4.20 star(s) 15 Votes

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
loading stuck on 396 does anyone know how to fix it?
I like to know, too. :confused:

Hmm i wonder.

Isnt it a good idea to make the battle system of your turn based game similiar or even exactly like that of Divine Divinity Original Sin 2 ? Out of all turn based games this one has by fat the best system i played till today. However i dont know how complex it is coding wise.
I would think it would be easier to code it like Divinity Original Sin 1. Where turn order was based purely on initiative, instead of forcing you into a team A>B>A>B>A>B thing that happens in 2 (except for a few fights with a third team). But, I'm sure the way the game will be made will work perfectly for it.
That is how it works, yes:

I disabled the roll for initiatives in the demo but they are already functional.

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
enlit3d "...Another advantage is that it is a lot easier to set up scenes. With full control of your team ..."

"Full control of your team... set up scenes..." ???
Come on... if you look to the pictures and videos that i and all the other modders made for HRT, i think you will agree that you never thought about this (and i think that these mods helped to make the game interesting ). In a game like HRT you have full controll on what you do, and you can arrange scenes that the author never though about (e.g.: see video below). And that is fun!

... and i really do not believe that that will be possible with a turned based game.

But we will see.

View attachment 599891
I am not sure what the video is suppose to emphasis tbh, but if it's dancing, then:

It might looks like it's a special setup, but it's not. All I did is load a different stage, walk the model to her spot, and turned her towards to camera. Then play the dance animation. The music is added later after recording.

deseaks

Jul 26, 2018
The new UI for turn-based is looking pretty solid. Nicely intuitive turn resource bar. Might suggest also considering dynamic predictive remaining resource number on it for herpaderps like me allergic to arithmetic.

I could be wrong but I think the guy was talking about having the freedom to tell your team to do virtually whatever you want at any given time at all, like in HRT you can have them all stop and dance at once, but in a turn-based game you can typically only tell units to do things one at a time, and the options available may be limited even further by restrictive persistent combat mechanics.
An example/suggestion for a way around that which you might've already considered would be disabling turns/costs after all enemy units are defeated so we can tell our team to do all manner of anything in 'real time' just as a little victory orgy reward. Argument against that would be that it could oversaturate availibility of sexual content in the game to the point where the player quickly becomes blasé to it. There are probably ways to combat that as well, like imposing upgradable time/orgasm limits for such victory orgies.

I'd also like to say that the dance video is super impressive, mostly from the dance moves knowledge perspective--someone's been watching a lot of pop idols ;D I mean lookat 'er she's SHMOVIN'...! Obvious clipping aside, the relative speed the limbs move at, the way they twist in conjunction with other parts... it might all seem trivially elementary these days and maybe it is easier to animate that I'm imagining but despite my shared disappointment in HRT and HR understandably not seeing continuation, call me a shmuk, but following progress I am honestly pumped to see where enlit creations are going these days more than ever.

To be at least slightly on topic I'll pose a quick question about HRT: does anyone know if/why the gear upgrade option at the blacksmith was removed? was one of my favorite features of 0.51 but I can't seem to find trace of it in 0.641 :/

y0sman

Mar 7, 2018
I could be wrong but I think the guy was talking about having the freedom to tell your team to do virtually whatever you want at any given time at all, like in HRT you can have them all stop and dance at once, but in a turn-based game you can typically only tell units to do things one at a time, and the options available may be limited even further by restrictive persistent combat mechanics.

Except you're stuck telling everyone on your team to do the same thing. If it's possible to have full control, I'd like to see a video of you telling 3 people to dance, 1 to attack a specific enemy, and 2 others to fuck a specific knocked down enemy. That's closer to full control over everyone.

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
I kind of wonder how HRT got off the ground. Particularly, if there are any recommended resources for doing 3D with electron. I guess my google skills are bad, as I wound up looking at electron microscopes.

SurverX

Jun 3, 2018
"I am not sure what the video is suppose to emphasis tbh, but if it's dancing, then:"

No, it is not the dancing :)
I was triying to show that with HRT it was possible to create situations/scenes that (i think) were not in the mind of the game author. That is something that i like very much because it gives you the possibilitiy to do a lot of "weird stuff".
To be honest i still can not image how your new game will work, so i thing i just have to be patient...

Luin

Jul 4, 2018
To be at least slightly on topic I'll pose a quick question about HRT: does anyone know if/why the gear upgrade option at the blacksmith was removed? was one of my favorite features of 0.51 but I can't seem to find trace of it in 0.641 :/
It's not removed, but disabled in dialogue options as well as in game's code. I reenabled it to test if it's working and it does, but not how it is supposed to. Instead of upgrading it degrades armour, randomly stops enchanting gear and even stops responding after a while. In other words, it's bugged and non-functional.

I kind of wonder how HRT got off the ground. Particularly, if there are any recommended resources for doing 3D with electron. I guess my google skills are bad, as I wound up looking at electron microscopes.
I assume I can throw any links that aren't about electron microscopes your way, so I'm going to present those I'm reading at the moment. Sorry if they are too basic, I'm only starting to get aquainted with this framework. Ah, I can't post links yet, will attach them then.

Also, I beleive I came closer to intentionaly causing the infamous loading error. When I tried to load a texture (via item_data.json) in a non existant/not supported blending mode, the game threw an error message then continued to load up to the BodyMeshNAnim and stopped. This behaviour was pretty consistent. Don't know if it means anything, but it might point to something.

Pokeahontas

Nov 15, 2018
What will happen of some teammate like Sephira die in the Battle? Will i able to get her back?
HRT or the new game ?

In HRT you just leave the dungeon or you finish it /get knocked out and everyone will be in your house/tend area as if nothing ever happened.

In the new game i believe it will be the same or you get something like Phoenix down or Ressurrection scrolls. Its a turn based game so consumable items might be what Enlit3d will go for.

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
The new UI for turn-based is looking pretty solid. Nicely intuitive turn resource bar. Might suggest also considering dynamic predictive remaining resource number on it for herpaderps like me allergic to arithmetic.

An example/suggestion for a way around that which you might've already considered would be disabling turns/costs after all enemy units are defeated so we can tell our team to do all manner of anything in 'real time' just as a little victory orgy reward. Argument against that would be that it could oversaturate availibility of sexual content in the game to the point where the player quickly becomes blasé to it. There are probably ways to combat that as well, like imposing upgradable time/orgasm limits for such victory orgies.

I'd also like to say that the dance video is super impressive, mostly from the dance moves knowledge perspective--someone's been watching a lot of pop idols ;D I mean lookat 'er she's SHMOVIN'...! Obvious clipping aside, the relative speed the limbs move at, the way they twist in conjunction with other parts... it might all seem trivially elementary these days and maybe it is easier to animate that I'm imagining but despite my shared disappointment in HRT and HR understandably not seeing continuation, call me a shmuk, but following progress I am honestly pumped to see where enlit creations are going these days more than ever.

That bar is only for movement. As a default rule, every character gets to move and do a full action per turn. I don't want to discourage positioning. In games like Div2 where the action points is shared between movement and abilities, there is strong incentive to not move. I don't like that.

The game have 2 different modes (just like Div2) - a combat mode and an Explore mode. Combat mode is turn based whereas exploration mode is full real time. And yes, you can have orgies on your teammates or k.o. ed foes as much as you want in Explore mode.

As much as I like to say I made the dance animation, it is an imported animation. I was invesitigating the limits of retargeting animations made for other models to the in game skeleton. It would be very foolish for me to make a 6000 frames animation before the first actual demo is out. ;)

The gear upgrade was meant to come back at a later date. But instead of costing only gold, it will require materials to upgrade in a similar manner to Souls games. This makes each upgrade harder to get, but was supposed to have bigger impact per upgrade. The benefit is that it makes player's gear level more consistent when exploring a new area - and make it easier to tune encounters.

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
It is a custom made engine running on webgl. Back when HR was made, I thought that having a web build would be an advantage. This is before webassembly btw. There is no frameworks used beyond what's provided in JS and node.

If you are looking at JS 3D frameworks, you might come across Three.js. It is a fairly feature rich 3D renderer, but I recommend against it if you want to make games with it - the performance is awful.

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
It is a custom made engine running on webgl. Back when HR was made, I thought that having a web build would be an advantage. This is before webassembly btw. There is no frameworks used beyond what's provided in JS and node.

If you are looking at JS 3D frameworks, you might come across Three.js. It is a fairly feature rich 3D renderer, but I recommend against it if you want to make games with it - the performance is awful.
Well, that's impressive.
I did look at Three.js at one point, but I mostly just wanted to do small and efficient 2D anims, so I gave in to tempation and rolled my own.

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
Except you're stuck telling everyone on your team to do the same thing. If it's possible to have full control, I'd like to see a video of you telling 3 people to dance, 1 to attack a specific enemy, and 2 others to fuck a specific knocked down enemy. That's closer to full control over everyone.

Pretty tired, didn't put much effort into the shots. But should give you an idea what you can do outside of Turn Based Combat.

Reactions: Doomhunter22

y0sman

Mar 7, 2018

Pretty tired, didn't put much effort into the shots. But should give you an idea what you can do outside of Turn Based Combat.
This is what I was expecting from the new system, since you could directly control each unit. Most of my previous comment was towards someone saying you already had full control in HRT with mods. I can't wait for the new game to make more progress!

Zackster

Oct 30, 2017
Want to play so bad but it never gets past loading: "Loaded 396/398" So close =( anyone else have this issue?
I had that problem, and it required a save-wipe every time. I asked this a little while ago and the best answer I got was 'install a previous version' unfortunately.

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes