HardcoreLarry

May 27, 2020
I have a sincere question
Does this project not have enough workers or something ?
This game became VERY big and is earning a lot of money so...
Not to sound rude and this is only because of how much I love this game that I'm asking this (respectfully)
Why are updates taking over half a year ?!?!?!?
I mean.. don't they have enough money to invest ?
1620954493488.png

And if so, is it not a money problem ? cause it sure has been a lot of time and it will be sad if this will turn into another
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
situation
Most games get more people on the project once they earn over a certain amount monthly

Any updates (REAL INFORMATIVE UPDATES, not "UHUHUH hE's wOrKiNg hARd" cause I'm sure he's busy) would be good

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I have a sincere question
Does this project not have enough workers or something ?
This game became VERY big and is earning a lot of money so...
Not to sound rude and this is only because of how much I love this game that I'm asking this (respectfully)
Why are updates taking over half a year ?!?!?!?
I mean.. don't they have enough money to invest ?
View attachment 1193729

And if so, is it not a money problem ? cause it sure has been a lot of time and it will be sad if this will turn into another
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
situation
Most games get more people on the project once they earn over a certain amount monthly

Any updates (REAL INFORMATIVE UPDATES, not "UHUHUH hE's wOrKiNg hARd" cause I'm sure he's busy) would be good
Hello! The next update duplicates the content of the actual game.
I'm posting daily updates about what I'm doing almost all days for 20$+ patrons, and, for free, I'm uploading sneak peeks every week (I had to pause it a bit).
I'm completely active on discord, always showing what's coming next and what I'm working on.

This is a 1 man project, what I'm getting from Patreon is more than enough for me to continue with the project. And I'm, of course, trying to invest the best I can. Original models, original music, icons, art for the future dungeon, Spanish translators, editors, etc.
The thing is, again, I'm the only dev working on this and the update is extremely large. It's not something it can be done in a couple of months.

You would ask, maybe, why I don't hire more programmers or etc. And I tried it, but I don't have any education in terms of... management so I always ended up losing more time explaining to the programmer what I want to do and, after he delivers it, change it completely to my desires than making it by myself.
Same with the models and writing. I have a pretty complex way of doing stuff, and I ended up losing more time explaining than making it.

So yeah, I prefer people to wait more than half a year and receive a great update instead of delivering a half-baked one.

Diego Valent

Sep 11, 2018
Great game, I really liked the story and the animations, I especially liked that you can see that the characters have a lot of difference between them, I hope it stays that way. And if possible, include a little combat (as it is a hero game), even if it is a turn-based combat. If possible I would also like to ask for a fan signature mainly from Lucy because I loved her <3. Good luck with the game.

Last edited:

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
You would ask, maybe, why I don't hire more programmers or etc. And I tried it, but I don't have any education in terms of... management so I always ended up losing more time explaining to the programmer what I want to do and, after he delivers it, change it completely to my desires than making it by myself.
Same with the models and writing. I have a pretty complex way of doing stuff, and I ended up losing more time explaining than making it.
Management is a skill for sure... I'd suggest keep trying to figure that one out. You obviously don't want to overextend yourself as far as spending more patron dollars than you can consistently maintain, but there's a great desire for your work. I'd say the wait is typically worth it, but if you could figure out how to better organize your workflow (in the case of programming, or storyboard in the case of art/scenes) so others could pick up on it, then you'll be able to deliver more product.

I'm no game dev, but I'd suggest to continue to try out some other hires. Hire out small jobs... I'm making some assumptions about your work, but I imagine some of it can be classified as an "intermediate product"; past concept and basic design, before finishing touches; tedious stuff essentially, kind of like freelance/contract inbetween animators or base modelers. If any of those small jobs work, you have a consistent place to turn patron dollars into intermediate product, meaning you can spend more of your time working on finished product, and if it's consistent you can build a working relationship with said artist/dev. If it doesn't work out, then you only hired out a small job and not much is lost; it's the cost of acquiring talent.

That assumes, of course, that most of your dev time is purely work in nature, and that you have a good roadmap and idea where everything is going, as opposed to still spending time going back and forth on figuring that out; I'm making a lot of assumptions. Either way, dev/art challenges aren't as easy as just throwing more people at the problem, as others may suggest.

Alternatively, maybe you just prefer to be a solo craftsperson of artisanal erotic visual novels. If that's what you want to do, then don't let anyone tell you different. You do you. Though, if it's just because you haven't had great success with hiring out various jobs, I'd suggest you keep trying; at least a bit more, and try to figure out possibly why it doesn't turn out the way you want.

I'll also say that work pipelines are the most pain in the ass thing. You could hire another 2 artists, another 2 writers, another 2 programmers, and half of them might be sitting idle because there's only so much work to do currently before some other work in the pipeline is finished.

No matter what though: I'm looking forward to your next release, and I hope things are going well for you :)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
(...) Either way, dev/art challenges aren't as easy as just throwing more people at the problem, as others may suggest.

Alternatively, maybe you just prefer to be a solo craftsperson of artisanal erotic visual novels. If that's what you want to do, then don't let anyone tell you different. You do you. Though, if it's just because you haven't had great success with hiring out various jobs, I'd suggest you keep trying; at least a bit more, and try to figure out possibly why it doesn't turn out the way you want. (...)
That can not be stressed enough. A few people, quite a few actually, seem to think (I do not mean the question here) that if there's enough Patreon money, you can just hire a second guy and speed up the development process by almost 100% without compromising the game. And if you hire a 3rd and a 4th guy, you can basically throw out weekly updates of multiple hours of gameplay. This will usually not be the case. Creative work works differently than more "standardized" stuff, and from a certain point onwards a dev would have to give some creative control away (even if only the look of girls or the positioning of characters in a scene). This doesn't have to be detrimental to the quality of the game but it may easily become something the dev did not envision.

Sep 12, 2020
That can not be stressed enough. A few people, quite a few actually, seem to think (I do not mean the question here) that if there's enough Patreon money, you can just hire a second guy and speed up the development process by almost 100% without compromising the game. And if you hire a 3rd and a 4th guy, you can basically throw out weekly updates of multiple hours of gameplay. This will usually not be the case. Creative work works differently than more "standardized" stuff, and from a certain point onwards a dev would have to give some creative control away (even if only the look of girls or the positioning of characters in a scene). This doesn't have to be detrimental to the quality of the game but it may easily become something the dev did not envision.
I agree: it reminds me of that old joke about project managers, who think that if you have 9 pregnant women, you can get a baby in a month :)
I do understand the point made about delegating the boring stuff, though: having people that can help on the non-creative stuff (e.g., boring and repetitive tasks) can be a big help, and may give more free time to the creative process instead. Of course, we all work differently, and I never worked on a videogame myself so I have no idea what's the usual process is there. At the end of the day, I trust Komisari to do the right thing, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

HardcoreLarry

May 27, 2020
Hello! The next update duplicates the content of the actual game.
I'm posting daily updates about what I'm doing almost all days for 20$+ patrons, and, for free, I'm uploading sneak peeks every week (I had to pause it a bit).
I'm completely active on discord, always showing what's coming next and what I'm working on.

This is a 1 man project, what I'm getting from Patreon is more than enough for me to continue with the project. And I'm, of course, trying to invest the best I can. Original models, original music, icons, art for the future dungeon, Spanish translators, editors, etc.
The thing is, again, I'm the only dev working on this and the update is extremely large. It's not something it can be done in a couple of months.

So yeah, I prefer people to wait more than half a year and receive a great update instead of delivering a half-baked one.
Great answer!

Although I am shocked to see you're working all alone and the fact that you create such an insane update is crazy!

I hope you find good people to work with who have the same mindset as you so you won't have to work as hard on this amazing game!

• Red Heart
Reactions: evaw and Komisari

Vladimir_xyz

Feb 28, 2021
is this dead or onhold i ask cuz theres nothing samying its onhold or dead but its last update was a long while ago.

TrickyK

Jul 10, 2018
We haven't had a sneak peak in a bit. I've been checking the patreon and discord almost daily. You're not secretly in crunch mode to try and get the update out are you? :sneaky:

Shadow135

Feb 12, 2018
is this dead or onhold i ask cuz theres nothing samying its onhold or dead but its last update was a long while ago.
Could you at least read some comments?

Komisari is the developer and he's giving some sneak peeks every while, keeps replying to comments on here and stuff.
There hasn't been any update because he's going to do a big update, in his words "The next update will double the current content".
So let's be patient ;)

Reactions: BanditoMarito

Vladimir_xyz

Feb 28, 2021
Could you at least read some comments?

Komisari is the developer and he's giving some sneak peeks every while, keeps replying to comments on here and stuff.
There hasn't been any update because he's going to do a big update, in his words "The next update will double the current content".
So let's be patient ;)
i said sorry to him and ty for info. will it break saves?

Reactions: BanditoMarito

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
how to use incest patch

The usual Ren'Py way.

1) Download the file
2) Extract it with an unzipper of your choice (I recommend 7-zip, but others work, too)
3) Copy the files into the "game" folder (this one actually already unzips a whole game folder, you can copy it over the other one)
4) Start the game, patch should be applied

Last edited by a moderator:

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Don't feel bad. You're just not the first one who has been asking the same questions, hence I joked about making a bingo sheet for these very questions. You just asked the next question that was on Bingo sheet: Will the new update break saves? :ROFLMAO:
These questions get asked a lot.

Maybe the OP needs a pre-update FAQ, but then how will I fill my bingo sheet? :unsure:
With the way people are on this forum, a pre-update FAQ would do absolutely nothing.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes