RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Komisari Hi looks like you are still around despite not getting update for 1.5 year (or 1 year and 4-5 month?) so i was wanting ask someting: Is there any news about next update? And if you are working on update how long will we have to wait for update?

Last edited:

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Komisari Hi looks like you are still around despite not getting update for 1.5 year (or 1 year and 4-5 month?) so i was wanting as someting: Is there any new about new update? And if you are working on update how long will we have to wait for update?
Hello! Yeah, there are plenty of sneak peeks and news or info about the update in discord or patreon. And as always say; I don't have an ETA. There's quite something left to do and I'm unable to calculate that content in remaining time of development. I didn't even expect this update to take more than 1 year, and it feels horrible. But I think I can safely say that the update will come before the first quarter of this year or around those dates. (It can take longer, but if it does, it would be an extra month or two. I don't think it will take more time than that.)

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hello! Yeah, there are plenty of sneak peeks and news or info about the update in discord or patreon. And as always say; I don't have an ETA. There's quite something left to do and I'm unable to calculate that content in remaining time of development. I didn't even expect this update to take more than 1 year, and it feels horrible. But I think I can safely say that the update will come before the first quarter of this year or around those dates. (It can take longer, but if it does, it would be an extra month or two. I don't think it will take more time than that.)
So its gonna take at least 4-6 month after this point then... Well... I hope its not gonna be big disappointment after nearly 2 year without update, good luck with update.

Reactions: WSmith

poarvl

Jul 28, 2019
will there be a pregnancy route in the future?
- Wrong question.

Will there be any updates at all?

- Right question.

I am risking taking flak here, but still gonna say my thoughts. It appears to me, developer long abandoned the game and just milks patrons for what they worth, and will be feeding promises for as long as he can. Drawing some CG and pretty graphs takes few minutes and trusting, happy people throws cash at you for couple mouths or so. When that's stops to works, make some more pics and lofty promises, and you get lavished by money again. It works for this guy almost for 2 years. In a way, I am impressed, not anyone can squeeze cash for THAT long for almost nothing.

• Angry
Reactions: gertru 90
Jul 7, 2019
- Wrong question.

- Right question.

I am risking taking flak here, but still gonna say my thoughts. It appears to me, developer long abandoned the game and just milks patrons for what they worth, and will be feeding promises for as long as he can. Drawing some CG and pretty graphs takes few minutes and trusting, happy people throws cash at you for couple mouths or so. When that's stops to works, make some more pics and lofty promises, and you get lavished by money again. It works for this guy almost for 2 years. In a way, I am impressed, not anyone can squeeze cash for THAT long for almost nothing.
I believe he offers the game for free since he's using koikatsu to develop. People do support him on patreon because they like his work. I'm not a master of metrics on this site but of the games I do follow, you're correct in that this game is probably the longest between updates for a game that has not been labeled abandoned. I won't pretend to understand game development but there are many games on this site of the same (or better) quality that update more frequently. People will say "well those other games won't have this amount of content". Might be true but when you start adding 1.5-2 years worth of updates to this games 1 update, probably evens out (or more)

Last edited:
Reactions: 69BOI69

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
- Wrong question.

- Right question.

Hello, I understand you might think that. But also, I'm GUESSING (I might be wrong) you are judging by the last comments and not really following the game. (Again, I MIGHT BE WRONG)
I posted in discord and even here A LOT of NOT ONLY IMAGES, but videos in-game with a lot of new systems, gameplay elements, changes and events. There's a post here that I'm unable to find where I posted a lot of those to show people the amount of changes and new stuff the game actually has.

Without trying to sound disrespectful to you, because I believe you are in your right to think that, but;
Wrong question.

The right question would be; "Would the dev add all those systems and show them all in-game and then just drop all that work?"

I understand some people might think I'm milking, but I'm not only posting "CG's", as you say. There's a lot of stuff that I've shown and there's a lot of stuff that I'm saving for the release, and showing all of them in video means I already worked on those systems or gameplay elements.

Or I'm just an extremely good milker and liar, choose your side xD

PD: Here's the post I was talking about
Well, I've posted several sneak peeks on patreon and discord, but sure, let me show you something. I will skip text so I don't spoil anything. (That's the main reason I don't want to show stuff)

What I'm showing, in order, is this;
1st Video:
- The girls on the map, the heart icon is when they have an event ready to level up.
- Quests and their small new design (Clearer objectives).
- Narissa companion thingy
- LOOK JIMMY WANTS TO TELL YOU SOMETHING
- A Shino event.

Link ->

2nd Video:
- Fishing rework, Forage tools, changes on item design, some curious treasures...
- Guild board changes, Maria as a recruit and new zone.
- New Girls Deck animations (It is optimized, too)
- Evie event and Evie writing. (Don't bully her writing! She's practicing >:c)
(The video is split in two because of reasons)

Link ->

Remember that I'm still working on dialogues. I'm sure there are a lot of grammatical mistakes and etc. Everything will be polished with the Alpha testers.

Just as an extra, this is how the main menu looks now. (Ignore the glitch and the ghost, it's because the Halloween event is activated and I'm too lazy to disable it just to make the video xD)

Again, no developer in this earth would abandon a game like this. This game is liked by a lot of people and I'm proud of what I've been able to do, and I want to do more.

EDIT: If you would like to see proof about events, in general, I would suggest joining discord and check the #sneak-peeks channel. There's a total of 68 images since last update.

Last edited:

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
"I'm working on the game, its going to be a huge update, adding many, many hours of content."
Or I'm just an extremely good milker and liar, choose your side xD
both.gif

:p
Ignore the people harping on about milking Komi, they are too daft to take the time and do a little digging and realise how big the update is going to be.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
"I'm working on the game, its going to be a huge update, adding many, many hours of content."

View attachment 1628979

Ignore the people harping on about milking Komi, they are too daft to take the time and do a little digging and realise how big the update is going to be.
Or just have a different approach to stuff. The posting history says it all - November 7th there was a somewhat (albeit somewhat limited) positive statement about a game. Since then - a couple of gameplay questions and loads of complaints. Usually about different stuff, so he's not one of them "aboned trolls", but probably some poor soul living "if life gives you lemons, break down crying and ask to see the manager".

Last edited:

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019

View attachment 1628979

I can't ignore. Ignoring could cause a really big snowball of negative stuff with the game and development. I appreciate every good feedback, but when something like this happens; I always try for the user to maybe understand what is going on more deeply. So, users who have the same opinion MAY be a little bit more considerative with my comments. I'm sure that if I never answered here, this thread would be a hell.

wholef'nshow

Mar 9, 2020
- Wrong question.

- Right question.

Did you by any chance check the Dev's posts on Discord or his Patreon profile before writing?

- Wrong question.

Isn't saying this in a site where the Dev's letting his game posted for free, and where he's active on a bit...I don't know...dumb?

- Right question.

Even if he was milking patreons, he's not milking us, fella. So...what's the point? You're talking on the wrong platform and to the wrong people.

Last edited:

Grimmiger

May 12, 2018
I would even argue that the majority of the negatives are just as braindead as the glowing "best evah" 5 star rating for a demo. I've seen complaints about lack of animations in a text based game, that the dev is Russian, that characters have Japanese names (in a Japanese game), all 1 star.

But finding out from the better reviews what annoys people is - or at least can be - helpful. Unlogical story? Bad English? Pacing too fast or slow? Incomprehensible UI? All these would have different effects on me. And many of these I can check whether I consider it the same easily in the early parts of the game.
Reason's like those in your post and the prior are why I think all reviews on basically any site should be required to at least resolve half of a "review" checklist that that are based on what the product is, so nothing is unfairly held against it, to ensure that outside of artistic writing merit, the majority of it is informative, even in an opinion piece format. Stuff like "How's the UI? Is the text and font readable? How does saving work? Is content animated and how does it look aesthetically? Does it run at at least a stable 30FPS? Is the music generic? How much of the game is stock?" and the like.

Reading reviews on products on basically any site is the most mixed of mixed bags, especially here, and seemingly the majority are worthless, lack info or are just full on 10/10 or 1/10, with no in between or justification. That's not even getting into the whole numbering system. In the typical 1-10, '5' SHOULD be the absolute average, not '7', because that's how averages work, so 1's and 10's should be the rarest of the rare, whiles 4's-8's are where most games/products lie. But we live in a world where anything under 7 is trash, and 8's and 9s are somehow the most common. Personally I prefer 1-1000 ratings, or at least 1-100.

Nov 24, 2019
Reading reviews on products on basically any site is the most mixed of mixed bags, especially here, and seemingly the majority are worthless, lack info or are just full on 10/10 or 1/10, with no in between or justification. That's not even getting into the whole numbering system. In the typical 1-10, '5' SHOULD be the absolute average, not '7', because that's how averages work, so 1's and 10's should be the rarest of the rare, whiles 4's-8's are where most games/products lie. But we live in a world where anything under 7 is trash, and 8's and 9s are somehow the most common. Personally I prefer 1-1000 ratings, or at least 1-100.
I actually like the 5 stars system. People tend to give max grade to anything decent (which messes up the scoring, obviously ─ how can you tell the exceptional apart from the good if you gave 5 to both?), and this is what messes things up (making people think "7" stands for "average"), but in a five star system, the average is always 3.

But well, people in general doesn't know how to grade stuff :censored:

Of course, if people behave in a way, that can be used to make profit. The inability of people to grade things fairly allows costs with polishing to be cut drastically, the premium to make an outstanding work to be too expensive, after all, it'll sell. You only put extra effort if you're doing it by love (e.g. this game) or if your goal is different (e.g. getting a dedicated fan-base, or trying to make your work memorable).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Komisari

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Reason's like those in your post and the prior are why I think all reviews on basically any site should be required to at least resolve half of a "review" checklist that that are based on what the product is, so nothing is unfairly held against it, to ensure that outside of artistic writing merit, the majority of it is informative, even in an opinion piece format. Stuff like "How's the UI? Is the text and font readable? How does saving work? Is content animated and how does it look aesthetically? Does it run at at least a stable 30FPS? Is the music generic? How much of the game is stock?" and the like.

To be fair, this site does enforce some minimum standards on its reviews. It's just that they cannot read each and every review and thus people need to report the bad apples. Probably not worth it for the majority of contextless ("Best evah" - 5 stars; "Game sucks" - 1 star), but the more atrocious ones could be removed. "No animations - 1 star". No kidding, it says "text based" right in the tags. Or inclusion or exclusion of a certain kink. Or "haven't played yet but the renders look great - 5 stars".

Two small disagreements though: first I think the aesthetics only need mentioning if they differ by a lot from the impression you'll get from the preview pics. Reviews that mention precisely what you already see aren't bad for that but it isn't needed.

And secondly - while I agree that the "full score or no score" crowd isn't helping, 5 stars shouldn't be the average on a scale from 1-10, at least not necessarily (should be between 5 and 6 anyways). To get to that result you'd need to play and review a lot of games. But you will be drawn to those you probably enjoy more, so giving a higher average is more in line with how you will rate the games in the end.

Also for me 7-8 ain't "rubbish", and I will look into 2.5 star games here, even lower, if they look interesting to me and I gather from the reviews that I won't be hurt too much by what is being critizised. However, as with any form of entertainment - TV series, movies, books, non adult games - there are gazillion options and I will not be able to play all of them, not even a significant percentage - and why go for the 7 if I can have an 8? Still, a 7 is a good game in my eyes (provided I agree with the score), just not good enough to get a time slot.

Jan 31, 2022
I poked around for a bit and didn't see a post on this or might have overlooked it when skimming and doing a find, about how much playtime is in the game at the moment?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I poked around for a bit and didn't see a post on this or might have overlooked it when skimming and doing a find, about how much playtime is in the game at the moment?
It will depend a lot on how much stuff you want to get aside from leveling the girls, e. g. catching legendary fishes (matter of taste) or unlocking the Jimmy headpat (strongly recommended). I am bad at judging playtime but for all intents and purposes it already has the volume of some finished games and easily goes into the double digits.

Jan 31, 2022
It will depend a lot on how much stuff you want to get aside from leveling the girls, e. g. catching legendary fishes (matter of taste) or unlocking the Jimmy headpat (strongly recommended). I am bad at judging playtime but for all intents and purposes it already has the volume of some finished games and easily goes into the double digits.
so like 15-50 hours depending on how much you want to do kinda game? just counting progress or 1st time experiences only, not like "how long till I get bored" lol cause i doubt i can even tell when i'd get bored.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
so like 15-50 hours depending on how much you want to do kinda game? just counting progress or 1st time experiences only, not like "how long till I get bored" lol cause i doubt i can even tell when i'd get bored.
Possibly more. As I said I don't keep track. I played a lot more and had fun most of the time, but I am a slow player in general.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes