Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Curious how most comments from that conversation were deleted but not from one person. Food for thought.
Probably just a question of (good or bad) timing. I was answering your last post when I needed just one more quote, opened the thread in another window and everything had disappeared, so I cancelled my reply. Komisari's post was just a minute after that, so he probably had everything he needed and just hit the "post reply" (now I almost wrote "post renpy" ...) right after that. So he still got all the quotes he needed and just had accidentally hit the right time to do it.

WawWaw

Aug 13, 2020
I can get more profit BY posting more regular updates. Not delaying them for 1.5 years... Every day and every month my Patreon count gets lower and lower, I get less and less money, and I understand it perfectly. If people don't like the way I update the game they can just leave my Patreon, once the update is posted, the new players will be the judges if they decide to start supporting my work, and old players will decide if they keep supporting me or not.

But yeah, you're wrong on this, I can get a lot more money by posting more regular but smaller updates if I wanted "profit" as you say.

By the way, HHG is entirely free, and most of the people who pledge RN are doing it because they love the game and they wanna support the project, not because they wanna have a premium version of the game that is not available for normal public, god, they don't even ask me for the custom image/animation I offer. So your anti-komi-scam-campaign it's pretty much useless, It's not like I'm saying "Yeah guys, pledge before March and you will get the alpha in... Soon TM! Look at all these sneak peeks I made especially for this occasion, look at all these gameplay additions and changes I made in filmora!"

There are much better ways of getting extremely big profit by doing nothing or little, deliberately extending the update by 1.5 years because of the "profit" is a really, really bad accusation xD

I'll defend my work one last time but summarized; It's taking the time it's taking because the quality from previous versions skyrocketed, making events takes quite a while compared to before, but they look amazing and that's really nice. Plus I reworked a lot of stuff like fishing, made a lot of items, literally implemented a dungeon system like Sakura Dungeons but made it better and completely random, I even worked on a concept for combat and a lot of cool stuff. (And all of this is published in an exclusive channel called "Development Daily Books" for $20+ patrons, where I posted daily about the development and I posted about all those systems). Not counting I'm BEGINNER in programming. I never worked as a programmer and started programming with HHG. So I guess you think all those elements would take half a month for a single person that is being introduced to coding and it's working on the game. And I'm not using an engine like Unity where you get tutorials for every single thing you wanna do. But hey, profit!
I'm seeing it coming already so I'm going to say it; If for some reason you think I'm adding stuff that is unnecessary for the game, based on your judgment like you did with the 3D stuff I decided to work on/add, then I am pleased to announce you that I'm trying to do something different that, hopefully, will be better in the long run.

Between "deliberately extending" the development time for "profit" and "adding unnecessary" stuff like 3D objects and accessories for the characters to look more original and charismatic, I don't know what's worse. Just go all-in and say you think I'm a scammer already, don't step between the lines xD

But hey, to be honest, I would understand if you accuse me of being a lazy developer. I'm kinda lazy... so... yeah.

PD: This is the last time I'm answering this user. As I say, I believe everyone should have their opinion about stuff and, when I answer, I always do it DEFENDING MY WORK; Posting pictures for "proof" or just explaining the situation a little bit better. NOT FOR THE USER I'M ANSWERING TO UNDERSTAND, but for others to have another view of the situation and to judge by themselves. I'm sure this user couldn't care less by all the explanations I did, he couldn't care less what I added or what I changed, he even couldn't care less about the images I posted. But other users might care, so, when I answer these types of users and give a full PDF with an explanation, it's not for him, but for the other user, that judges the situation from outside.
You'll get more dis-empowering comments than those that are empowering. Take me as a case, I like your project but never commented on this forum to express my great experience with it. Yes, I'm a bit annoyed by the lag of updates, but I can appreciate that you're a human who has a life full of stuff; you're not a machine who's built for my own arrogant satisfaction.
Anyway, get your ass moving you lazy bum and we're looking forward to your next wonderful updates :poop:

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
I think most people understand your update strategy and we all know just how much work you have put in and huge the game is already. That said I think you’ll find less people constantly asking questions when the game will drop if you provide a general update date ie w/in the next 6 months, weeks, or days lol. It’s up to you maybe you need a unique situation where you can motivate yourself to work but a lot of people are constantly pestering you because they kinda have to.

LecherousFox

Dec 9, 2020
My English is very poor, you may not understand what I want to express, but I still use words that even I can't understand to say my thoughts:

As a game translator, I also suffer from some annoying things, people are always urging me to update the game quickly, but I'm just a translator. I received frequent urgings. At the beginning, I would actively reply that "the original author has not updated it", and it gradually became numb over time.

These resentful people usually compare you with other game creators, because other creators mostly update once a month or every week, and many games just rely on accumulating words and pictures, they can't understand and create some games. Content that requires a technical level is time consuming, the game you create contains a lot of detail, I can understand that writing code is a brain-intensive process that requires constant learning of new technologies, and writing gripping stories and moving emotional segments also requires time to think.

And people often don't realize it: everything should be at the discretion of the game writer, because we're just takers. But someone has to want to be the master of the author, hoping to change the author's opinion after a few scoldings.
Yes, the authors have indeed changed. They have taught more authors to cherish life and stay away from game sharing.

In any case, don't put too much pressure on yourself and take your time.

Finally, I would like to ask, will multilingual support be enhanced? In many places, translators need to manually add "__()" to the script to export the translation string in renpy (it becomes troublesome after the version is updated), you can add "X" in the script as well as possible in advance ?
I don't know if my technology is too bad, my understanding of multilingual support is this: single underscore plus brackets does not ensure that the text is translated, double underscore plus brackets must be used, a small amount of content may even use double underscore plus brackets Cannot be translated, must be translated manually in the source code.
If HHG can provide a convenient and fast environment for multi-language support, I believe that I will receive translation files from various countries soon, but I really don’t know if the translation process is troublesome because of my lack of technology or the wrong translation method.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Hey LecherousFox, first of all, thank you so much for everything you said.

These resentful people usually compare you with other game creators, because other creators mostly update once a month or every week, and many games just rely on accumulating words and pictures, they can't understand and create some games. Content that requires a technical level is time-consuming, the game you create contains a lot of detail, I can understand that writing code is a brain-intensive process that requires constant learning of new technologies, and writing gripping stories and moving emotional segments also requires time to think.
And, an extra thank you for this segment. I said already a couple of times that I don't want my game to just accumulate images and words, as you said. I'm planning for 30/40/45 hours of story, plus the gameplay. This requires a lot of planning in advance and, of course, I want those 30/40 hours of words and images to have the BEST quality possible. My goal is to FINISH a game, I want to reach v1.0, not making the game larger and larger until there's no soul on this planet who would complete the game. Sadly, some people don't seem to understand that. I want people to finish the game and beg me for mooooooreee!.

Finally, I would like to ask, will multilingual support be enhanced? In many places, translators need to manually add "__()" to the script to export the translation string in renpy (it becomes troublesome after the version is updated), you can add "X" in the script as well as possible in advance ?
I don't know if my technology is too bad, my understanding of multilingual support is this: single underscore plus brackets does not ensure that the text is translated, double underscore plus brackets must be used, a small amount of content may even use double underscore plus brackets Cannot be translated, must be translated manually in the source code.
If HHG can provide a convenient and fast environment for multi-language support, I believe that I will receive translation files from various countries soon, but I really don’t know if the translation process is troublesome because of my lack of technology or the wrong translation method.
Yes! Definitely! I'm already working on it. I started adding the _() to the strings since v0.1.0 or v0.1.1.
I use a mix between _() and __(). I prefer _() because I already know how to translate them at the moment when the string appears on the screens. Developers have to use [variableofthestring!t], the !t is needed for the translation to apply the effect. Most of the devs don't use this. (I even didn't know about it)
But! I think I will change everything to __(), and force the user to restart the game. _() works without restarting but, as you said, some strings have a couple of problems with it.

I also added a way for the translator to put the translation folder in the "tl" folder and the game recognizes it automatically, so you can try it at any moment.

ALLLSOO, I'm working on a system for the translator to, when he is trying the translation in the game, be able to quickly edit lines in-game. You press a button and the line appears in-game, you modify it there and it gets modified in the file automatically. It's mostly to fix some translation errors more than just translating the game.

ALLLSO I'm thinking of a way for translators to click somewhere in the game and receive the raw translation folder with all the strings. I think the translators have already a way to do this, but I have no idea. If they do, I might skip this. But I believe that the game auto recognizing the tl folder and being able to fix some stuff in-game can be pretty good.

The only thing I have left to do is maybe work on the font system of the game a bit to change fonts based on the language, you know, Russian, Chinese, etc.

Everything will be done for translators to work smoothly, once the game is done, I want HHG to have all the possible languages xD

Nov 24, 2019
And people often don't realize it: everything should be at the discretion of the game writer, because we're just takers. But someone has to want to be the master of the author, hoping to change the author's opinion after a few scoldings.
Yes, the authors have indeed changed. They have taught more authors to cherish life and stay away from game sharing.
but without executives.

That's just not using the function properly.

is to not translate until displayed, so it can be used internally in a somewhat safe way. You must use !t attribute when it should be shown translated.

translates it immediately, so it is not safe for internal script usage but you don't need !t attribute. If you're e.g. printing the variable, you should use this one instead of a single underscore.

There's also _p() for paragraphs, and its misuse causes paragraphs blocks to not be translated properly.

PS. If I recall correctly, you also can use __(_("something")) as an expansion of var=_("something"); print(__(var)); ─ the single underscore tells Ren'Py to support translating but to not translate it, the double underscores are what tells Ren'Py to actually translate it. In some scenarios, you'll need this expansion. There's also some hacks if both fail ─ just read the documentation.

Last edited:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hey LecherousFox, first of all, thank you so much for everything you said.

I want people to finish the game and beg me for mooooooreee!.
You thought we wouldn't catch this didn't you -

" and beg me for mooooooreee!."

but my laser-vision-eagle-eyes caught it right away!

Ok, I was gonna do it anyway, so I'll go ahead and start now.......

PleaseMore1.gif PleaseMore2.gif PleaseMore3.gif PleaseMore4.gif please-please-we-want-some.gif IWantMore1.gif IWantMore2.gif puppy-dog-eyes-sad.gif please-begging.gif beg-sad.gif BurnsBegging.gif

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This Thread consists of two parts. People asking for the next release and Komisari making excuses. Its like a well oiled machine that does the same thing over and over, doesn't matter how much time passes.
Komisari isn't "making excuses" - that's a thing you do when you faulted people. Nobody (well, almost nobody, a few Patreons are around) here is owed anything. He just explains his position.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
To switch to a lighter topic, any details on what the fishing has been reworked into? I've always liked fishing as a minigame but it was not doing my wrist favors in this lol. Something like Stardew's would be cool as an example. (And on the fishing note, more fish shop girl please.)

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
To switch to a lighter topic, any details on what the fishing has been reworked into? I've always liked fishing as a minigame but it was not doing my wrist favors in this lol. Something like Stardew's would be cool as an example. (And on the fishing note, more fish shop girl please.)
The fishing has been reworked code-side. In short, it works better as it should, it looks a little bit better but the mechanics are the same.

4eecfb9ccb74f14b31f5a53b25c901ac.gif

I would really like to rework the fishing to something more "relaxing", like the RDR2 or Sea Of Thieves fishing. Where you have to reel at some specific moments and move the rod to the left or right based on the fish position.
I would prefer if the players would have to REALLY fight with the fish, and for the fish to be somewhat valuable. I don't like that players have to reel 24/7 at maximum speed.

But yeah, for now, it will stay like this for a while. I'll try to look for another mini-game to take this circular mouse gameplay so circular mouse gameplay lovers and osu players :Kappa:are happy with the changes of fishing.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
A worn boot huh... fishing will never change, no matter where you do it. :KEK:

Maybe one day we'll be able to fish out Lucy's long lost undergarments which will inevitably (and somehow) lead to the hottest, filthiest 18+ rated scene in the history of adult gaming, right there in the middle of town because why not.
let me dream goshdarnit.

Jan 15, 2021
Komisari isn't "making excuses" - that's a thing you do when you faulted people. Nobody (well, almost nobody, a few Patreons are around) here is owed anything. He just explains his position.
Based on your ideas of who owns whom Komisari doesn't even owe Patreons. After all you merely support him for what he does, whatever that is. So you support him for one year doing doing nothing but "sneak peeks." Which he doesn't even owe you either.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Based on your ideas of who owns whom Komisari doesn't even owe Patreons. After all you merely support him for what he does, whatever that is. So you support him for one year doing doing nothing but "sneak peeks." Which he doesn't even owe you either.
You're not even wrong, unless he promises stuff to Patreons they aren't owed anything either.

Nov 24, 2019
You're not even wrong, unless he promises stuff to Patreons they aren't owed anything either.
As a curiosity, in countries with "expectation" clauses in their contract laws, if he promises something to patrons and

1- Fail to deliver. He may be liable to consequential damages, even if it was a verbal promise;
2- The patrons fail to request it (like custom art). He is not legally required to fulfill the promise, even if it was written and signed.

The more you know.

Rationale: Contract Law is based more on assumptions than form. If he promises something, he creates an expectation that it'll be done, and this usually prevails if the user request a refund to a Court. Likewise, if he promised Patrons something, but they never ask for it, the patrons create an expectation that they'll never ask for it again, and this also prevails even if there was an agreement. Exception be made when it constitutes the entirety of the agreement. This is why contracts usually come with both a "NO WAIVER" and "NO LIABILITY" clause. Again ─ the more you know.

RasenRengar

Apr 3, 2018
1644617713812.png

Nope She is not here, could someone tell me how can i find Fara at market at noon I stuck or a save file could help a lot.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes