Wack Daddy

Master of Desires
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
Sorry, Wack Daddy for intruding in your thread, but sagerock820 told me I've been named here. I'm the developer of My Dorm.

First thing first: I should clarify I haven't played Her Desire, but I've heard great things about it, so I will only answer by allusion.

gwalc : you can't compare two games or two devs. We can't know as players (I have been a player too) what hardware, how much expertise, or how much time a dev has at his disposal. Or what are his objectives when it comes to explaining a story. Any two games are two different worlds, and any two devs are different persons. I've been able to multiply the size of my updates (words and renders) because of my circumstances. Those circumstances are unique to me, and you can't compare them to other devs' circumstances.

Wack Daddy : I'm a one-man team with outside help for advanced testing and proofreading (thanks to people like sagerock820 ). I do the rest: Write, translate, code, pose, render, compile, distribute, etc.
Another help I've received has been when, I went from Part 1 to Part 2 (Seasons in your case), a friendly modder (RiamMar ) did a great job with the new UI, the import from Part 1, and a lot more things.
As sagerock820 says, developing is not a full-time job for me. I already have a full-time job. But I invest a lot of hours in My Dorm. So yes, a single person can do 4,000+ renders in 6 weeks. I only got there once I bought a dedicated computer to render. Before that, my max output for an update was 2,804 renders in 41 days.

Maviarab : He's not talking shit. You play My Dorm and you can check it yourself. If you go to the images folder and check the c14 folder you will find there are 2,007 files there, 26 of them videos. If you add to that the images on the profile folder that were done exclusively for v.0.14 (you can order the files by date), it adds up to 2,055 files. That's consistent with the changelog I attach. If you time the 26 videos, add up the seconds, and multiply them by 30, you'll get the 2,196 frames.
View attachment 3328208
He was talking about 0.14, but 0.15 (not yet public) is even bigger (and it took more time). So yes, someone can do 4,000+ renders in 6 weeks (or a daily average of 100) consistently, at least for two back-to-back updates.

sagerock820 Hey Bro! Thanks for the heads up.

Once this is said, I'll leave the thread, wishing good luck to Wack Daddy . As I said, I heard great things about your game.
Appreciate that TropecitaGames and thanks for chiming in.
Maybe a new PC for renders is a new goal for me :)

Wack Daddy

Master of Desires
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
But you also work on 2 games at the same time right?
Eh....sorta, I put my main focus in HD at the moment. That being said I have the outline for the next couple chapters of College Times, it's just a matter of doing the renders.

I really really enjoy working on HD. Writing the script and doing the renders is not a chore at all.
This next chapter will be larger and have more dialogue - I am working on it as we speak.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Please don't go overboard with dialogues just because people are asking for more... having good dialogues is generally a good thing, although I personally find the current dialogues and their amount are already on the sweet spot.
Just don't start adding filler dialogues for the sake of it, there's nothing that puts me off more than boring and pointless dialogues in an adult game.

Reactions: bamachine and gwalc

Wack Daddy

Master of Desires
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
Please don't go overboard with dialogues just because people are asking for more... having good dialogues is generally a good thing, although I personally find the current dialogues and their amount are already on the sweet spot.
Just don't start adding filler dialogues for the sake of it, there's nothing that puts me off more than boring and pointless dialogues in an adult game.
I totally agree. There's times where it gets to be too much in some games and you end up skipping a bunch because its seems like filler.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
As for the blackmail/bribery storyline with Mr. Davis: It's in a grey area of bribery and blackmail. There's not a real threaten or "force". He's not some goblin making her do something or she'll regret it!. He's a good looking man and doing what he's doing is kind of kinky and allows her to get involved with him in a purely sexual way. People mentioned other games and the way they handled this type of thing, specifically that not going along with the blackmail/bribery removed a ton of content - Will some content be missed by not going along with it? Yes, but not a huge amount because like mentioned above, he's not in that immediate "group" of focus. You'll be missing out on some kinky secret sex, with no emotions, that MIGHT include others in the future (I honestly don't know yet).
"It's not blackmail if he's good looking, it's just kinky" :unsure: ...Wot?

Power Broker

Jan 9, 2018
Parker: [...]and I struggled exactly what I want to do with him and how he should "act".
It kind of shows. Even though I like mother / son dynamics and want them to be in every game, I would suggest to stay away from storylines that don't "feel right" for the writer.

"young" and "inexperienced"[...]a little too naïve and dumb[...]innocent
Just like the majority of "sons" in fmc games, which is sad, because it makes the son boring, uninteresting and not an active force of the story. I can understand why Parker is one of the characters many players are interested in (including me, because m/s is hot), but also why many players are disappointed.
it's him (and me) finding reasons to hang with his "caretaker".
The death of story telling is trying to bend the story and characters to a desired outcome.

The reason "my jeans is damaged, let's buy a new one" just felt off, my first thought was "My god, doesn't he have spare jeans?". Also, the mom talking about his underwear felt strange. You don't buy underwear with your mom at this age, you are not a child anymore.

These two characters should hang out 1/3 of the day (and sleep some metres apart from each other for another 1/3) by default, there should be plenty of opportunities to create scenes without having to force it or "find reasons": "Sure mom, I help you with the groceries, but while we are at the mall, there is this clothes store; let's go there, too, I need some new jeans".

Wack Daddy

Master of Desires
Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
It kind of shows. Even though I like mother / son dynamics and want them to be in every game, I would suggest to stay away from storylines that don't "feel right" for the writer.

Just like the majority of "sons" in fmc games, which is sad, because it makes the son boring, uninteresting and not an active force of the story. I can understand why Parker is one of the characters many players are interested in (including me, because m/s is hot), but also why many players are disappointed.
The death of story telling is trying to bend the story and characters to a desired outcome.

The reason "my jeans is damaged, let's buy a new one" just felt off, my first thought was "My god, doesn't he have spare jeans?". Also, the mom talking about his underwear felt strange. You don't buy underwear with your mom at this age, you are not a child anymore.

These two characters should hang out 1/3 of the day (and sleep some metres apart from each other for another 1/3) by default, there should be plenty of opportunities to create scenes without having to force it or "find reasons": "Sure mom, I help you with the groceries, but while we are at the mall, there is this clothes store; let's go there, too, I need some new jeans".
I appreciate your opinion on it.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
"It's not blackmail if he's good looking, it's just kinky" :unsure: ...Wot?
Well, she does have to actively flirt with him at the car wash for this to even come up. So she's already been flirtatious with him, and he's just offering her a little incentive to seal the deal. I don't remember him ever even hinting that he'd tank the daughter's application if Amber doesn't play along, just says that getting it on with him makes Chloe's admission basically a done deal.

In any event, it's definitely not blackmail. Maybe very mild extortion.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Yep, I would much rather have 20 great lines of dialogue, instead of 2000 lines of garbage. Quality over quantity, every day.

Dec 2, 2020
Cute meme, but it has nothing to do with his looks. Read the posts you quoted, there is not one threat there, not even implied. She says he's blackmailing her in her internal monologue, but she's wrong.
Blackmail involves obtaining an advantage (of any kind) and forcing the blackmailed person to behave in a certain way. Blackmailer doesn't have to fulfill threats or speak loudly about them. The scene is blackmail regardless of the choice. Which pisses me off a lot personally because I'm sick of that in 98% of games with a female protagonist, devs can't come up with anything other than blackmail, threats or forcing protagonist to do something against her will. And pisses me off, considering such actions as something normal or wished for FMC games. Because it's enough to put in protagonist's mouth "It may be blackmail... but sexy as hell." Jesus F Christ... And next you "play" as a woman, who with a smile on her lips accepts the lack of free will and has as much freedom as a dog on leash.

EDIT: Also, please don't take it personally or think it was some kind of attack on you, Solomon. It's simply my anger at this type of situation in FMC games.

Last edited:
Reactions: hzjujk
4.20 star(s) 57 Votes