2.90 star(s) 26 Votes

Pause development of new content for a week to convert all animations to videos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
You know my favorite thing about this scene?
The fact that my MC never once did the deed with her. Or her 2 "close friends".
Kinda interesting how that works.
That's...hm, whelp, something I'll need to edit in at some point. There's a bad ending already in the game, which I'll paste in there if the MC hasn't done stuff since it's like 90% of the way through the existing and planned content.

Quick update: fixed this, added dialogue that makes the continuity work out even if the MC and Daisy haven't done anything in the game. Will be out in the next edition.

The loop issue...well, it's not a sandbox, so nothing should be repeating anywhere. More details & I can fix it if you want. Cheers.

Last edited:

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
The latest here has the same .22 fix as elsewhere using renpy predict to preload the next scene with the animation, before the scene label, as well as even more clear memory commands throughout the code, and then of course I set the cache (not sure if that actually does anything) to 512, which is a little less than the game uses most times while it plays.

Hopefully that helped, am super curious if you notice a difference this latest time (and thanks for all the feedback from the version yesterday).

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
are you gonna update to the bug fix ver?
Any 3rd party mods shouldn't need to be updated with the minor changes to the .22 edition just yesterday, since those are all related to performance, additional Ren'py code to make the game run smoother with a bigger array of hardware.

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
Any 3rd party mods shouldn't need to be updated with the minor changes to the .22 edition just yesterday, since those are all related to performance, additional Ren'py code to make the game run smoother with a bigger array of hardware.
oh, ok thx~ ^_^

Reactions: mrbigchungus

haile23

Jul 1, 2019
Hey what does this mean?
```
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/day6morning.rpy", line 1437: Line is indented, but the preceding say statement statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
$ renpy.start_predict_screen( 'day6morningjenbathroomclimax' )
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Sun Sep 11 18:55:13 2022
```
Using the WT Mod

Restor104

Nov 16, 2017
Hey what does this mean?
```

File "game/day6morning.rpy", line 1437: Line is indented, but the preceding say statement statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
^

```
Using the WT Mod
Did you use the currently available version of the WTM mod?

MrTM

May 6, 2019
Hey what does this mean?
```

^

```
Using the WT Mod
got the same thing, fresh install (Herheartsdesire-0.22-pc-sept10), no mod, no compress

rowgran69

Sep 2, 2021
Hey what does this mean?
```

^

```
Using the WT Mod
I tried to launch without the WTM and got the same error. Is the uncompressed one messed up? used the mega windows download.

Restor104

Nov 16, 2017
My mods do not cause a lower performance of the game as they are too simple

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
My mods do not cause a lower performance of the game as they are too simple
The changes I made to my game were all related to performance :)

Nothing in the changes I made referred to mods...sorry if you got that confused.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Reported via Discord - there's a bug in the latest, you can fix it by doing the following:
Open the text file day6morning.rpy in a text editor, you can remove the 2nd indent in that line (4 spaces).

meanwhile, I'm uploading a fixed version to the cloud.

Student10fan

Apr 23, 2020
I don't think I've ever had a renpy game break my PC the way this one did, worse part is it breaks after scenes not during them

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes