4.20 star(s) 15 Votes
Jul 20, 2018
Just to get this right, did Enlit stop working on this? The latest posts on his blog seem to be of another game. Similar, but done in a different engine.

EndingSoul

Aug 21, 2017
Not to be nitpicking and biased here but how does one get bored of making an action rpg and then thinks making a turn based rpg is gonna be more fun? Perhaps the guy needs to satisfy his want to develop a story or something. All I can say is that this is gonna be yet another amazing 5 year wait kiddos.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah I don't know what made him decide to go turn based on this. His wrestling game and this game were gold, I can't see a turn based ever matching anything like those. I wish he woulda worked on a sequel to the wrestling game or something instead.

Pokeahontas

Nov 15, 2018
Not to be nitpicking and biased here but how does one get bored of making an action rpg and then thinks making a turn based rpg is gonna be more fun? Perhaps the guy needs to satisfy his want to develop a story or something. All I can say is that this is gonna be yet another amazing 5 year wait kiddos.
Well "making" a game and "playing" a game is a huge difference.
Its no "fun" making a game when you get problems after problems after problems and after solving each one you get another problem for each solved problem until the game gets the current error where no solution or reason why it even happens is to be found.

This was Enlit3ds first try to create an open world action game with tons of items and stats so it was 100% safe that there will go alot wrong. You cant blame Enlit3d for failed the first try given the fact how far the game got.

SurverX

Jun 3, 2018
I feel like FruitSmoothie. HR and HRT were top notch. I can not imagine the a round based game could be any better.
I like the open world PC of HRT soooo much. It was sooo much fun to create mods for this game :)

Reactions: Ekgooseto

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Challenge Accepted? :whistle:
Lol, well I am rooting for you. It helps that it's not "traditional" turn based system as I just recently found out. It's that turn based/real time action combo. That example early on with the orc was rather misleading to the type of combat you seem to be aiming for now. Dunno if you switched or were always aiming for the new system but it does look a lot more interesting.

I think I'd probably still prefer real time over turn based because of its rarity though. At least that system does a good job of pretending to be real time.

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
I think I'd probably still prefer real time over turn based because of its rarity though. At least that system does a good job of pretending to be real time.
That is an interesting take. Because AFAIK, there aren't that many tactics H game at all. The only notable ones that I can think of are Rance, Kamidori Alchemy Meister, and Sealing Curse Princess. Action H games are far more common. Of course, there are countless RPGMaker-like RPGs, but I consider tactics games and RPGs to be separate genres.

Also I like to point out it wasn't trying to "pretend to be real time." If I want to make a Real Time With Pause game, or heck, even full RTS, I could have done so. The turn based nature is a deliberate design decision.

In HRT it can be difficult to "enjoy the moment." One problem is that it is very hard to design how long a Grab should last. If you are trying to "win", then you want shorter Grabs. If you are trying to "lose", then the Grabs doesn't last long enough. The party based nature also makes it very chaotic. Sometimes you want the AI to save you, sometimes you want to AI to fight, sometimes you want the AI to grab foes, sometimes you want the AI to use a specific Grab. Tried pretty hard to make the AI that "just works," but obviously, it wasn't perfect. On the other hand, in a turn based game, you are in control, and you can command your party members to do exactly what you want.

Another advantage is that it is a lot easier to set up scenes. With full control of your team (and other team with cheats), you can get everyone in position and in "position" you want ;). Not to mention the fact that you can do everything with 1 hand. That's pretty important, too. ;)

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Simple turn based vs real time comparison from me. I haven't really seen the tactics portion of your game yet, I can only go off of what I've seen after all. I couldn't compare/consider much of the tactics potential of your game even if I wanted to atm. I do like tactics games a lot if they're done well thankfully.

With the "pretend to be real time" comment, I meant it wasn't like a "traditional" rpg of two combatants standing across from each other and taking turns attacking btw. Yes, I know you can make real time games, I have played your games. That was a really weird thing for you to mention :confused:

SurverX

Jun 3, 2018
enlit3d "...Another advantage is that it is a lot easier to set up scenes. With full control of your team ..."

"Full control of your team... set up scenes..." ???
Come on... if you look to the pictures and videos that i and all the other modders made for HRT, i think you will agree that you never thought about this (and i think that these mods helped to make the game interesting ). In a game like HRT you have full controll on what you do, and you can arrange scenes that the author never though about (e.g.: see video below). And that is fun!

... and i really do not believe that that will be possible with a turned based game.

But we will see.

View attachment StayingAlive.mp4

Last edited:

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
Now I personally would prefer to play a turn-based tactical hentai game, since there is indeed a lack of them right now, but that's up to tastes.

Pokeahontas

Nov 15, 2018
In HRT it can be difficult to "enjoy the moment." One problem is that it is very hard to design how long a Grab should last. If you are trying to "win", then you want shorter Grabs. If you are trying to "lose", then the Grabs doesn't last long enough. The party based nature also makes it very chaotic. Sometimes you want the AI to save you, sometimes you want to AI to fight, sometimes you want the AI to grab foes, sometimes you want the AI to use a specific Grab. Tried pretty hard to make the AI that "just works," but obviously, it wasn't perfect. On the other hand, in a turn based game, you are in control, and you can command your party members to do exactly what you want.

Another advantage is that it is a lot easier to set up scenes. With full control of your team (and other team with cheats), you can get everyone in position and in "position" you want ;). Not to mention the fact that you can do everything with 1 hand. That's pretty important, too. ;)
Hmm i wonder.

Isnt it a good idea to make the battle system of your turn based game similiar or even exactly like that of Divine Divinity Original Sin 2 ? Out of all turn based games this one has by fat the best system i played till today. However i dont know how complex it is coding wise.

y0sman

Mar 7, 2018
Hmm i wonder.

Isnt it a good idea to make the battle system of your turn based game similiar or even exactly like that of Divine Divinity Original Sin 2 ? Out of all turn based games this one has by fat the best system i played till today. However i dont know how complex it is coding wise.
I would think it would be easier to code it like Divinity Original Sin 1. Where turn order was based purely on initiative, instead of forcing you into a team A>B>A>B>A>B thing that happens in 2 (except for a few fights with a third team). But, I'm sure the way the game will be made will work perfectly for it.

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes