oldshoe

Mar 7, 2020
Odd problem, everything was working fine, new season loaded ok. I wanted to start again from Day 1 but when I choose Start it demands that I load the end of season save. Do I just delete and reinstall?

gwalc

Sep 29, 2020
Name the games please.
You can see my two favorite games in my signature. One of them is Her Desire. The other has been released almost as consistently as Her Desire (between a month and a month and a half per update) but has gone from 300 renders per update to over 4,000 while almost tripling the dialogue.

xizaaR

Mar 29, 2022
Odd problem, everything was working fine, new season loaded ok. I wanted to start again from Day 1 but when I choose Start it demands that I load the end of season save. Do I just delete and reinstall?
Probably should download season 1 if you want to start from day 1.

Wack Daddy

Master of Desires
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
You can see my two favorite games in my signature. One of them is Her Desire. The other has been released almost as consistently as Her Desire (between a month and a month and a half per update) but has gone from 300 renders per update to over 4,000 while almost tripling the dialogue.
Think we can agree I've never been dialogue heavy - but I have had a bit less lately that's for sure. I mean to increase that a bit.

Maybe I am wrong here, but I have a feeling you are not comparing apples to apples when it comes to the games. Unlikely a single person is doing that many renders in 45 days, while also doing all the dialogue and then putting it all together in renpy. Maybeeeee someone doing it as a full time job, but I doubt it. Again, maybe I am wrong.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Think we can agree I've never been dialogue heavy - but I have had a bit less lately that's for sure. I mean to increase that a bit.

Maybe I am wrong here, but I have a feeling you are not comparing apples to apples when it comes to the games. Unlikely a single person is doing that many renders in 45 days, while also doing all the dialogue and then putting it all together in renpy. Maybeeeee someone doing it as a full time job, but I doubt it. Again, maybe I am wrong.
He's talking shit...even if I didn't also follow My Dorm...ain't no one churning out four thousand renders in 6 weeks. No one.

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023

Actually, the dev of MD is a friend of mine. He is the only one doing the renders and writing/coding. He does have people, including me that do testing and proofreading for him but otherwise it is just him. He did buy a second pc that he uses just for doing renders. (y)

gwalc

Sep 29, 2020

He's talking shit...even if I didn't also follow My Dorm...ain't no one churning out four thousand renders in 6 weeks. No one.
I'm only talking about what the changelog says. MD's last public update says 26,453 words and 4,199 renders in 6 weeks.
The dev there has said a lot of times that he has a full time job besides developing.

Actually, the dev of MD is a friend of mine. He is the only one doing the renders and writing/coding. He does have people, including me that do testing and proofreading for him but otherwise it is just him. He did buy a second pc that he uses just for doing renders. (y)
Good work with the proofreading, then. I know English isn't the dev's first language, but the first updates had distracting grammar.

Reactions: TropecitaGames

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
I agree with you WD, you can't compare one dev to another directly without knowing more about them. I don't know what hardware you have, I don't know what your work schedule is like, I don't know anything about your personal life, etc.

Trop, the dev for MD does have a F/T job. He does have a family. And like I mentioned earlier, he does have a dedicated pc just for rendering.

I'm still loving Her Desire. FYI (y)

Wack Daddy

Master of Desires
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
I agree with you WD, you can't compare one dev to another directly without knowing more about them. I don't know what hardware you have, I don't know what your work schedule is like, I don't know anything about your personal life, etc.

Trop, the dev for MD does have a F/T job. He does have a family. And like I mentioned earlier, he does have a dedicated pc just for rendering.

I'm still loving Her Desire. FYI (y)
Thanks for the feedback my dude.
A second PC would be nice :)

Same goes with you gwalc , thanks for the feedback - like I said, I'd like to do a bit more dialogue/renders per chapter. Time is an enemy of us all.

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Dear Sir Wack Daddy :
Sorry sir , I do not know what is that all about , but you are totaly right " but I have a feeling you are not comparing apples to apples when it comes to the games " , OK just tell me to write a long list of other games considered great imo but take more than one year to make small update , one of them I and other ppl stay 1 year to read only apologies about the next update ,
render , dialogues is acceptable ,
in other game they still say he and him for girls sometimes.
OFC you want to make the game much better and all of us too but without comparing it with other games and in the case of comparing there are many games competing MD and better.
in a great game the modders write in the OP " no discussion about delay of update please" in yellow lines
unless I misunderstand the whole situation here I'm still loving this game :giggle::love:(y)

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
The update wasn't bad, but it did feel very short, especially since I wasn't interested in Mr. Davis' bullshit. By the way, while on the subject, what he did wouldn't be 'blackmail', it would be more of a bribe, or even possibly soliciting prostitution. At worst it could be considered coercion, but he didn't really threaten her, more-so gave her a choice to agree to his offer in exchange for his help.

Coercion typically involves threatening someone or using force, I guess if you want to reach you could say he indirectly threatened her, but that's really reaching. He never threatened to let's say, for example, convince his brother-in-law to straight up hinder her chances at entry into the school, now that would be coercion.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
The update wasn't bad, but it did feel very short, especially since I wasn't interested in Mr. Davis' bullshit. By the way, while on the subject, what he did wouldn't be 'blackmail', it would be more of a bribe, or even possibly soliciting prostitution. At worst it could be considered coercion, but he didn't really threaten her, more-so gave her a choice to agree to his offer in exchange for his help.

Coercion typically involves threatening someone or using force, I guess if you want to reach you could say he indirectly threatened her, but that's really reaching. He never threatened to let's say, for example, convince his brother-in-law to straight up hinder her chances at entry into the school, now that would be coercion.
I think it helped that Amber was attracted to Mr Davis, and was turned on by being ordered by him what to do, this would not have worked if he was some fat bastard

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I think it helped that Amber was attracted to Mr Davis, and was turned on by being ordered by him what to do, this would not have worked if he was some fat bastard
It didn't work in my playthrough regardless, I told him to kick rocks. She won't be a prostitute or stoop to being someone's plaything in exchange for a college recommendation on my watch. :)

Not really sure what this had to do with what I said though, If I'm being honest. :unsure:

Are you saying if he was some ugly bastard that it would have me it come off as more threatening? I'm confused. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: GokutheG

mulerider

Donor
Apr 9, 2020

i agree that whole mr davis scene pure horse shit and very poorly written, its suppose to be HER DESIRE not some shithead blackmailer's desire, if that the case she's just gonna take any and every cock for any reason, what's next, she gonna flat out being turned on and love being gangRAPED as well

ggspeed

Sep 9, 2018
i agree that whole mr davis scene pure horse shit and very poorly written, its suppose to be HER DESIRE not some shithead blackmailer's desire, if that the case she's just gonna take any and every cock for any reason, what's next, she gonna flat out being turned on and love being gangRAPED as well
you're too invested in the game title and "her perspective". It's her choice to go along with it. That's it. Chill

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal
4.20 star(s) 57 Votes