BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I think that game is abandoned.. Last update was 11 months ago...
It isn't abandoned, the updates are very big, in fact the developer answered a few questions on Friday:

I appreciate your opinion, and it's completely okay if you decided to stop supporting me! The game had, in content updates;
- v0.0.1 (The Demo)
- v0.1.0 (Overhaul Update, a radical change from the demo)
- v0.1.1 (Content update)
- v0.1.2 Beta and Pre-Release (Both content update and rework, AGAIN.)
- v0.1.2 Public (Added the Halloween events)

And all of that content was only the prologue of the game, right now I'm working on the full chapter 1 who is larger than the prologue, not only larger but looks incredibly better. (Not only that, but we have to remember there's literally a new full game mechanic that needs a lot of work; The Random Dungeons, plus the multiple characters I remade only for the game to look better. )
So, there are 5 updates in one year, not 9.
But that doesn't change anything, I just wanted to let you know.

I want to make HHG something special among the games around, that needs much more work than just taking renders and posting them on a folder.
And yeah, maybe you won't play it again, but... Once the update is here, I would totally recommend it ;)

Oh and there's a lot of ways to see if I'm really working on the game, I keep posting and showing in discord a lot of stuff most of the time, but, eh, you mentioned it so here it goes; I normally use Gyazo to show stuff to others or friends to show new gameplay or stuff, even to work with people like the guy who draws the tiles for the dungeon. Here u have if you have any doubt;

(And consider this is not REALLY everything I do.)

This is March, I worked a lot on the Dungeons system, the new Gifts system, the new Narissa companion, the new completely animated main menu, reworked almost every item, and a prototype of what would be a probably future battle system.
View attachment 1454375

I'm not showing this to you to start supporting me again or something like that xD
But I will defend Hero's Harem Guild with sword and shield when someone says I'm not working on the game, or, that is abandoned. Because it's not true.

But yeah, it's true that I should be more active on Patreon, but I really don't know what to post. I can't be posting something with the title "Haha soon" every month. Right now I'm working on going back again to the monthly wallpapers and probably some polls for exclusive renders. Will probably do so in a week. But I feel that is not what the Patrons want, but at least I will be able to be more active on Patron and they will be engaged to ask about stuff or talk on comments.

Oh and if you want to see a more recent "proof" (Sept 26), here is me, trying Renpy's Spritemanager System to see how it works and if I can use it on the game.
View attachment 1454389

If I'm not being clear enough; Yes I'm working on the game.

Reactions: Irradiant

Grimmiger

May 12, 2018
This place is looking like a Dr Bones thread, down to the defenders and the accusers and the ETA questions a few posts after the "it'll be out when it's out" posts. But I totally see why, almost identical situation, though with some notable differences.

hirino9

Sep 13, 2020
I wanted to say a few things:
1. This is a really great game! I love the character development and the worldbuilding a lot.
- That said, maybe mention the tech level in the worldbuilding somewhere, it looks like it's all over the place. Examples of the all over the place thing: There's (I assume) low-steampunk kind of mechanics (A certain dork we know and love), there's electricity (the bus stop, lights), buildings are wooden, rock or sometimes concrete (idr for sure been a while, but I think the shower stalls in beach and also one other building somewhere), the plumbing is definitely modern (beach shower stalls, others), etc.
-I dont mind a handwavey answer to that just like, I'd appreciate if you have *some* answer in there. Idk about anyone else, but it breaks my suspension of disbelief...
2. I wish we could like help renovate that damn church, I hate the bed being stone thing I'd *grind* to put at least a futon in her arms
3. Sunny best girl
4. Grinding for mats or moni is :( as it is
5. maybe put in an option to just like auto-pass certain minigames? like, you click on the fish button with this mode enabled and it just shows you the fish appear, and either just gives it to you or drops a RNG and if the check passes then gives you fish. Why do I say that? I didn't enjoy the grinding fish/apples/etc for moni rut I got into. Maybe the minigames are actually fine as is but the quest requirements need to be tweaked.
- Also, remember that different people have different grinding tolerances and expectations a MMO player would be fine with grinding a more caual play would be turned off on.

Also, regarding the earlier *situation*:
I've only read as far back as first message in the page so idk if you do that already, but what if you have a estimated release time? give yourself extra time, if you find it hard to put a specific date to it then just give your best guess of the upper bound, add a suitable buffer time, and use that.

Hope that some of that textwall makes sense/helped

EDIT: Powerack thank, you compassionate ninja

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
5. maybe put in an option to just like auto-pass certain minigames? like, you click on the fish button with this mode enabled and it just shows you the fish appear, and either just gives it to you or drops a RNG and if the check passes then gives you fish. Why do I say that? I didn't enjoy the grinding fish/apples/etc for moni rut I got into. Maybe the minigames are actually fine as is but the quest requirements need to be tweaked.
- Also, remember that different people have different grinding tolerances and expectations a MMO player would be fine with grinding a more caual play would be turned off on.
That is good joke... I just posted patch one post above few moments ago :-D

hirino9

Sep 13, 2020
lul maaaybe you need to look up what being ninja'd is in forum terms

Here ill save you the google: If you're about to say something but someone manages to post it before you, then they ninja'd you

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
lul maaaybe you need to look up what being ninja'd is in forum terms

Here ill save you the google: If you're about to say something but someone manages to post it before you, then they ninja'd you
Well it doesn't matter for me. I just saying what I have done and pointing to that. Do whatever you think with it.

Sep 12, 2020
Maybe you are aware of it? In the 0.0.1 build: rubbing your genitals against each other underwater, her riding you, then doggy, then deep throat and cumming outside over face.
No, I never saw that scene! The only version I know is the one from the prologue, where it ends with the surprise rubbing underwater and nothing else. I'll have to check if the 0.0.1 version is available anywhere, since Sunny is my favourite girl in the game.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I wanted to say a few things:
1. This is a really great game! I love the character development and the worldbuilding a lot.
- That said, maybe mention the tech level in the worldbuilding somewhere, it looks like it's all over the place. Examples of the all over the place thing: There's (I assume) low-steampunk kind of mechanics (A certain dork we know and love), there's electricity (the bus stop, lights), buildings are wooden, rock or sometimes concrete (idr for sure been a while, but I think the shower stalls in beach and also one other building somewhere), the plumbing is definitely modern (beach shower stalls, others), etc.
-I dont mind a handwavey answer to that just like, I'd appreciate if you have *some* answer in there. Idk about anyone else, but it breaks my suspension of disbelief...
2. I wish we could like help renovate that damn church, I hate the bed being stone thing I'd *grind* to put at least a futon in her arms
3. Sunny best girl

Also, regarding the earlier *situation*:
I've only read as far back as first message in the page so idk if you do that already, but what if you have a estimated release time? give yourself extra time, if you find it hard to put a specific date to it then just give your best guess of the upper bound, add a suitable buffer time, and use that.

Hope that some of that textwall makes sense/helped

EDIT: Powerack thank, you compassionate ninja
1. Hello! About the tech level in worldbuilding, yeah, there's actually low steampunk stuff, electricity, and lights. There's a wheel built on the ruins that powers the town. In terms of building, there may have been some mistakes because the actual maps of the game or locations were added before I even think about the world xD, they are just randomly or conveniently placed, that's why some may look modern or with different materials. In future locations/buildings, I'll make sure for all of them to look accordingly to the world. But yeah, there may be some... incoherences in the world-building, in general, I'm sorry :cry:.

2. Finish the prologue! ;)

4. There are actually not that many requirements for money to progress the story. There are some people who think they have to repair the door for 5 Silver, and that's a lot for the early prologue. I wasn't clear with the quest, but I changed it in v0.1.3, the same with perks or girls' cards (Who are pretty expensive, but completely optional). That being said;

5. Before, I was thinking of adding an easy and story difficulty. Easy to make the game less grind and story for just almost delete it. I want every single player who likes the story and doesn't like the gameplay to enjoy the game, to get a temporary fix for this, I made the game extremely less grindy, in v0.1.2 with one day of foraging you can get easily 2/1 silver. And when you unlock mining... well... you just get rich instantly xD
I think the problem is more than just difficulty, there are some system/gameplay understanding problems. I didn't explain correctly to the users how to proceed in every way to get money. For example, most of the players go fishing DIRECTLY to the lake the moment they get their fishing rod. That makes sense, right? Well, the Lake is the most difficult zone for fish, to be there, is best to have all the fishing perks and all the fishing items available at the moment. The best place to start fishing is the market's pond, but the problem is that is hidden for most of the players.
The same with foraging, every day the flowers "re-spawn" randomly(And they have a timed cooldown timer, too), but not only that, they can appear at different times too. For example, you wake up and go to the lake, you see that there are no flowers or apples so you just give up and never go back to that zone again because most players understand they appear only every day, but the thing is, if you come back at, for example, noon, the lake will be FILLED with stuff to forage, the same if you come back at afternoon.

I would like to add an easy and story difficulty, but at the same time, I'm making a game where the gameplay and sandbox are an important part of both the general game and the lore. Plus remember I'll be adding Random Generated Dungeons and probably a battle system and lots of stuff too, I can't just make the player skip all of that, because HHG is both the story and gameplay together...
I don't know, I'm still thinking about adding a difficulty option, of course, it would help a lot in the accessibility for players, but at the same time, it differs a lot from what I want Hero's Harem Guild to be. I still haven't decided, so this may change. We'll see over time!

Thanks for the wall of text, here you have one, too! :KEK:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
One thing that I really dislike on this game is fishing grind. So I looked for the right values and ended with attached patch. Please do not hate me, I'm doing these things for myself in the first place.

What this thing does? Rapidly speed up fishing and increase earned XPs.

Instructions inside ;-)
I have to say that, being very little fan of minigames, I don't remember that the fishing minigame was very complicated. In any case, making it even easier is always appreciated.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I have to say that, being very little fan of minigames, I don't remember that the fishing minigame was very complicated. In any case, making it even easier is always appreciated.
Complicated it certainly ain't. However, the constant mouse movement may weaken the very wrists you might need lat ... forget I said anything ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BlasKyau

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Complicated it certainly ain't. However, the constant mouse movement may weaken the very wrists you might need lat ... forget I said anything ;)
This, its at the upper level of being annoying even for fishing minigames. The mouse is there to point, not to move around constantly.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
This, its at the upper level of being annoying even for fishing minigames. The mouse is there to point, not to move around constantly.
Also, the higher difficulty fish are basically impossible for those of us stuck with a laptop's touchpad instead of a proper mouse. (even with all the hooks and other fishing items)

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
I don't know, I'm still thinking about adding a difficulty option, of course, it would help a lot in the accessibility for players, but at the same time, it differs a lot from what I want Hero's Harem Guild to be. I still haven't decided, so this may change. We'll see over time!
The only real reason I can see to adding an easy mode is for the players that grab games for a quick wank instead of an involved story line. Might as well just make an option for those people to just unlock a gallery with the sex scenes. I, however, very much appreciate that story you are creating. Keep up the great work.

Sep 1, 2021
I really liked the way you do the updates, it's much better to wait a little longer and enjoy a nice story, than these little updates every 2-3 months that don't change almost anything in the game, keep up the good work.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
The only real reason I can see to adding an easy mode is for the players that grab games for a quick wank instead of an involved story line. Might as well just make an option for those people to just unlock a gallery with the sex scenes. I, however, very much appreciate that story you are creating. Keep up the great work.
Not true. I may not be bothered by the grind in this game but if I was then the involved storyline is exactly what it would be getting in the way of.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cartageno

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Wait, how does creating an easier difficulty get in the way of the storyline? I'd be more involved in the story if I didn't feel I was thrown out of it by having to do grinding. Grinding has nothing to do with the storyline, it rests solely on the gameplay-loop side of things. An easier difficulty setting will only draw in people that would otherwise be deterred by grinding or difficult gameplay.

Simply put: if you are a game dev that wants to maximize the number of players getting the story, you make the difficulty adjustable to their specific needs and wants.

Reactions: crustlord12
4.40 star(s) 207 Votes