eddardbolton

Jul 21, 2019
is there a walkthrough for this game? or like, a wiki or something? i went through like 8 pages of the thread and ngl, every comment is a fucking thesis. not that i am complaining, the game is fucking fantastic and deserves all this speculation and contribution and that is also what i am looking for. is there a file or a thread where someone has compiled certain elements and key points?
It's completely linear for now with just two bad end branches.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Gotta say, the soundtrack called Thunderbolt3 (in audio folder in game files), is absolutely amazing. It builds up so well.
Feels like something from Made in Abyss or something like that. Really well done.

Other great ones are hariironoumi and sekibaku. Wondering which ones are actually original work.

Last edited:

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
Nah he still comes here sometimes.
Well, perfect. So he will either chose to read my shit, or not, and then he will chose to think about it, or not, and then he might chose to engage with me (or my ideas), or not. It's all up to him, and I won't pressure anyone. And yes, shitposting (i.e. my ramblings) is first and foremost a fun activity all in and on itself. That's why we do it for free. hehe

just keep doing what your doing. (Also yes your ramblings are fun)
sure, sure. And then, soon enough, I will fuck back off to go shitposting somewhere else. But I'm glad you had fun reading my ramblings. :)

Here's some more, and on a more positive/constructive note:

A framework for side-character "end-game"
I'm assuming a proper RPGM chibi map/world (as outlined), and will illustrate the idea with the example of Iris, the lewd maid (that I still didn't get to lewd - at all - for some unholy reason...).

First things first, and generally speaking:
  • A side-character is either still unsolved (free, or undecided), or it has reached its "end-game" (or end state) due to the players actions.

• If still free, the side-character has its own cycle on the map and offers interaction options so the player can bring the side-character to its "end-game". The side-character (or its chibi) may be stuck in some place indefinitely, or it switch places, or even roam the map as seems fit (so much room for fun activities...).

• The "end-game" either opens up the side-character to be lewdable indefinitely, or it may entail a non- and never to be lewded state (the side-character may even fuck off for good, or otherwise become unavailable) depending on whether the player brought her to her "good" or "bad" ending (where good and bad are from the perspective of the side-character, and either one could mean that she's now lewdable, or not and never will be).
    Now if the side-character becomes available to be lewded, it will switch into a new "end-game" state and day cycle of fun activities. This doesn't necessarily entail much at all, and in the simplest case there's just a chibi always at the same spot on the map with a heart indicator, available to be lewded and start some repeatable scene, maybe even a "mini-game". But there may be more, with side-characters switching places (to be lewded differently and fire up another lewd scene that is repeatable), freely roam the map, and whatever scripts and fun dynamics that may be fun... (it's the little things).
    And of course, even unavailable/unlewdable "end-game" may still populate the map in some way, or another. There just won't be a heart indicator, ever.

That's the general framework to populate the map with side-characters (naturally there should be quite a few noname chars/chibi too all over the place; ugly gossiping hags and such...) and bring it to (nukige) life - as an ideal complement to the narrative heavy main story/VN and to break it up, so overall pacing is in the hands of the player.
By the point our hero Mars is in the cuck shed together with Elina, there should be already at least a handful of side-characters on the map that can be brought to their "end-game". But not all side-characters should appear from the beginning, or at the same time. Introduce some later on (some daughter returning from boarding school, a new family that settles, some bad girl released from prison, whatever...). Or like Odette that only appears once you "unlock" Yvet first. Having certain conditions for certain side-chars to even show up might be part of the puzzle.

Alright, let's look at an example, and how I imagine my Iris (the lewd maid) "end-game". I'm assuming an inn with, say 2 floors and a bunch of rooms for the guests, and maybe an utility room, and what not. The theme of Iris "end-game" is free-use:
  • If the player enters the inn, Iris is placed in a random room and cleans something (or some other activity). This also determines her lewdable position for the scene (e.g. she might be cleaning standing, on a ladder, bent over or be on all four on the flour or something). Slap a heart icon on her. Now Mars is free to come by and lewd her. See that image I've just posted earlier with Cecille showing off her ass? Something like this (depending on the position), then a small "mini-game" where you can feel her up or just push it in or whatever you feel like. hahaha. Anyways, just define a bunch of such positions throught the inn and have a fitting scene for each of them.

• Have an Iris timer that randomly resets after a (fairly) short while, and just make chibi Iris switch rooms to go clean (or whatever) another room, to be lewded elsewhere. Maybe have a lewdable scene for when she's moving and you catch her in the floor...

• Occasionally/randomly Iris may be stuck somewhere (switch heart indicator to confused/angry indicator). In the washing machine, under the table, in the couch, the dumbest, most tropiest shit for being stuck to get fucked things you can imagine. And you can imagine the rest. hehe I think it's funny, but that's just an optinal idea; not necessary, but it would be fun to do. And that's the beauty of these nukige side-characters.

Oh, oh! And let's quickly talk about an unavailable/unlewdable state for iris: You mess it up, one way or another, and so Iris fucks off (for good) and quits her job at the inn. What now happens is that the inn hires a new maid, but unfortunately the new maid isn't lewd or sexy at all, but still a fantastic maid (feel free to make it a point and let the inn be super dirty all the time with iris, with rubbish objects and such all over the place, maybe even dirty textures/walls or what not, and as soon as the new, ugly, but competent maid is here, you switch the inn to be perfectly clean from here on out... pretty good, eh?). Just not lewd. Or lewdable. You fucked up, Iris will never come back. You suck and this is your price. The end.

And yes, totally guilty: I just wanna see more original and lewd (side-)characters from nitrolith. SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT. hahaha. Also I can imagine that writing and implementing such side-characters is actually a really fun activity. There's no pressure, things may be short and sweet and then fuck it, or you can go places too, if you have a fun idea...

Last edited:

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Well, perfect. So he will either chose to read my shit, or not, and then he will chose to think about it, or not, and then he might chose to engage with me (or my ideas), or not. It's all up to him, and I won't pressure anyone. And yes, shitposting (i.e. my ramblings) is first and foremost a fun activity all in and on itself.
Nitro used to be very active here but now he only comes after an update and remains for a day or two. He also does not really answer criticism anymore. He used to answer a lot of shit here. Though your comments are rather...unrepliable in format.

• Haha
Reactions: lnppo

nitrolith

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2021
Gotta say, the soundtrack called Thunderbolt3 (in audio folder in game files), is absolutely amazing. It builds up so well.
Feels like something from Made in Abyss or something like that. Really well done.

Other great ones are hariironoumi and sekibaku. Wondering which ones are actually original work.
Thunderbolt3 is a track made by a friend of mine, it's inspired by this track:

hariironoumi and sekibaku on the other hand are tracks I found on a Japanese website for royalty free music.

Well, perfect. So he will either chose to read my shit, or not, and then he will chose to think about it, or not, and then he might chose to engage with me (or my ideas), or not. It's all up to him, and I won't pressure anyone. And yes, shitposting (i.e. my ramblings) is first and foremost a fun activity all in and on itself. That's why we do it for free. hehe

sure, sure. And then, soon enough, I will fuck back off to go shitposting somewhere else. But I'm glad you had fun reading my ramblings. :)

Here's some more, and on a more positive/constructive note:

A framework for side-character "end-game"
I'm assuming a proper RPGM chibi map/world (as outlined), and will illustrate the idea with the example of Iris, the lewd maid (that I still didn't get to lewd - at all - for some unholy reason...).

First things first, and generally speaking:
  • A side-character is either still unsolved (free, or undecided), or it has reached its "end-game" (or end state) due to the players actions.

• If still free, the side-character has its own cycle on the map and offers interaction options so the player can bring the side-character to its "end-game". The side-character (or its chibi) may be stuck in some place indefinitely, or it switch places, or even roam the map as seems fit (so much room for fun activities...).

• The "end-game" either opens up the side-character to be lewdable indefinitely, or it may entail a non- and never to be lewded state (the side-character may even fuck off for good, or otherwise become unavailable) depending on whether the player brought her to her "good" or "bad" ending (where good and bad are from the perspective of the side-character, and either one could mean that she's now lewdable, or not and never will be).
    Now if the side-character becomes available to be lewded, it will switch into a new "end-game" state and day cycle of fun activities. This doesn't necessarily entail much at all, and in the simplest case there's just a chibi always at the same spot on the map with a heart indicator, available to be lewded and start some repeatable scene, maybe even a "mini-game". But there may be more, with side-characters switching places (to be lewded differently and fire up another lewd scene that is repeatable), freely roam the map, and whatever scripts and fun dynamics that may be fun... (it's the little things).
    And of course, even unavailable/unlewdable "end-game" may still populate the map in some way, or another. There just won't be a heart indicator, ever.

That's the general framework to populate the map with side-characters (naturally there should be quite a few noname chars/chibi too all over the place; ugly gossiping hags and such...) and bring it to (nukige) life - as an ideal complement to the narrative heavy main story/VN and to break it up, so overall pacing is in the hands of the player.
By the point our hero Mars is in the cuck shed together with Elina, there should be already at least a handful of side-characters on the map that can be brought to their "end-game". But not all side-characters should appear from the beginning, or at the same time. Introduce some later on (some daughter returning from boarding school, a new family that settles, some bad girl released from prison, whatever...). Or like Odette that only appears once you "unlock" Yvet first. Having certain conditions for certain side-chars to even show up might be part of the puzzle.

Alright, let's look at an example, and how I imagine my Iris (the lewd maid) "end-game". I'm assuming an inn with, say 2 floors and a bunch of rooms for the guests, and maybe an utility room, and what not. The theme of Iris "end-game" is free-use:
  • If the player enters the inn, Iris is placed in a random room and cleans something (or some other activity). This also determines her lewdable position for the scene (e.g. she might be cleaning standing, on a ladder, bent over or be on all four on the flour or something). Slap a heart icon on her. Now Mars is free to come by and lewd her. See that image I've just posted earlier with Cecille showing off her ass? Something like this (depending on the position), then a small "mini-game" where you can feel her up or just push it in or whatever you feel like. hahaha. Anyways, just define a bunch of such positions throught the inn and have a fitting scene for each of them.

• Have an Iris timer that randomly resets after a (fairly) short while, and just make chibi Iris switch rooms to go clean (or whatever) another room, to be lewded elsewhere. Maybe have a lewdable scene for when she's moving and you catch her in the floor...

• Occasionally/randomly Iris may be stuck somewhere (switch heart indicator to confused/angry indicator). In the washing machine, under the table, in the couch, the dumbest, most tropiest shit for being stuck to get fucked things you can imagine. And you can imagine the rest. hehe I think it's funny, but that's just an optinal idea; not necessary, but it would be fun to do. And that's the beauty of these nukige side-characters.

Oh, oh! And let's quickly talk about an unavailable/unlewdable state for iris: You mess it up, one way or another, and so Iris fucks off (for good) and quits her job at the inn. What now happens is that the inn hires a new maid, but unfortunately the new maid isn't lewd or sexy at all, but still a fantastic maid (feel free to make it a point and let the inn be super dirty all the time with iris, with rubbish objects and such all over the place, maybe even dirty textures/walls or what not, and as soon as the new, ugly, but competent maid is here, you switch the inn to be perfectly clean from here on out... pretty good, eh?). Just not lewd. Or lewdable. You fucked up, Iris will never come back. You suck and this is your price. The end.

And yes, totally guilty: I just wanna see more original and lewd (side-)characters from nitrolith. SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT. hahaha. Also I can imagine that writing and implementing such side-characters is actually a really fun activity. There's no pressure, things may be short and sweet and then fuck it, or you can go places too, if you have a fun idea...
uuuuuuuh... that's quite a lot.

Your ideas are interesting for sure but to be frank, I don't want to stretch the game development more than necessary. It's already too ambitious to solodev as it is. Also the story and most things are already outlined in my specification document which I don't veer too much from.
For context, this game is something I started as a practice game, to teach myself how to draw. For example, the NPCs are just an excuse to practice character design. I even started with C-tier generic ideas like demon lord, hero ect to experiment as well as not explain certain things.

I honestly never expected to get this much eyes on it.

Nitro used to be very active here but now he only comes after an update and remains for a day or two. He also does not really answer criticism anymore. He used to answer a lot of shit here. Though your comments are rather...unrepliable in format.
It's mainly because I find forums as a slow way to exchange ideas, I started to prefer DMs or discord as it's fast and efficient.

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
uuuuuuuh... that's quite a lot.
You're welcome. :)

I don't want to stretch the game development more than necessary.
Understandable.

For context, this game is something I started as a practice game, to teach myself how to draw. For example, the NPCs are just an excuse to practice character design.
And we all love it, you're developing a lovely style. Why not put in some more side-characters, to practice some more (hehe)? But not too much practice, you need to keep some of that wonkyness, which is super charming.

I honestly never expected to get this much eyes on it.
Well, that's just how things go. Success often comes totally unexpected. Why not take the opportunity and really polish this? That is also an important part of game development, and the final 10% are always the worst... Just imagine half-assing HPMF, only to put all your heart (and polish) in the next game that flops spectacularly for some unholy reason. That would break my heart. :)
HPMF - on the other hand - is beloved, you can easily tell, and there are a lot more anons out there that are absolutely going to love the shit out of it as well, if your discord shills would put in a bit more effort, that is (just kidding; then again, some shilling will be needed, that's just how things work, I guess...).

I did read, you already have plans for another game, smaller in scope, so sure, you wanna finally move on and do that. And I'm certainly not going to hold you hostage, or anything. Still, I'd suggest you at least reconsider, with a new look on HPMF and regard it not as almost finished, but as a very successful prototype. And then you duke it out... or don't. I say: it would be totally worth it.

Is your new game going to have a proper RPGM chibi world? If so, why not use HPMF to already get used to it?
And while I'm talking out of my ass now, but couldn't HPMF also be a great success on the japanese market? Use the rewrite opportunity to properly localize the game, and MTL the shit out of it. I do believe there are some english games out there that did that, offered a japanese version and sold it on DLsite or what not. Maybe try to contact one of those devs that went this route, to see how that worked out for them? There may be some good money to be made this way? Well, maybe not. I don't know.

Anyways, it's nice you've showed up again, have a good time and all the best. :)

I find forums as a slow way to exchange ideas, I started to prefer DMs or discord as it's fast and efficient.
Speed isn't important. Good things need to be pondered about, and slept a night or two over it. Or maybe I'm just getting old... hehe.

Anyways...
how do you even (2).png

And if you're still with me, some more ramblings:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Morasaky

Mar 29, 2020
for some reasons i cant launch the game. when i start it, it immediately closes it self. any solution for that?

nitrolith

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2021
Well, that's just how things go. Success often comes totally unexpected. Why not take the opportunity and really polish this? That is also an important part of game development, and the final 10% are always the worst... Just imagine half-assing HPMF, only to put all your heart (and polish) in the next game that flops spectacularly for some unholy reason. That would break my heart. :)
HPMF - on the other hand - is beloved, you can easily tell, and there are a lot more anons out there that are absolutely going to love the shit out of it as well, if your discord shills would put in a bit more effort, that is (just kidding; then again, some shilling will be needed, that's just how things work, I guess...).

I did read, you already have plans for another game, smaller in scope, so sure, you wanna finally move on and do that. And I'm certainly not going to hold you hostage, or anything. Still, I'd suggest you at least reconsider, with a new look on HPMF and regard it not as almost finished, but as a very successful prototype. And then you duke it out... or don't. I say: it would be totally worth it.

Is your new game going to have a proper RPGM chibi world? If so, why not use HPMF to already get used to it?
And while I'm talking out of my ass now, but couldn't HPMF also be a great success on the japanese market? Use the rewrite opportunity to properly localize the game, and MTL the shit out of it. I do believe there are some english games out there that did that, offered a japanese version and sold it on DLsite or what not. Maybe try to contact one of those devs that went this route, to see how that worked out for them? There may be some good money to be made this way? Well, maybe not. I don't know.

Anyways, it's nice you've showed up again, have a good time and all the best. :)
Well, I'm not really doing this primarily for success, it's more of an incessant desire to create something. The basis of doujin works should be that way imo.
I have a set number of projects I want to do, if I can do all of them, I'll be very happy and satisfied.

As for shilling/marketing, I said before on my discord that I want HPMF to fly under people's radar. It's why I don't bother updating preview images. I won't even think of shilling it until it's finished.
I'm planning to polish it as much as I can obviously.

The next game will be smaller in scope in a way, something more for the dlsite crowd, so RPGM. Hopefully way less words words words. It will be a FeMC corruption game like Ambrosia but the execution will be quite different.

I'm building up skills to make a certain "dream game" in the future, it's the main reason why I started doing this in the first place. it's like a hardcore form of edging.

for some reasons i cant launch the game. when i start it, it immediately closes it self. any solution for that?
Can you run other renpy games just fine? I haven't heard of this issue before.

jdaniels

Oct 8, 2018
Google Drive It's in a folder that I name sooo the "HeroVN" goes in your appdata\roaming\renpy folder [NOTE: I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOUR RENPY SAVES GOES SOO IT COULD BE EITHER ON YOUR "C" DRIVE OR "D" DRIVER, MAKE SURE TO CHECK BEFORE PASTING IT]

also the game already has gallery in it called memories, You have to play a little to be able to access It. View attachment 3256307 View attachment 3256308

Yes I have 96 pages worth of save because the games that good with some great content, Really like the game lol while uploading 11 files from the save were unreadable for some reason don't worry about It its just first 9 saves I believe... and I doubt you wanted the save for that reason since its a renpy game haha.......

Almost forgot to mention this. I don't know If your game will show the new content that was added for erina and elena in your memories since It doesn't for me. I'm guessing that's because this in alpha right now or because I've been using my old save. So, you might have to go through the page saves to view them.
>Request access

ffs someone reupload this please.

Reactions: fakeg

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Thunderbolt3 is a track made by a friend of mine, it's inspired by this track:
Well props to them, they are very talented. People tend to overlook the value of music in movies/games, but it really helped putting your game head and shoulders above other games that just use your typical overused royalty free music.

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
Anyone help me , can't unlock more action of game
More positions (and whole categories) are likely not yet implemented, and if you're referring to the maxed curse power bar, then you need to just keep clicking along somewhere else in the game, maybe skip a few time-slots if there's nothing else to do, and proceed to watch the next post-training scene, or something like that.

* * *​

Well, no reason to stop now. It's Hero Party Must Fall diary rambling time!
Are you guys ready to ramble?! Let's get ready to ramble!!!

ceci (4).png

The post-Elena days diary: day X (Mars/Helelle Hero powers unlocking, and big Mars is gay now reveal, wait what, someone spoiler that shit, uhh... scene)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mutad

Mar 25, 2020
Is there gonna be a patch to add some of the missing scene (primarily from the latest update) into the gallery or is that not going to happen until the next update?

ForeThought

Aug 15, 2017
Man, I don't have much to say other than thanks. This game is so fucking good. I really appreciate the writing and how fleshed out all of the characters feel. All the themes are exactly up my alley.

nitrolith

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2021
Is there gonna be a patch to add some of the missing scene (primarily from the latest update) into the gallery or is that not going to happen until the next update?
The version that adds the scenes to the gallery was released a while ago just no one uploaded it here. The leakers always get post-nut clarity and don't bother uploading the fixed up versions.

Here's the latest version:

same exact thing for me crazy huh i tried every download too
odd, give the latest version a shot...

Man, I don't have much to say other than thanks. This game is so fucking good. I really appreciate the writing and how fleshed out all of the characters feel. All the themes are exactly up my alley.
Thanks, glad you've enjoyed it.

4.70 star(s) 284 Votes