Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
We already know who Elizabeth and Ari are to the MC. By extension it is pretty obvious who the other family members are too. So this IC patch, why didn't the creator of it, change the relationships and the NAMES of certain individuals in this case just the mom and aunts? This would apply to both the mc and his sister. Son calls his mom Elizabeth when in fact he should be calling her mom all of the time since that is what she is to him. I wish I knew how to make these patches and use the right code, its frustrating as hell at times.
Just a minor side note: not everybody calls ther parents mom and dad and variations thereof. I do, but within my friends I have quite a few who address their parents by first name. It may be a cultural thing and is certainly rarer than the other but "should be calling her" is only for immersion purposes.

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
We already know who Elizabeth and Ari are to the MC. By extension it is pretty obvious who the other family members are too. So this IC patch, why didn't the creator of it, change the relationships and the NAMES of certain individuals in this case just the mom and aunts? This would apply to both the mc and his sister. Son calls his mom Elizabeth when in fact he should be calling her mom all of the time since that is what she is to him. I wish I knew how to make these patches and use the right code, its frustrating as hell at times.
Patches that turn the dialogue into "Hello, Son.", "Oh, Mother is in the living room!", and "Brother I can't believe you put that thing into Mother!" objectively make the game worse. Like you've wondered into some Stepford sex cult with how robotic it feels.

Reactions: doarcutine

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
It's been a while since I played but I'm pretty sure the MC and Ari DO call Elizibeth "mother" or some variant and call Leticia "Aunt Leticia"? I feel like I would have noticed otherwise.
Patches that turn the dialogue into "Hello, Son.", "Oh, Mother is in the living room!", and "Brother I can't believe you put that thing into Mother!" objectively make the game worse. Like you've wondered into some Stepford sex cult with how robotic it feels.
You're completely right that constantly using "son" or "brother" in the place of a person's name is unnatural. (in regards to family that is) Good thing no one asked for that.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It's been a while since I played but I'm pretty sure the MC and Ari DO call Elizibeth "mother" or some variant and call Leticia "Aunt Leticia"? I feel like I would have noticed otherwise.

You're completely right that constantly using "son" or "brother" in the place of a person's name is unnatural. (in regards to family that is) Good thing no one asked for that.
To be fair, using the name every other sentence sounds stepfordian, too. I had one experience while shopping where a father spoke to his daughter and used her name in every sentence. "Do you want a chocolate Bar, Laura? This one, Laura? You did not like that one, Laura. You liked this better, Laura". It was pretty unnerving (although funny, too).

Reactions: Bob Jared

doarcutine

Feb 4, 2021
For me one of the things that differentiates this h-game from the rest is the sequence of images and animations every scene and interaction. They're plenty, good quality, well placed and sometimes really creative, they are great. I hope that the game stays hentai focused.

Nov 24, 2019
Add the following code where the prologue ends (right after clicking the bed):
Python:
    scene black
    show expression Text("{font=Marcellus.ttf}And then, they lived happy thereafter.{/font}") at truecenter
    with fade
    pause
    scene black
    show expression Text("{font=Fabiana.ttf}Fin{/font}") at truecenter
    with fade
    pause
    return
Done, you now have a full game and can go harass someone else.

Besides, several games and books release their works one chapter at a time. The difference being that you download them separately. Remember to blame Tolkien on the way out because LotR had three volumes.

(You just admitted that you're not targeting these forums users, I can't see your posts as anything better than trolling right now. Don't be surprised I stopped giving you proper answers).

Also, Komisari , have you ever thought instead of calling it "v0.1.3", calling it "Ch 1"? I don't think neither Ren'Py nor F95Zone force you to follow the dot convention, and less people whining this way. But do as you will, if you already considered this idea it is fine.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
The only thing that I'm accusing this guy of is deliberately prolonging the amount of time it takes for him to do more regular updates in order to get more profit and the amount of content he's been showing with the sneak peeks isn't enough justification for 1.5 years. Either that or he's just lazy.
I can get more profit BY posting more regular updates. Not delaying them for 1.5 years... Every day and every month my Patreon count gets lower and lower, I get less and less money, and I understand it perfectly. If people don't like the way I update the game they can just leave my Patreon, once the update is posted, the new players will be the judges if they decide to start supporting my work, and old players will decide if they keep supporting me or not.

But yeah, you're wrong on this, I can get a lot more money by posting more regular but smaller updates if I wanted "profit" as you say.

By the way, HHG is entirely free, and most of the people who pledge RN are doing it because they love the game and they wanna support the project, not because they wanna have a premium version of the game that is not available for normal public, god, they don't even ask me for the custom image/animation I offer. So your anti-komi-scam-campaign it's pretty much useless, It's not like I'm saying "Yeah guys, pledge before March and you will get the alpha in... Soon TM! Look at all these sneak peeks I made especially for this occasion, look at all these gameplay additions and changes I made in filmora!"

There are much better ways of getting extremely big profit by doing nothing or little, deliberately extending the update by 1.5 years because of the "profit" is a really, really bad accusation xD

I'll defend my work one last time but summarized; It's taking the time it's taking because the quality from previous versions skyrocketed, making events takes quite a while compared to before, but they look amazing and that's really nice. Plus I reworked a lot of stuff like fishing, made a lot of items, literally implemented a dungeon system like Sakura Dungeons but made it better and completely random, I even worked on a concept for combat and a lot of cool stuff. (And all of this is published in an exclusive channel called "Development Daily Books" for $20+ patrons, where I posted daily about the development and I posted about all those systems). Not counting I'm BEGINNER in programming. I never worked as a programmer and started programming with HHG. So I guess you think all those elements would take half a month for a single person that is being introduced to coding and it's working on the game. And I'm not using an engine like Unity where you get tutorials for every single thing you wanna do. But hey, profit!
I'm seeing it coming already so I'm going to say it; If for some reason you think I'm adding stuff that is unnecessary for the game, based on your judgment like you did with the 3D stuff I decided to work on/add, then I am pleased to announce you that I'm trying to do something different that, hopefully, will be better in the long run.

Between "deliberately extending" the development time for "profit" and "adding unnecessary" stuff like 3D objects and accessories for the characters to look more original and charismatic, I don't know what's worse. Just go all-in and say you think I'm a scammer already, don't step between the lines xD

But hey, to be honest, I would understand if you accuse me of being a lazy developer. I'm kinda lazy... so... yeah.

PD: This is the last time I'm answering this user. As I say, I believe everyone should have their opinion about stuff and, when I answer, I always do it DEFENDING MY WORK; Posting pictures for "proof" or just explaining the situation a little bit better. NOT FOR THE USER I'M ANSWERING TO UNDERSTAND, but for others to have another view of the situation and to judge by themselves. I'm sure this user couldn't care less by all the explanations I did, he couldn't care less what I added or what I changed, he even couldn't care less about the images I posted. But other users might care, so, when I answer these types of users and give a full PDF with an explanation, it's not for him, but for the other user, that judges the situation from outside.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
PD: This is the last time I'm answering this user. As I say, I believe everyone should have their opinion about stuff and, when I answer, I always do it DEFENDING MY WORK; Posting pictures for "proof" or just explaining the situation a little bit better. NOT FOR THE USER I'M ANSWERING TO UNDERSTAND, but for others to have another view of the situation and to judge by themselves. I'm sure this user couldn't care less by all the explanations I did, he couldn't care less what I added or what I changed, he even couldn't care less about the images I posted. But other users might care, so, when I answer these types of users and give a full PDF with an explanation, it's not for him, but for the other user, that judges the situation from outside.
Honestly, that's important, and similar to the reason that I respond to posts like theirs on forums where I enjoy the game. Not because I think I'm going to change the mind of the person posting, but so that other readers can see that there are other opinions.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I can get more profit BY posting more regular updates. Not delaying them for 1.5 years... Every day and every month my Patreon count gets lower and lower, I get less and less money, and I understand it perfectly. If people don't like the way I update the game they can just leave my Patreon, once the update is posted, the new players will be the judges if they decide to start supporting my work, and old players will decide if they keep supporting me or not.

But yeah, you're wrong on this, I can get a lot more money by posting more regular but smaller updates if I wanted "profit" as you say.

By the way, HHG is entirely free, and most of the people who pledge RN are doing it because they love the game and they wanna support the project, not because they wanna have a premium version of the game that is not available for normal public, god, they don't even ask me for the custom image/animation I offer. So your anti-komi-scam-campaign it's pretty much useless, It's not like I'm saying "Yeah guys, pledge before March and you will get the alpha in... Soon TM! Look at all these sneak peeks I made especially for this occasion, look at all these gameplay additions and changes I made in filmora!"

There are much better ways of getting extremely big profit by doing nothing or little, deliberately extending the update by 1.5 years because of the "profit" is a really, really bad accusation xD

I'll defend my work one last time but summarized; It's taking the time it's taking because the quality from previous versions skyrocketed, making events takes quite a while compared to before, but they look amazing and that's really nice. Plus I reworked a lot of stuff like fishing, made a lot of items, literally implemented a dungeon system like Sakura Dungeons but made it better and completely random, I even worked on a concept for combat and a lot of cool stuff. (And all of this is published in an exclusive channel called "Development Daily Books" for $20+ patrons, where I posted daily about the development and I posted about all those systems). Not counting I'm BEGINNER in programming. I never worked as a programmer and started programming with HHG. So I guess you think all those elements would take half a month for a single person that is being introduced to coding and it's working on the game. And I'm not using an engine like Unity where you get tutorials for every single thing you wanna do. But hey, profit!
I'm seeing it coming already so I'm going to say it; If for some reason you think I'm adding stuff that is unnecessary for the game, based on your judgment like you did with the 3D stuff I decided to work on/add, then I am pleased to announce you that I'm trying to do something different that, hopefully, will be better in the long run.

Between "deliberately extending" the development time for "profit" and "adding unnecessary" stuff like 3D objects and accessories for the characters to look more original and charismatic, I don't know what's worse. Just go all-in and say you think I'm a scammer already, don't step between the lines xD

But hey, to be honest, I would understand if you accuse me of being a lazy developer. I'm kinda lazy... so... yeah.

The quality of writing, girls, renders etc. was already good - but I'll take any "unnecessary" improvements and add-ons you want to include in the game to make it even better than it already is! :love:

Who bitches about good things getting better anyway? :unsure:

AlphaCanuck

May 11, 2018
Can someone tell me what the Extra content cg is
And also where to put it in the game files

Oh And also cant wait for the next update really enjoy this game (Wish I could support on patreon but I cant really afford it RN)

xnunu

Jul 14, 2020
Curious how most comments from that conversation were deleted but not from one person. Food for thought.

All is ask is for people out there to rethink where and to who they put their money. If it is to games that will get a full release in whenever they feel like it, maybe 50 years from now, or to devs who have some sort of roadmap for a stable project. Planning is everything. Specially in video games.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Curious how most comments from that conversation were deleted but not from one person. Food for thought.
I thought you delete your comments, I do not agree with the deletion of such comments, no matter who they are from. I don't think your comments are hate or troll, you simply have a strong position on an idea.

So, sad they got deleted.

Nov 24, 2019
I thought you delete your comments, I do not agree with the deletion of such comments, no matter who they are from. I don't think your comments are hate or troll, you simply have a strong position on an idea.

So, sad they got deleted.
Likely rule #11 in effect, I mean, chatting if Komisari is worth supporting or not is not really a discussion about Hero's Harem Guild waifus. In the end, Patreon is very clear that you're supporting the person, not the project, hence the recurrent payments (If you think about it, a $5 patron pays in a year more than a full game) and ergo, discussion about it is off-topic for the game section.

...In other words, the threads got deleted because there was no Lucy on them!
Unforgivable.

Reactions: HogRocket

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
If nothing else, we were assured it was definitely coming out this year. One month is already gone, so we only have to wait for, at most, 11 more. We already (barely) survived over a year without Lucy, what's 11 months more? :HideThePain: he says, as a lone tear rolls down his face

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Likely rule #11 in effect, I mean, chatting if Komisari is worth supporting or not is not really a discussion about Hero's Harem Guild waifus. In the end, Patreon is very clear that you're supporting the person, not the project, hence the recurrent payments (If you think about it, a $5 patron pays in a year more than a full game) and ergo, discussion about it is off-topic for the game section.

...In other words, the threads got deleted because there was no Lucy on them!
Unforgivable.
....and a thread without Lucy is like a day without sunshine.....

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes