2.90 star(s) 26 Votes

Pause development of new content for a week to convert all animations to videos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
So the steam version was last updated on October 30th, the most recent patch. Is the bug from that edition or before?

I've got a patch I'm working on for a few things as it turns out, so I can dig into this one and see if it's still a thing.

What language were you playing in when the error happened?
Just launched the game on Steam, no issues.

i bought the steam version recently buth everytime i want to launch the game i get a traceback for the record i tried redownloading and verifying integrity of files
Try uninstalling the game, and deleting the entire game folder ("steamapps\common\Her Heart's Desire A Landlord Epic") afterward. This should remove any extra files, ensuring a clean (re)install from Steam. Your savegames will be safe.

May 6, 2020
Just launched the game on Steam, no issues.

Try uninstalling the game, and deleting the entire game folder ("steamapps\common\Her Heart's Desire A Landlord Epic") afterward. This should remove any extra files, ensuring a clean (re)install from Steam. Your savegames will be safe.
this fixed it thanks i probably tried to put in the walkthrough and thats for 1.06 instead of 1.08 on steam

May 6, 2020
so quick question what did you guys fill in for the relationship names because everything i try sounds weird to me the least weird that i can make it is if its family content if you know what i mean actually nevermind its weird now too since the way lily and rose talk the first moment you meet them

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
so quick question what did you guys fill in for the relationship names because everything i try sounds weird to me the least weird that i can make it is if its family content if you know what i mean actually nevermind its weird now too since the way lily and rose talk the first moment you meet them
Yeah, that's my frustration with it as well. I can come up with two reasons why it is the way it is... Either Chungus added the renaming feature later, and didn't adjust the conversations to make sense with various titles. Or, it's all a big parody on incest games.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Yeah, that's my frustration with it as well. I can come up with two reasons why it is the way it is... Either Chungus added the renaming feature later, and didn't adjust the conversations to make sense with various titles. Or, it's all a big parody on incest games.
Maybe both?

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Daisy: "I'm happy, even though we've been having a lot of sex"
*vinyl scratch* WHAT??? i play "monk path" or "no sex path". and for this playthrough i am behave as massive jerk, i have no sex with any girl... i down all the girls.

mrbigchungus please fix this awkward error =)))

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Roselove=-5
Lilylove=-8
Daisylove=-21
and i have True love with Rose ending...
pfhahaha =)
with that love score i must been ended alone!
because all three of them are "harlots" as them named MC. and girls name MC as dick or asshole or jerk.

ending with Rose. "and Daisy left a note explaining her and Lily blablabla" "Lily was sad for a little while" (but pardonme, ending with Rose, common!!! Rose must be sad about other girls leaving - Rose stays with MC, not Lily, Lily was left with Daisy)
ending is illogical.

if ending was for Lily then all will seems ok.

It feels like no final proofreading was done. and it seems there was no final testing either. Yes, these are little things, but big things come from little things! and often brilliant projects differ from mediocre ones precisely in these little details.
The author missed something here, overlooked something there, didn’t think of a logical consequence there.
it is sad.

Last edited:

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
final dirty talk is funny
"swallow my load like a good guest" =)
The current version has a lot of spelling, grammar, and other fixes in it, as well as all the animations converted from frames to videos, and of course, the initial videos in the current version here have been edited to include start & end images as well.

So yeah, thanks for the report, but...it's already been sorted :) and merry christmas.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
so.
one bad ending heh? i mean Alone ending.
and house burning - not a bad ending?

compared to house burning ending alone ending not so bad ending. it rather is minimal good ending, i.e. no gold digger skanks ending.
if you can think logical and think with your upper brains and not with your "junk" then girl which "attack" MC from the door - i don't believe her. why she think what i must love her? it is all looks suspicious.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
then girl which "attack" MC from the door - i don't believe her. why she think what i must love her? it is all looks suspicious.
I'm inclined to agree with this, but I think it's part of the bigger issue where the game is and isn't related to incest (quantum incest).
With how affectionate the girls immediately are, you'd suspect they've known the MC in the past and have missed him. But in the story it's made apparent that they only replied to an ad to rent a room. It's almost as if part of the story was skipped, where the girls (My Bully is My Lover-style) decide to rent from their estranged father, to have him back in their lives again.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
sorry, what is it?
i know about incest but quantum incest - it's something new for me.
It was an attempt at a joke. In 'Her Heart's Desire' we can enter the relationships that the girls have to the MC. If you set this to daughter/siblings, then the story doesn't make sense. But leaving it as landlord/guest/friend also makes little sense, with how intimate everyone becomes. So the game can be about incest, but at the same time, can't be about incest. (A bit like Schrödinger's cat)

• Haha
Reactions: Earale and ramvivat

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
It was an attempt at a joke. In 'Her Heart's Desire' we can enter the relationships that the girls have to the MC. If you set this to daughter/siblings, then the story doesn't make sense. But leaving it as landlord/guest/friend also makes little sense, with how intimate everyone becomes. So the game can be about incest, but at the same time, can't be about incest. (A bit like Schrödinger's cat)
game strictly not about incest but builded by the rules of incest games.
ok i get it. thanks.

Reactions: Quetzzz

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
and yet something is unclean here... =)

I also have a version that Dee's mother and MC are half-siblings.
thus, MC might not have known about the existence of a younger half-sister, whose daughter Dee is.
and Dee in relation to MC - niece.
then Dee could know from her mother about the existence of her uncle, and MC could not even know about it, since his father could divorce his mother and go to another woman with whom Dee’s mother gave birth.

The question remains - why such a rush? Why did the girls always try to finish the week in order to get into the pants of the MC? why, when the week ends and nothing worked out with any of them at MC, do they leave him if they so need housing? It turns out that they didn’t need housing that much. and the girls also seem to have money, because they can rent a hotel room.
there is a suspicion that the girls have something to do with Eric’s literary rival, and want to steal from MC the idea (and not only) of the novel that he is writing, but for some reason they are not successful in this and, since the novel is being published, their presence in the MC house loses all meaning.

An even crazier idea is that Eric is Dee's father. Perhaps Dee and MC are not blood relatives. and the fact that Dee lived in a shelter is nothing more than a lie. Dee's wears is too good for orphanage, from where she been kicked at morning. Dee not wear orphanage's uniform.
Otherwise, how did Eric find out MC's home address? from Eric Dee could have known about MC.

Last edited:

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
> Otherwise, how did Eric find out MC's home address?

My guy, Eric arrived outside of Big Chungus Productions office in the game, not outside the house where the characters live...it was on the street there before he went back home.

It'd be too creepy for a game like this to have a "rival," of sorts, know where the main character lived.

...and yeah, it's definitely not my best story but compared to some of my earlier novels, it's not that bad ;)

The rest of the speculation, eh, if that's your jam, but that one bit nah, it's definitely not in the game, in any version, where Eric knows where the MC lives.

Reactions: Quetzzz

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
Is the game complete or what about those who, even after completion, still receive updates?

2.90 star(s) 26 Votes