Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I did! But she is not there also there is no tavern/pub either. Here the save file, check it yourself if you don't believe me .
I just checked. Remember you can right-click to see everything you can interact with or where you can move.
Go to the market entrance -> To the front -> To the right.
Edit: Remember the event it's at noon, the save was... well... "saved" at the morning.

LecherousFox

Dec 9, 2020
but without executives.

That's just not using the function properly.

is to not translate until displayed, so it can be used internally in a somewhat safe way. You must use !t attribute when it should be shown translated.

translates it immediately, so it is not safe for internal script usage but you don't need !t attribute. If you're e.g. printing the variable, you should use this one instead of a single underscore.

There's also _p() for paragraphs, and its misuse causes paragraphs blocks to not be translated properly.

PS. If I recall correctly, you also can use __(_("something")) as an expansion of var=_("something"); print(__(var)); ─ the single underscore tells Ren'Py to support translating but to not translate it, the double underscores are what tells Ren'Py to actually translate it. In some scenarios, you'll need this expansion. There's also some hacks if both fail ─ just read the documentation.
Thank you for your answer, I am ashamed to say, I only learned about the existence of "_()" after doing game translation for a year. Before that, I have been manually modifying the original text into the translated text in the source code. My confusion is mainly due to my poor English level. I can only use software translation to browse Renpy's documents and posts, which is very slow and causes a lot of misunderstandings. If I knew in middle school that poor English would put a lot of pressure on programming in the future, I wouldn't be drooling while sleeping in English class.

I think I can understand the difference between "_()" and "__()". Double underscores will be treated as translations when they are processed inside the script. For example, when using an if statement, the judged variables should use single underscores instead of using them. Double underscore, "_p()" has the same function as "_()", it is just used to mark multi-line texts, am I right?
But I don't understand "!t". The development documentation seems to describe it briefly. The exclamation mark means negation in programming, but does the "!t" here make it clear that this variable needs to be translated? So what is the difference between it and "_()"?
Also, in your example, it seems that variables can also use underscores? I always thought that only strings would do. And I don't understand, what does it mean to use both single and double underscores for a string?
Finally, the "Reverse languages" function has no effect after using it. Isn't it converting the translated text with the text in the source code?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Komisari

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
But I don't understand "!t". The development documentation seems to describe it briefly. The exclamation mark means negation in programming, but does the "!t" here make it clear that this variable needs to be translated?
I believe that '!t' means that the variable that is being injected by the '[brackets]' should be translated before it is inserted. The example given is 'mood', which is not a proper noun like a name (which is the most common use of variable insertion and typically would not be translated I think).

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Komisari
Nov 24, 2019
I think I can understand the difference between "_()" and "__()". Double underscores will be treated as translations when they are processed inside the script. For example, when using an if statement, the judged variables should use single underscores instead of using them. Double underscore, "_p()" has the same function as "_()", it is just used to mark multi-line texts, am I right?
But I don't understand "!t". The development documentation seems to describe it briefly. The exclamation mark means negation in programming, but does the "!t" here make it clear that this variable needs to be translated? So what is the difference between it and "_()"?
Also, in your example, it seems that variables can also use underscores? I always thought that only strings would do. And I don't understand, what does it mean to use both single and double underscores for a string?
Finally, the "Reverse languages" function has no effect after using it. Isn't it converting the translated text with the text in the source code?
Exclamation Marks are only negation in C-inspired languages (most of them, but not all). Python uses the not keyword for negation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For short, Python barely enforces proper naming, _() is a function just like any other in python. There's no hidden arcane meaning (unlike some other languages), it just signals Ren'Py that it should include whatever argument on the translation list.

Of course, if the argument is not a string, Ren'Py won't be able to add it to the translation list, but as long that the argument resolves to a string during run-time, it is perfectly valid code.

As for the specific "!t":
I believe that '!t' means that the variable that is being injected by the '[brackets]' should be translated before it is inserted. The example given is 'mood', which is not a proper noun like a name (which is the most common use of variable insertion and typically would not be translated I think).
Is correct.

By last, regarding Reverse Translations: This is a really specific feature, and rarely used.
Imagine the game is in english, and has a full translation to spanish. You know spanish, but not english, and want to translate the game to portuguese. That's what Reverse Translations is for ─ It can give you the spanish strings as "original" (instead of the english ones), so you can make your translation based in another translation, instead of the base language.
This is so specific and rarely used, if it still works. It might be broken and no one would notice.

(Actually, it probably only works when merging strings, when you try to merge a translation, if the "old" text doesn't matches, it refuses the merge, this setting should allow the merge to pass as long that "old" text is present in the other language.)

Now that coding talk is over, we can go to the really important thing which I would like to bring to everyone's attention today:
It is Valentine's Day! To which waifu in HHG will you gift chocolate for?!

I'm curious to see who would receive more chocolate this year.

Reactions: LecherousFox

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Now that coding talk is over, we can go to the really important thing which I would like to bring to everyone's attention today:

Personally Fara would definitely get the gift … but that’s because she definitively checks my obedient “pleaser” kink checkboxes … Lin from HH is exactly the same answer … sweet, kind, and do absolutely anything to please.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

Yes.....wait, you mean only one?....pffft, amateur!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Most of them, but Lucy and Luna would get the biggest boxes of catnip chocolates. Next would be Fara, Evie, Rebecca, Sunny, Leticia, Maria, and Elizabeth, and Delilah (no catnip for them, not sure they'd enjoy it) . Not as into Shina, but she'd get a small box of liquor filled chocolates. Ari would get nothing, because, as of right now, she's a cock-blocking little yandere pain in the ass. Next update might redeem her but if she keeps getting between Lucy and the MC, she's gonna get a spanking!

My main wingman Jimmy would get a bottle of premium bourbon, a box of fine cigars, and some armor polish. Gotta take care of my Bro!!:cool::ROFLMAO:

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019

Most of them, but Lucy and Luna would get the biggest boxes of catnip chocolates. Next would be Fara, Evie, Rebecca, Sunny, Leticia, Maria, and Elizabeth, and Delilah (no catnip for them, not sure they'd enjoy it) . Not as into Shina, but she'd get a small box of liquor filled chocolates. Ari would get nothing, because, as of right now, she's a cock-blocking little yandere pain in the ass. Next update might redeem her but if she keeps getting between Lucy and the MC, she's gonna get a spanking!

My main wingman Jimmy would get a bottle of premium bourbon, a box of fine cigars, and some armor polish. Gotta take care of my Bro!!:cool::ROFLMAO:
Pstt... Jimmy needs new boots :WeSmart:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Nah, Ari just needs some love to come around.

And I would substitute a fine Single Malt Scotch for the bourbon, Jimmy is a man of taste :)

Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Is this game dead? Been 2 years since an update.
1) 15 months is not 2 years (pedantic, but true)
2) read this thread and you'll find that the active dev posts a lot and there is an update coming larger than the game so far in the near future. If people will quit asking if the game is dead, Komisari will have more time to develop the game.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
1) 15 months is not 2 years (pedantic, but true)
2) read this thread and you'll find that the active dev posts a lot and there is an update coming larger than the game so far in the near future. If people will quit asking if the game is dead, Komisari will have more time to develop the game.
1) Not pedantic whatsoever. If it was actually 1 year and 11 months maybe, but at 15 months it's not even close to 2 years.
2) Indeed. Let Komisari do the work already! :p

RasenRengar

Apr 3, 2018
I just checked. Remember you can right-click to see everything you can interact with or where you can move.
Go to the market entrance -> To the front -> To the right.
Edit: Remember the event it's at noon, the save was... well... "saved" at the morning.
Oh WOW I saved at the Morning? Really? So I'm too dumb to pass the time and make it to noon? Nope I checked her at the whole Market area in noon again again and again everyday but still She's not there, I've already wasted enough time on this game. I will stay away from this game until this bug is fixed.

1644963976954.png

1644964109147.png

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes