. From Milfy City to AWAM and some other very good games. That's why I would like to know what the plan looks like? Don't get me wrong, your work is sensational. However, I have the feeling that the updates are getting shorter and increasingly irrelevant. Characters are being introduced that are very unnecessary from my point of view. The most important thing in the last update was the little scene with the daughter. Hence my question, before I invest money again and am disappointed again. I also understand that you can't give a definitive answer to my question "what's next for the project". But I would be happy to receive honest feedback. Excuse my English, it's not my native language.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
It didn't work in my playthrough regardless, I told him to kick rocks. She won't be a prostitute or stoop to being someone's plaything in exchange for a college recommendation on my watch. :)

Not really sure what this had to do with what I said though, If I'm being honest. :unsure:

Are you saying if he was some ugly bastard that it would have me it come off as more threatening? I'm confused. :ROFLMAO:

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Wack Daddy As a supporter, albeit a low level one, I beg you not to go down the road of investing way too much into content around a sleazeball like that principal. Seen too many FMC games become an absolute shell, if you choose to tell the shithead to get wrecked. The most infamous, at this point, might be AWAM, where if you choose to tell Aiden to fuck off, well you are left with like maybe 1/3 of the content. Please let whatever this was, in this chapter, be a one off and not a running main theme. Dare to be different than the rest and don't degrade your main character just because they are female.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Just played the update. I was just about to comment on how great it was that the game filters out the content that the player shows no interest in, then find out that Parker is an idiot and can't go shopping by himself.

He is perhaps the main reason I'm not a patron of this game, as awesome as the content I do play is.
Heh, I kind of read that as him angling for some changing room fun with mom.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Please don't put words into my mouth, I never said it was poorly written, I simply just don't have interest in the MC hooking up with him for a favor, a favor that would potentially besmirch her daughter at that. It also kind of discredits her daughter's own merit, and would come off as not believing that her daughter can make it on her own. Also again, it wasn't blackmail, did you even read what I said, or just stopped reading after my first sentence?

Blackmail is when someone promises to not release sensitive or compromising information and/or damage someone's reputation, in exchange for something.
I agree with a lot of that but the principal is flirting really close to the definition you just gave for blackmail. He is threatening to not help or maybe even harm her daughter's chances, if she does not comply. In a sense, he is threatening to damage her daughter's academic reputation. I doubt he is that dumb(to do anything more than just not give his recommendation), as that would definitely lead to our heroine going public with his harassment. As it stands now, he has lost nothing and will just go on to try and pull the same bullshit with other student's mothers until someone finally calls him out.

• Red Heart
Reactions: mulerider

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
It didn't work in my playthrough regardless, I told him to kick rocks. She won't be a prostitute or stoop to being someone's plaything in exchange for a college recommendation on my watch. :)

Not really sure what this had to do with what I said though, If I'm being honest. :unsure:

Are you saying if he was some ugly bastard that it would have me it come off as more threatening? I'm confused. :ROFLMAO:
I'm glad I turned him down earlier on, because in my playthrough, they just discussed her academics and that was it. Nothing else happened.

Dec 2, 2020
There is less and less of "her" in "Her Desire". And I don't just mean number of renders. If rejection of Mr. Davis' "offer" has any negative impact in the future, both on storyline and number of scenes I get to see, I'll stay only with replay mode every few updates to watch interesting scenes. I'm downright allergic to any "blackmail/threatening/forced" actions, especially when it comes to FMC. Where, in the premise, it is up to her to shape her own future.

Reactions: bamachine

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018

My goodness, your attitude towards this type of game really gets on my nerves. If you know better how to develop a game, then just do it and stop trying to stop developers from adding content that doesn't fit your kink. This is pointless with your comments on AWAM, but even more so for this game where there is a wide range of kink included, almost all the updates. Why not just play through the content that works for you and avoid or skip (just enable the "skip unseen text" option in the game preferences) parts you do not like?

In general, What amazes me about egocentric people is whether they simply don't realize that others might find the content they do not like (e.g. the Parker content) positive, or whether they simply don't care.

Last edited:

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
First things first, Mr Davis is Chloe’s teacher, not principal, not sure who started that fake shit :ROFLMAO:
2nd, if you ever want to see what scenes you missed in this game just open the games folder and images folder has all the scenes of this chapter 2, you would have to redownload chapter 1 to see all those images

Reactions: Chaosguy

Wack Daddy

Master of Desires
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
I'll answer a few questions I saw:

Amount of characters and "focus" on certain storyline subject: All the characters have pretty much introduced. Minus Mr. Davis who was mentioned a long while ago and Mrs. Wilson I have not, and won't be introducing more characters anytime soon. The main focus of content is around the MC's immediate "group", but I find that games that only focus on that are unrealistic because it's like the "Caretaker" only lives for those immediate group members. She needs to interact with others to have more depth. That being said I do agree my dialogue can increase to add even more depth and you have my word I will work harder on that.

As for the blackmail/bribery storyline with Mr. Davis: It's in a grey area of bribery and blackmail. There's not a real threaten or "force". He's not some goblin making her do something or she'll regret it!. He's a good looking man and doing what he's doing is kind of kinky and allows her to get involved with him in a purely sexual way. People mentioned other games and the way they handled this type of thing, specifically that not going along with the blackmail/bribery removed a ton of content - Will some content be missed by not going along with it? Yes, but not a huge amount because like mentioned above, he's not in that immediate "group" of focus. You'll be missing out on some kinky secret sex, with no emotions, that MIGHT include others in the future (I honestly don't know yet).

Parker: It's a tough one with him...and I struggled exactly what I want to do with him and how he should "act". He's obviously "young" and "inexperienced"...his friend is passing him in growth in the sex department while at the same time he's awakening to his own desires, which ultimately have now been directed to his "caretaker". He's maybe a little too naïve and dumb, but again, he needs to be thought of as a young guy who's focus has been elsewhere till the start of the story.
To the other point made about him not being able to go to shop by himself: 3 things: I want him to be thought of as sorta young and innocent, he doesn't have a job and finally, it's him (and me) finding reasons to hang with his "caretaker".

Lastly, as for a few things coming soon, which have all been pretty laid out in the story:
Parker/Felix at night, and Parker shopping
Mr. Shaw's for drinks and fun
Sara story continued
Girls trip to the cabin

Last edited:

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
You can see my two favorite games in my signature. One of them is Her Desire. The other has been released almost as consistently as Her Desire (between a month and a month and a half per update) but has gone from 300 renders per update to over 4,000 while almost tripling the dialogue.
Think we can agree I've never been dialogue heavy - but I have had a bit less lately that's for sure. I mean to increase that a bit.

Maybe I am wrong here, but I have a feeling you are not comparing apples to apples when it comes to the games. Unlikely a single person is doing that many renders in 45 days, while also doing all the dialogue and then putting it all together in renpy. Maybeeeee someone doing it as a full time job, but I doubt it. Again, maybe I am wrong.
He's talking shit...even if I didn't also follow My Dorm...ain't no one churning out four thousand renders in 6 weeks. No one.
Actually, the dev of MD is a friend of mine. He is the only one doing the renders and writing/coding. He does have people, including me that do testing and proofreading for him but otherwise it is just him. He did buy a second pc that he uses just for doing renders. (y)
I'm only talking about what the changelog says. MD's last public update says 26,453 words and 4,199 renders in 6 weeks.
The dev there has said a lot of times that he has a full time job besides developing.

Good work with the proofreading, then. I know English isn't the dev's first language, but the first updates had distracting grammar.
I agree with you WD, you can't compare one dev to another directly without knowing more about them. I don't know what hardware you have, I don't know what your work schedule is like, I don't know anything about your personal life, etc.

Trop, the dev for MD does have a F/T job. He does have a family. And like I mentioned earlier, he does have a dedicated pc just for rendering.

I'm still loving Her Desire. FYI (y)
Sorry, Wack Daddy for intruding in your thread, but sagerock820 told me I've been named here. I'm the developer of My Dorm.

First thing first: I should clarify I haven't played Her Desire, but I've heard great things about it, so I will only answer by allusion.

gwalc : you can't compare two games or two devs. We can't know as players (I have been a player too) what hardware, how much expertise, or how much time a dev has at his disposal. Or what are his objectives when it comes to explaining a story. Any two games are two different worlds, and any two devs are different persons. I've been able to multiply the size of my updates (words and renders) because of my circumstances. Those circumstances are unique to me, and you can't compare them to other devs' circumstances.

Wack Daddy : I'm a one-man team with outside help for advanced testing and proofreading (thanks to people like sagerock820 ). I do the rest: Write, translate, code, pose, render, compile, distribute, etc.
Another help I've received has been when, I went from Part 1 to Part 2 (Seasons in your case), a friendly modder (RiamMar ) did a great job with the new UI, the import from Part 1, and a lot more things.
As sagerock820 says, developing is not a full-time job for me. I already have a full-time job. But I invest a lot of hours in My Dorm. So yes, a single person can do 4,000+ renders in 6 weeks. I only got there once I bought a dedicated computer to render. Before that, my max output for an update was 2,804 renders in 41 days.

Maviarab : He's not talking shit. You play My Dorm and you can check it yourself. If you go to the images folder and check the c14 folder you will find there are 2,007 files there, 26 of them videos. If you add to that the images on the profile folder that were done exclusively for v.0.14 (you can order the files by date), it adds up to 2,055 files. That's consistent with the changelog I attach. If you time the 26 videos, add up the seconds, and multiply them by 30, you'll get the 2,196 frames.
1707145260350.png
He was talking about 0.14, but 0.15 (not yet public) is even bigger (and it took more time). So yes, someone can do 4,000+ renders in 6 weeks (or a daily average of 100) consistently, at least for two back-to-back updates.

sagerock820 Hey Bro! Thanks for the heads up.

Once this is said, I'll leave the thread, wishing good luck to Wack Daddy . As I said, I heard great things about your game.

4.20 star(s) 57 Votes