2.90 star(s) 26 Votes

Pause development of new content for a week to convert all animations to videos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
If you downloaded the current links, they're still the older borked edition I accidentally uploaded without testing. Sorry about that.

The message above yours has instructions on how to fix it, and if that's not it, can you give more details? Without those, I can't attempt to fix it.

LoneRanger11

Jul 3, 2020
Her Heart's Desire - A Landlord Epic 0.22 Fix 3
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
Dev I see the ratings but I'm going to give your game a fair shake becoz its up my alley. Will report back tomorrow night, potentially. If its good you might not hear me for a while.

Reactions: mrbigchungus

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Dev I see the ratings but I'm going to give your game a fair shake becoz its up my alley. Will report back tomorrow night, potentially. If its good you might not hear me for a while.
All good; ratings (if you read through the reviews here) can be summarized as:
  • "Where's the animation?"
  • "Why is the screen black, I thought there was animation?"
  • "It's running slow"
  • "I'm a writer, you know why I hate this game..."

I've read them, and if you read through the forum posts, it's a much more accurate depiction of the quality last summer at launch (not as good) with many re-rendered scenes, variables forgotten or not used, versus today - far better.

Though, maybe - just maybe - the Itch.io ratings from people who *paid money* for the .22 are the most accurate? Nine ratings, all 5 stars.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Pour one out for Ayy. My man forgot to hydrate, played the game for a few days straight, and finished up in the hospital. That's a first.

I'm going to make a guess based on the lack of reports, this time, that the performance stuff is a thing of the past, that the Renpy predict functionality solved the stutter, and the game flows like water. Sweet.

A word of caution, though, because it's now so good, you, too, might forget to drink water, hydrate, or defecate if you get addicted to the game & haven't tried before. Pace yourself. The refactory period is a real thing, when it happens, no shame in getting a snack, some water, maybe dropping a load, and then resuming the adventure.

• Haha
Reactions: ayy

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Her Heart's Desire 0.22 Fixed Walkthrough Mod:
Workupload

Note: Update on request
Note: Compatibility with Fix 3 is not guaranteed
I'm afraid you need to update your mod, there is a fair bit of script that is different between the original and your mod. Folks probably should not be using yours until you fix it up.

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
Pour one out for Ayy. My man forgot to hydrate, played the game for a few days straight, and finished up in the hospital. That's a first.

I'm going to make a guess based on the lack of reports, this time, that the performance stuff is a thing of the past, that the Renpy predict functionality solved the stutter, and the game flows like water. Sweet.

A word of caution, though, because it's now so good, you, too, might forget to drink water, hydrate, or defecate if you get addicted to the game & haven't tried before. Pace yourself. The refactory period is a real thing, when it happens, no shame in getting a snack, some water, maybe dropping a load, and then resuming the adventure.
Sorry mate, I forgot to follow up! Performance was definitely not an issue with the game. You have a lot of good stuff here, but there are things I think you can do to better improve your game. Generally a big fan of teasing, and I think you did a well enough job here with that, but one issue I had was the absolutely blind love MC had for a woman who JUST moved into his house 20 minutes ago and is suddenly drooling over his cock like a starving Russian. I thought it was novel at first, but I think the sheer simpery of MC got to me.

I also think the pacing of the plot makes the entire story feel pretty disjointed. It almost feels like you opted not to use a proper storyboard/rough draft when coming up with the plot, and just wrote it on the fly. No problem with the renders themselves, especially if this is your first project, but I think the caption accompanying your renders could benefit from a rewrite to improve the cohesion of the story. A start would be to make MC more suspicious of her behavior, and be less of a simp. Honestly, I'm not a red-pill type individual, but blatant simping and internal monologuing can really brick an otherwise decent game for me.

That and the very quick ramping on of Rose and Lily's relationship with MC was also a bit off-putting. Basically, my complaint is that everything moved too fast. And also theres only one real option to pick when it comes to choices. Choosing the non-perverted option doesn't seem to do anything except deprive us of content. MC's "tenants" are just straight up depraved sluts, and their personalities are rigid in that sense, and don't really respond to how the MC behaves.

There were some other things, but I forgot. I will try to complete this update at some point and report back. I was intrigued when Rose and Lily were introduced, but the sheer sex oozing from Lily was tiring, since I felt I was just experiencing much of the same from MC's first tenant.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Sorry mate, I forgot to follow up! Performance was definitely not an issue with the game. You have a lot of good stuff here, but there are things I think you can do to better improve your game.
Really appreciate the feedback, and it's pretty on the nose for a lot of stuff.

Literally rendering a 4th - yes, a fourth - stab at the story for my new game today, and of course, still working to wrap up HHD as that should be "done" about next month sometime.

All the stuff I've learned so far is going into the next one, and I'm spending more time on elements I spent less time on last time, not just in terms of story, but customizing the scenes, and locations. It should be tons more fun.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
Really appreciate the feedback, and it's pretty on the nose for a lot of stuff.

Literally rendering a 4th - yes, a fourth - stab at the story for my new game today, and of course, still working to wrap up HHD as that should be "done" about next month sometime.

All the stuff I've learned so far is going into the next one, and I'm spending more time on elements I spent less time on last time, not just in terms of story, but customizing the scenes, and locations. It should be tons more fun.
I think for games that burn fast and plan to get into the action sooner than most conventional slow burns you need to find a way to maximize interactivity. Allow me, as the MC, to determine how fast I want it to move, with fail states baked into it as well. A good example for fast burn would be Seath Black's or Nesfastus' games. Games which allow you to be as perverted as you want, without sacrificing immersion because of breakneck pacing of lewd content. Perhaps without the lolis, but thats a personal aversion :cry:.

To be quite honest, after many years of playing adult games, I've become mostly tired of story driven experiences bar a few. I appreciate games that take themselves less seriously, and are more about steamy scenarios than they are about becoming invested deeply into the characters.

Looking forward to your new game!

Reactions: mrbigchungus

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Just started the game and...dark french roast? Yuck! Italian roast is way better! Especially in a espresso grind. :)
Agree - dark French usually tastes burnt, but not as bad as Eightbucks original roast. It's no wonder they developed into a "coffee drink" place: their actual coffee was too awful to not drink without seriously covering it up. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Jehuty206

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Hey Dev mrbigchungus

Dude....can we maybe have a choice, that allows users to change the dude's name? Seriously dude, when I first played this update and saw the dude's name, …I was wondering if one of the girls was named dude. :unsure:... :ROFLMAO:... :)

Update... I started a new game and the name choice was at the start. Sorry dude.

Last edited:

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Her Heart's Desire - A Landlord Epic [v0.23] [Big Chungus Productions] [MQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 1.69GB
Repack size: 640MB

PC = / / / / /
MacOS (EngineFilesOnly) = WorkUpload
(Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :)

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 26 Votes