Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
If only it was Lara who was doing the humiliating :p I'd much prefer to see that.

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
HeroineAdventures
I see potential, but I think the chapters need to be longer, when I see chapter I think it is going to be longer than just a couple of minutes.
Keep going, looking forward to seeing more

grego

Aug 14, 2017
vengefulspirit

to your review: It's quite devastating to read that. I'll think twice about doing an update here again, if people don't like it here there is no point in doing so.
Dont´t let it get you down, its only one bad review.

I like your game very much, and the renders are great.

I like it a bit more force full when it comes to get the heroine under control, like The Black Widow scene with the flash bang.

Would be great if you add something like this for ww .

HeroineAdventures

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2019
Dont´t let it get you down, its only one bad review.

I like your game very much, and the renders are great.

I like it a bit more force full when it comes to get the heroine under control, like The Black Widow scene with the flash bang.

Would be great if you add something like this for ww .
Well no. As the second bad review comes in I'm giving it up for here.
Seems like crappy games like this one https://f95zone.to/threads/elenas-life-renpy-unofficial-remake-v0-29-phalzyr.30339/

with the worst renders I have ever seen in my life are what people want here. I thought I was being nice for putting out a public release for here.

That's it for me then. I'll let the people who enjoy the game and my art enjoy it and leave it at that.

• Sad
Reactions: grego

Madjuls

Sep 19, 2017
Looking forward to more of your wonder girls to be added in future versions, keep up the good work. :)(y)

JackHammer

May 30, 2017
Well no. As the second bad review comes in I'm giving it up for here.
Seems like crappy games like this one https://f95zone.to/threads/elenas-life-renpy-unofficial-remake-v0-29-phalzyr.30339/

with the worst renders I have ever seen in my life are what people want here. I thought I was being nice for putting out a public release for here.

That's it for me then. I'll let the people who enjoy the game and my art enjoy it and leave it at that.
Hey, take it easy. You have mostly positive reviews. Check out most of the games on here, that have mostly negative reviews even though a lot of them are excellent. This is the internet. People troll just to try to get people riled up. You're doing really good work, man. Keep going, and don't let the bitches get you down.

Reactions: grego
May 30, 2017
vengefulspirit

to your review: It's quite devastating to read that. I'll think twice about doing an update here again, if people don't like it here there is no point in doing so.
Wow, that is a truly immature response, bud. This is the kid on the playground taking his ball and going home when his team starts losing: "You'd better let me win or else NO ONE GETS TO HAVE ANY FUN!"

I mentioned that the game's dialogue and writing were immature in my review. Because it's true. But man, I thought it was just because it was written quickly by someone who wanted to rush to the renders as hastily as was possible. Maybe I was wrong.

Your game isn't good. The heroines might resemble their inspirations physically, but they don't behaviorally. They just do whatever the bad guys ask without any logic or resistance.

Each of the stories is basically the same. Heroine does a silly thing, heroine gets captured, heroine gets sexy stuff done to them for a scene or two, the end. There are no choices that change their fate or change their response to their fate. All it is is choosing which scenes you see so you have to replay it a bunch for no real reason. If a scene has three tiny variations just show each of them in sequence. And that isn't even mentioning the stories that have no choices at all.

And then there is the fact that all of the heroines share the same white body with unrealistically large breasts.

People don't love Elena's life, it's just that it's been around for ages and has engagement and a following. People do love games with great renders and story like Philly Games work, or with good renders and story and huge amounts of content like Harem Hotel and Mythic Manor.

But comparing yourself to other games misses the point, particularly when you're just cherry picking for attention. Focus on making your own work better rather than trying to shit on other devs and emotionally blackmail the community when they don't all slavishly praise you undeservedly.

HeroineAdventures

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2019
vengefulspirit

I do admit that my response wasn't the best. I was pretty shocked about this.
I worked hard for this and getting it ripped to shreds like that hurt a lot. You got me there so congratulations to you.

It's just surprising to me that the people on Patreon generally love it. I don't think they are all idiots for still being my Patron.
Maybe it's meant for a different audience than here. I do love my game as it is at the moment.

There isn't a bunch of backstory and endless setup because quite frankly I find that boring. Calling my renders "pretty average" tells me you just want to find something to hate on this. I don't get commissions almost every day because of my "average renders".

That's all I have to say about that with a clearer state of mind. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017
vengefulspirit

I do admit that my response wasn't the best. I was pretty shocked about this.
I worked hard for this and getting it ripped to shreds like that hurt a lot. You got me there so congratulations to you.
I'm not trying to "get you", I was writing a review so that the community on this forum had an idea of what this game was before jumping in. I'm pretty sure that everything I said is accurate and the fact that your one rebuttal here is that the renders are above average seems to indicate that you are ok with 90% of the review.

The fact that your immediate response was not to disagree, but to threaten to abandon the entire community because someone had an opinion you didn't like, was your decision. I didn't "get you" or make you do that. You chose to. My feeling is that you were trying to initiate a dogpile on me by people who want to keep getting your game for free so people would be afraid to leave negative reviews. But that is just a feeling.

The fact your follow up was to slam the community here for liking a game that wasn't yours was also your choice. And it was insulting to everyone here. If you want to claim that people arent stupid for patroning you, which is fine, you shouldn't claim that people are stupid for patroning other devs. That's egotistical and obnoxious.

There isn't a bunch of backstory and endless setup because quite frankly I find that boring. Calling my renders "pretty average" tells me you just want to find something to hate on this. I don't get commissions almost every day because of my "average renders".
Now my review didn't talk about backstory at all. That wasn't a criticism. The criticism was characterization of the limited story you did have. I didn't ask for an explanation of who the heroines were. We know who they are. I asked that they behave like the heroines would in their stories. I asked that you not represent these women universally as moronic bimbos that all secretly want to be dominated. The fact that all of the stories pretty much have the line, "ooooh you're pretty wet *insert heroine's name here*, guess you actually really like this molestation *wink*" about 1 minute in really speaks to that point. All of the stories are the same. All of the characters are totally interchangeable. What's the point in having the story then?

The game aspect is nonexistent as well. All of the different scene variations could be done in order rather than having to backtrack 5 times in a two minute story.

Like I don't understand why you wanted to make this a game when it would work far better as a comic strip, which is what you already sell?

I mean, I don't "want" to hate on this. I don't really care one way or the other. I'd prefer it to be good, but I'm not at all invested in it. I listed a bunch of reasons why this game wasn't worth people's time outside of the renders, so you can hardly claim that I was just trolling you with unwarranted critique.

It's just surprising to me that the people on Patreon generally love it. I don't think they are all idiots for still being my Patron.
Maybe it's meant for a different audience than here. I do love my game as it is at the moment.
I mean, the people on your patreon pay you. Of course they like your stuff. That's why they pay you. Thinking that people that pay you would have the same response to your work as the general population is completely illogical. I'm also guessing many of your patrons might like your work because of the heroine theme more than the objective quality of your renders. Your models are pretty low res and flat. They don't look real. Like I said the facial details are well done, but the rest is just average. There are dozens of other heroine cg renderers that put out stuff that look much the same as you. They're not terrible, they're not really bad, but they don't stand out from each other.

Plily

Apr 14, 2018
Um, for the guy that doesn't like the game and left the bad review, that is the point of a review. However, to every ONE person that doesn't like the game, there are like 10 that does. To me, those 10 are the only ones that should matter. There is no game on here that every single person likes, even the top dogs like Summertime Saga, they get as much bad reviews as anyone.

As a creator, I know how hard it is to create a game, I am trying to do one and the coding alone is a lot of work. Just remember you have people giving you money for your work and the one that doesn't like it well... doesn't.

We are all here to play the games available, from all different types of people, creators and minds, we shouldn't be at each other's throats.

May 30, 2017
It's ok vengefulspirit . Everyone has their own tastes and I guess this wasn't your right cup of tea.

I won't engage further in this.
I mean, sure. You do you. You could take the opportunity to listen to feedback and to make your game better, but it's totally your right to believe I'm just being subjective, to shit on other creators, and just plow on ahead only ever listening to praise.

All of the heroine characters are objectively the same in your stories. All of them hit exactly the same story beats. All of the villains have the same personality as well. The choices don't matter. There is no objective reason to have choices that vary the scene by one render rather than just showing them all in order. But hey, I guess making objectively bad game design choices just isn't my cup of tea. Guess I just like good games with devs that actually want to learn and improve and grow rather than stubbornly ignore constructive feedback. I'm weird that way.

JackHammer

May 30, 2017
I mean, sure. You do you. You could take the opportunity to listen to feedback and to make your game better, but it's totally your right to believe I'm just being subjective, to shit on other creators, and just plow on ahead only ever listening to praise.

All of the heroine characters are objectively the same in your stories. All of them hit exactly the same story beats. All of the villains have the same personality as well. The choices don't matter. There is no objective reason to have choices that vary the scene by one render rather than just showing them all in order. But hey, I guess making objectively bad game design choices just isn't my cup of tea. Guess I just like good games with devs that actually want to learn and improve and grow rather than stubbornly ignore constructive feedback. I'm weird that way.
All right, dude. We've got it. You don't care for this game. Fine. Done. Doesn't make you a bad guy. Just makes you someone who doesn't like this game, which is fine. You don't have to explain why fifteen different ways.
Now go on and hang in a forum for a game that you DO like, ok? Or stay here, wait for a new update, see if it's more to your taste. But you've practically written a novel at this point about all the things you don't like about this thing. Stop pestering the poor guy. He said he doesn't want to keep talking about your review. You said your bit, he said his. He's trying to be nice and not tell you to shut the F up, but you're not taking the hint.

Reactions: HeroineAdventures
May 30, 2017
All right, dude. We've got it. You don't care for this game. Fine. Done. Doesn't make you a bad guy. Just makes you someone who doesn't like this game, which is fine. You don't have to explain why fifteen different ways.
Now go on and hang in a forum for a game that you DO like, ok? Or stay here, wait for a new update, see if it's more to your taste. But you've practically written a novel at this point about all the things you don't like about this thing. Stop pestering the poor guy. He said he doesn't want to keep talking about your review. You said your bit, he said his. He's trying to be nice and not tell you to shut the F up, but you're not taking the hint.
I mean I haven't explained it fifteen different ways. I've just reiterated the same obvious points because he ignored them all. I wouldn't post a review if I didn't think I could recommend valid improvements, trying to get a response from the dev isn't unreasonable.

I was also done with this thread until you dragged me back here just to attack me for giving feedback and then defending myself and other forum users when the dev started attacking everyone. He hasn't apologized to the people he attacked who liked Elena's Life and the like, he hasn't acknowledged any of the criticism, all he has done is attack people for giving constructive criticism, attack forum users, threaten people to try and get people like you to attack critics, and to try to claim objective issues with his game are matters of taste. Which they arent.

I have only responded once to each of his replies. That is me saying my bit. You are attacking me for it while not contributing anything other than facepalm reacts to the discussion. If he wants to ignore feedback thats fine, but I'm going to call him on it because forum users have a right to know that the dev won't listen to criticism and doesn't want to improve his game.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 4 Votes