Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Honestly so far the only thing that I really dislike about the game is that you changed the quests from being done in ingame to real time.
But the rest is really good. I look forward to it to play next chapter.

Reactions: WSmith

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Honestly so far the only thing that I really dislike about the game is that you changed the quests from being done in ingame to real time.
But the rest is really good. I look forward to it to play next chapter.
By quests you mean Guild Board? I did it like this because I don't think sending girls to work and consecutive click "pass time" a lot of times it's... funny. At least not a little bit challenging, it's just nonsense grinding. So, I decided to put the Guild Board as an optional passive-income way of getting money, but with real time.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
By quests you mean Guild Board? I did it like this because I don't think sending girls to work and consecutive click "pass time" a lot of times it's... funny. At least not a little bit challenging, it's just nonsense grinding. So, I decided to put the Guild Board as an optional passive-income way of getting money, but with real time.
Yes this. Because just having the board as a passive real time income is to much immersionbreaking for me as it breaks the connection between the intime economy and what you get. And as mad as this sounds, this simple clicking whas at least for me fun. Has something of a manager or an idle game where in the morning I send them out and welcome them back when the day's work is over.
But this is now for spoiled because of Pecunia ex nihilo.
Or other said, before it feels like members did real work and this is the fruit of labor, now I just got money with a cheat.
I do not know how others think of it but for me this change whas like changeing the combat in WoW from WotLK to Cata.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Yes this. Because just having the board as a passive real time income is to much immersionbreaking for me as it breaks the connection between the intime economy and what you get. And as mad as this sounds, this simple clicking whas at least for me fun. Has something of a manager or an idle game where in the morning I send them out and welcome them back when the day's work is over.
Or other said, before it feels like members did real work and this is the fruit of labor, now I just got money with a cheat.
I do not know how others think of it but for me this change whas like changeing the combat in WoW from WotLK to Cata.
I feel exactly the same way. And the argument of "Before it was just clicking and that isn't fun": the only way to make money in the game other than the guild board is with lots of clicking and RSI-movements while fishing. In the end clicking is all we do in the game (mechanically). I would love to see it changed back, because I really play the game for the atmosphere and the story.

Reactions: Konstantinus

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
While I don't have problems with immersion as such coming from this board one way or the other, I gotta admit that I have a somewhat allergic reaction to elements of real time in this way because they have been wrongly used for a long time in some AAA games like Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect Andromeda, and so on. Because they basically meant you couldn't play at the speed you wanted to, binge the game in a few sessions, but should wait a day or so (not the common timeframe but who will set an alarm to continue playing at 6AM when the "missions" are done?). With the seconds and minutes here it isn't the same at all but the reaction is still lingering somewhere, blame Bioware and others.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I feel exactly the same way. And the argument of "Before it was just clicking and that isn't fun": the only way to make money in the game other than the guild board is with lots of clicking and RSI-movements while fishing. In the end clicking is all we do in the game (mechanically). I would love to see it changed back, because I really play the game for the atmosphere and the story.
Mmm... Interesting opinions I haven't even thought so. I would believe that the actual system is maybe a little bit immersive, but yeah, its true that maybe have them collect items based on in-game time its better for the atmosphere.

Mmm... I will definitely make a poll on discord or something to gather the opinion of everyone, I never thought someone may like the previous system for the immersion, but to grind fast.

I definitely not making this real-time system to make the game "grindier", I want to make this game the less grind as possible but also make it funny to play, I don't want to fall in the problem on like 95% on the sandbox games of this site where you click "work" multiple times to get money, you know? That's why, even if the game is based on clicks, fishing, mining, foraging and etc requires a little bit of attention of the player to, at least, have to look for the resources and use the right tools.
I believe that changing the guild board again to the previous version would cause a lot of people to only click pass time, I've already seen it.

But we'll see, the atmosphere and immersion is as important as the gameplay, at least for me!

EDIT; Maybe I can add two options for the player to choose?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
What's on my mind: With the shown mine(?)tunnels and the fact that our protagonist has to train, quasi grind, couldn't you add options to add resources (like fur from monsters or something) that allow to ease the dependency on the board missions and fishing without destroying much of the fiscal stability of the setting?

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
What's on my mind: With the shown mine(?)tunnels and the fact that our protagonist has to train, quasi grind, couldn't you add options to add resources (like fur from monsters or something) that allow to ease the dependency on the board missions and fishing without destroying much of the fiscal stability of the setting?
Sorry, could you ask me this again? My english literally crashed
I didn't understand what was the question, adding fur from monsters and etc would require me adding combat, and... I prefer to wait before that. But I didn't understand what it has to do with the board missions and fishing, I'm sorry

EDIT; Wait, if you are saying that if I'm going to add resources in the "mine tunnels" so you could ease the use of the board, fishing and etc. Yes. The principal idea of the dungeons is to be able to gather much more resources than you would do by normal mining or fishing, mostly, because there's a limit of places where I can make these ores or fish places to be, so, in the dungeons, it is limitless.

Reactions: MrLKX

sofocolin

Sep 2, 2019
The principal idea of the dungeons is to be able to gather much more resources than you would do by normal mining or fishing, mostly, because there's a limit of places where I can make these ores or fish places to be, so, in the dungeons, it is limitless.
I don't know if you've said anything about this before but have you thought about using the resources you get in the dungeons to get materials to upgrade the weapon or make dresses for the girls or something like that? With various levels, I mean like tiers and you have to do more complicated dungeons to get those items (sorry, Lost Ark fucked up my life :HideThePain:). I imagine this has to be complicated and I don't know if people will like it, but I think it could add a lot of gameplay to dungeons when you incorporate combat.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I don't know if you've said anything about this before but have you thought about using the resources you get in the dungeons to get materials to upgrade the weapon or make dresses for the girls or something like that? With various levels, I mean like tiers and you have to do more complicated dungeons to get those items (sorry, Lost Ark fucked up my life :HideThePain:). I imagine this has to be complicated and I don't know if people will like it, but I think it could add a lot of gameplay to dungeons when you incorporate combat.
Yes! Of course, I don't have any concept about combat game-loop yet, but, for now, the dungeons will work for the player to gather resources to sell, use for cooking, crafting, or for town requests but nothing else.
In the future, I would like to incorporate a way for you to upgrade the gear you use in combat and dungeons. I would like to work a lot on different tools for different kinds of tiers/floors for resources on the dungeons.
And I'm still thinking about how to incorporate some kind of "weapon" upgrade without changing the weapon of the protagonist or the girls in a future combat implementation. The weapon of the characters in HHG are really important for the story and they can't change their appearance. So, I have to see how can I handle that in the future, because I really want their weapons to be upgraded.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Yes! Of course, I don't have any concept about combat game-loop yet, but, for now, the dungeons will work for the player to gather resources to sell, use for cooking, crafting, or for town requests but nothing else.
In the future, I would like to incorporate a way for you to upgrade the gear you use in combat and dungeons. I would like to work a lot on different tools for different kinds of tiers/floors for resources on the dungeons.
And I'm still thinking about how to incorporate some kind of "weapon" upgrade without changing the weapon of the protagonist or the girls in a future combat implementation. The weapon of the characters in HHG are really important for the story and they can't change their appearance. So, I have to see how can I handle that in the future, because I really want their weapons to be upgraded.
In very broad strokes, then, if they were to absorb some kind of mystical energy, and become more powerful versions of themselves that might be a way to upgrade them. Alternatively a mechanic where enchantments are laid upon the weapons could also work. Either one has its pros and cons, and can have an in game system built around it.

Those seem the most straight forward ways in a fantasy setting of improving a specific weapon without reforging it/changing its appearance, to me.

While it doesn't upgrade the weapon itself, you could, alternatively, provide the characters skill levels they can achieve with the weapons, making them more effective in the characters' hands, and getting a similar result. The weapon isn't better, but becomes more effective because of the skill of the character wielding it.

Just some thoughts that might help.

Reactions: Buff Imposter

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
next update , will there be a use for some things your girls bring back from the pond area .
heaps of slimes antlers and meat at the moment .

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Yeah to each there own but I do like the current time-based system for the board. You can still run around and do other things while the girls do their guild tasks, which I think makes it immersive (for me anyway). I can spend 10 minutes mining and fishing while the guild girls spend 10 minutes doing guild tasks and it feels right. I get the opposite side of the argument though, and yeah adding an option for what you prefer just makes everyone happy.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes