4.20 star(s) 15 Votes

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
Not really a bug but kind of useless information...
bandit_axe of swiftness:
+5.1% attack speed
+0.0% movement speed <-------------- +0.0% Geez, I feel faster. Probably just a 'feeling' :)

Scud74

Oct 12, 2017
Is it possible to edit the base units like the bandits and such? I can't find the unitdata file for them. I wanted to mess around with equipment and stats.
Are some of the units hardcoded into the .exe or something?
Sorry for the late response, the file you're looking for is not inside the "data" folder, that file is called is located in the "resources" folder, inside a compresed file called "APP" with the name "compiled.js". The file type is ASAR you need 7-zip + this plugin to edit that file:

If you have problems replacing the original file, ask me for help right here, so other can see how to do it if they encounter the same problem. Also, the code in that file doesn't have any spaces, so it is a total mess, use the search fuction to navigate, and reestructure it with spaces when you edit some to make your life easier, but be carefull to respect the amount of brackets and comas, or you game won't start. Even better, make a backup copy of "compiled.js" before messing with it.

Devil Hunter

Jan 1, 2019
The file type is ASAR you need 7-zip + this plugin to edit that file:
I've downloaded the plugin and put it in the installation folder of 7zip and I still can't open that ASAR file in the resources :(

gmant

Jul 31, 2017
Sorry for the late response, the file you're looking for is not inside the "data" folder, that file is called is located in the "resources" folder, inside a compresed file called "APP" with the name "compiled.js". The file type is ASAR you need 7-zip + this plugin to edit that file:

If you have problems replacing the original file, ask me for help right here, so other can see how to do it if they encounter the same problem. Also, the code in that file doesn't have any spaces, so it is a total mess, use the search fuction to navigate, and reestructure it with spaces when you edit some to make your life easier, but be carefull to respect the amount of brackets and comas, or you game won't start. Even better, make a backup copy of "compiled.js" before messing with it.
Well I tried this, but it always crashes with the same error. I think I'm doing something wrong with the compression, because it always crashes even if I just unpack and then compress again without making any changes.
What particular settings are required?

Found the problem. I left the unzipped folder in the Resources folder, which messes with the game launching. Create a separate folder for that one so the game doesn't detect it during startup.

Last edited:

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Scud74 In regards to code being a mess: if you use Notepad++ you can to "Plugins -> Plugins Admin" and install "JSTool" from the list. After opening "compiled.js" you go "Plugins -> JSTool -> JSFormat". As long as the file itself exists N++ will remember the setting and show the file already formatted every time you open it (even if you close it in N++). Not that big of a deal if you want to change a few values, but tremendously useful for, say, adding a new MOVE_GROUP and assigning it to specific enemies.

gmant Since you figured out your problem, I'm just going to leave this here as an "honorable mention": Archive Format set to "Asar" and Compression Level to "Normal" is what the settings for repacking look like for me.

Reactions: Scud74

Devil Hunter

Jan 1, 2019
In regards to code being a mess: if you use Notepad++ you can to "Plugins -> Plugins Admin" and install "JSTool" from the list. After opening "compiled.js" you go "Plugins -> JSTool -> JSFormat". As long as the file itself exists N++ will remember the setting and show the file already formatted every time you open it (even if you close it in N++).
I did that but the "app.asar" file got fucked up and the game won't run anymore! :confused:
What am I doing wrong?!

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
about 0.64:

New build is here! This build fixes 2 rather critical bugs, one that causes SOS boss room to be empty for some saves and another that causes the new ??? unlock system to cease function when there are too many options to choose from (from mods, for example).

Otherwise, the Ruins still isn't done - there is still the second floor and the actual Boss missing.

Changelog:

- fixed issue with boss room in SOS_2 being sometimes empty (and potentially other similiar issues)
- Sword and Shield weapon type now does a shield bash for it's shove attack
- fixed bug with character window being moved around after dragging it elsewhere first
- added inverted controls settings under Options-Controls
- fixed bug with ???s not showing up when the # of options in selection menu exceeds 10 (for example, when mods are installed)
- added some background music
- added a new Ruins tileset

waiting someone share it :)

Reactions: OnyxShadow

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
I did that but the "app.asar" file got fucked up and the game won't run anymore! :confused:
What am I doing wrong?!
"That" being what, exactly? I can't tell what it is you were trying to do - and what you actually did - without any specifics. And without those, all I can say to "what am I doing wrong?" is "whatever it is you're doing".

If I were in your shoes, I'd start by localizing the issue: unpack the ASAR file, then immediately repack and use it. If the game runs okay - editing phase is at fault, not packing; and go from there.

Devil Hunter

Jan 1, 2019
"That" being what, exactly? I can't tell what it is you were trying to do - and what you actually did - without any specifics. And without those, all I can say to "what am I doing wrong?" is "whatever it is you're doing".

If I were in your shoes, I'd start by localizing the issue: unpack the ASAR file, then immediately repack and use it. If the game runs okay - editing phase is at fault, not packing; and go from there.
Ok, you've got a point there so I'll try to explain (even though I don't think I know what I'm doing either tbh lol)
By "That" I mean the part in your previous comment where you said {["if you use Notepad++ you can to "Plugins -> Plugins Admin" and install "JSTool" from the list. After opening "compiled.js" you go "Plugins -> JSTool -> JSFormat"]} , I installed the JSTool and then went to the ASAR file and opened it using Notepad++ and did the "Plugins -> JSTool -> JSFormat" thing!

This is how it looked before
1.PNG

and this is how it looked after I did "That" ("JSFormat" thing)
2.PNG

And BTW I'm sorry for any inconvenience. I just recently started messing with this kind of stuff (which is why I have no idea what I'm doing (or what you're talking about for that matter)) so basically I'm still a noob which is why I'd appreciate it if you could explain how to do this (including how to "unpack/repack" the ASAR file (or/and the "compiled.js" stuff) or what program do I need to do so) in more details (kinda like a quick short tutorial (don't mean to be rude) lol) and thanks in advance!

grasshopper

Jul 17, 2017
64.7 update.
Please support the official release.......you horn dogs....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seems like meshes\bodyMeshNAAnim.json is missing from the base folder. I don't know if this is from the download or from a problem with unpacking, but I'll reply to this when i find it. For now, it doesn't load.

• Angry
Reactions: QueenBee

DelFaz

Jul 15, 2017
Seems like meshes\bodyMeshNAAnim.json is missing from the base folder. I don't know if this is from the download or from a problem with unpacking, but I'll reply to this when i find it. For now, it doesn't load.
Worked for me even with all the available mods installed and some custom ones. Maybe your download got corrupted?

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Devil Hunter Your mistake was opening "app.asar" with N++. It's an archive-type file, you open it with 7-Zip (it doesn't support ASAR files out-of-the-box so you need the ASAR plugin for 7-Zip). The N++/JSFormat instructions I posted were for the JS files inside the package, not the package itself.

Last edited:

grasshopper

Jul 17, 2017
Worked for me even with all the available mods installed and some custom ones. Maybe your download got corrupted?
Yeah, I'm sorry about that,but I noticed a problem with some mods that affect body type, could be that my download was corrupted, or the version wasn't updated yet? I'm not sure. It works now when I downloaded and installed the mods again.

QueenBee

Dec 10, 2017
Yeah, I'm sorry about that,but I noticed a problem with some mods that affect body type, could be that my download was corrupted, or the version wasn't updated yet? I'm not sure. It works now when I downloaded and installed the mods again.

How did you fix the bodyMeshNAnim.json hang on loading?

Reactions: sgtlev

Maphio

Jul 23, 2017
I'll be damned if I can guess which one of the various values in that file describe the lewd damage variable.
Can't seem to spot it.

Devil Hunter

Jan 1, 2019
Devil Hunter Your mistake was opening "app.asar" with N++. It's an archive-type file, you open it with 7-Zip (it doesn't support ASAR files out-of-the-box so you need the ASAR plugin for 7-Zip). The N++/JSFormat instructions I posted were for the JS files inside the package, not the package itself.
I see, thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes