HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
No they're not, HogRocket posted Lucy in shiny clothing which I'll even link for you, that alone counts as a good page in my book.

(Who even reads posts anyway? ...Wait, me.)

There was also discussion about slime delicacies baked by Elizabeth which... I would rather not engage on. Sorry fellas.
We may not know each other, but from this day a Lucy bond signs our friendship
CultofLucy1.png

Maccafloy

May 20, 2020
could someone share his last save please? I already completed the game but I dont want to repeat all game u know.. thanks.

RasenRengar

Apr 3, 2018
You come to this thread asking for help, I tell you to explore more because with just a little bit of curiosity you could get there. (But let's put that aside, because, as you said, you thought that part of the zone was the entrance, like the arrow in the bottom part of the screen)

You give me your save file, I was worried because I thought it was a weird bug. So I checked to help you with your problem.
After checking, I tell you what to do exactly so you can continue playing, remember?

"Go to the market entrance -> To the front -> To the right."
Then, I tell you JUST IN CASE, that the save was saved in the morning. It was like a warning, just in case.

I helped with your problem, I gave you specific instructions and gave you a warning just in case.
"He just tells a little bit about it and gives information about something u already know, which kind of thing makes you very angry", really?

And well, after that is just you getting angry.
I take all advices, that's why I told you that there's a couple of problems with the navigation, some people get lost.
Just, please, stop forcing your mind by telling it that I'm the bad guy who doesn't listen to his users, and please, read what I'm trying to say. I always try to help everyone, for some reason, you decided to skip the part I told you what to do. I'm sorry if you felt attacked but it was not meant to be an attack, just an explanation.
The big part of some of problems is me, I may have been overreact a little. It doesn't concern you but i couldn't last a few months enough so i can be a little beyond endurance. I hope, You improve your game further.

thhawk1

Apr 25, 2017
I understand you want a huge update before updating this game. Could we have a quarter of it because not all of us have mb downloads. Some of us would be happy with a quarter of this big update. Maybe update a character at a time or the mechanics first. Just something so we can enjoy more of this great game.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
The big part of some of problems is me, I may have been overreact a little. It doesn't concern you but i couldn't last a few months enough so i can be a little beyond endurance. I hope, You improve your game further.
Thank you, there is a great improvement in the next update. Whenever its available, please, try it.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I understand you want a huge update before updating this game. Could we have a quarter of it because not all of us have mb downloads. Some of us would be happy with a quarter of this big update. Maybe update a character at a time or the mechanics first. Just something so we can enjoy more of this great game.
Hello! I'm working with someone to make an updater, so; you would only have to download the changes and not all the game everytine there's an update. That's great for both users that need a quick fix in their game or people who have slow downloads.

I wanted to try for the uploader to maybe download only specific parts of the game. For example; Downloading prologue, then chapter 1 and etc.
But that would require me to change completely how HHG works. Its not just images with dialogues, there are systems working together in those images and dialogue, so, for now people will need to require to download the full game. I'm sorry :(

Reactions: HogRocket
Nov 24, 2019
Hello! I'm working with someone to make an updater, so; you would only have to download the changes and not all the game everytine there's an update. That's great for both users that need a quick fix in their game or people who have slow downloads.

I wanted to try for the uploader to maybe download only specific parts of the game. For example; Downloading prologue, then chapter 1 and etc.
But that would require me to change completely how HHG works. Its not just images with dialogues, there are systems working together in those images and dialogue, so, for now people will need to require to download the full game. I'm sorry :(
(I thought you referred to the but guess not)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I have no idea. I've talked with Renpy dev with that, but when trying to apply the web updater to my game gives an error. He says it's because it's big in size, and 2GB is the maximum IIRC
That's bizarre. 2GB isn't really all that big at all. And I can't think of an obvious reason why it shouldn't work like the Android size limit due to filesystem issues. Do you happen to remember what the error was?

Reactions: WSmith

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
That's bizarre. 2GB isn't really all that big at all. And I can't think of an obvious reason why it shouldn't work like the Android size limit due to filesystem issues. Do you happen to remember what the error was?
Well, yeah, 2GB isn't really that big (relatively speaking) but that's the maximum. So it all depends on when you think sizes do get too large.

Nov 24, 2019
I can't immediately think on why for the limit, unless it keeps the whole archive on RAM (Python is unkind to using more than 2GB RAM at once).

Not adler32, tar, zlib, requests library and probably not zsync either, and I don't think Apache or Nginx have such limit either, so it is likely something non-obvious.

(ZSync is the trick, actually, and also why the http restriction, see ─ And yes, it is quite dated, isn't it?)

EDIT: Found your message on Ren'Py Discord (I never check that one...), the error was "CalledProcessError" and it was zsyncmake returning a generic failure error (exit status 1). The problem isn't being over 2GB, it might be given zsync was originally made for 32-bits plataforms (like the computer you used in 2005).

I'm a bit busy to try to do it completely, but just in case, I tried something similar to what failed you but using zsyncmake 0.6.2 for Linux (and a debugger).

Bash:
~/HHGv0.1.2-v0.1.2Beta-pc$ gdb --args zsyncmake -z -u update.gz -o final.zsync moin.tar.gz
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/zsyncmake -z -u update.gz -o final.zsync moin.tar.gz
[Inferior 1 (process 17822) exited normally]
(gdb)
(gdb) bt full
No stack.
(gdb) quit
~/HHGv0.1.2-v0.1.2Beta-pc$  du -sh *
7,6M    final.zsync
2,7G    game
2,6G    moin.tar.gz
2,6G    moin.tar.gz.gz
(moin.tar.gz is a quick compression of the game folder, similar to what Ren'Py is supposed to make before running the specific command)

TL;DR Apparently NO ERROR ─ CANNOT REPRODUCE. It worked in a controlled environment without errors, so it might be Windows-specific, or something failed earlier on, or the version shipped with Ren'Py has some bug, or you were running low on RAM that day, but in either case Web Updater is supposed to work.

Might be worth trying again and using Ren'Py Launcher instead of command-line. Can't do that now/today, though.

Last edited:

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I can't immediately think on why for the limit, unless it keeps the whole archive on RAM (Python is unkind to using more than 2GB RAM at once).

Not adler32, tar, zlib, requests library and probably not zsync either, and I don't think Apache or Nginx have such limit either, so it is likely something non-obvious.

(ZSync is the trick, actually, and also why the http restriction, see ─ And yes, it is quite dated, isn't it?)

EDIT: Found your message on Ren'Py Discord (I never check that one...), the error was "CalledProcessError" and it was zsyncmake returning a generic failure error (exit status 1). The problem isn't being over 2GB, it might be given zsync was originally made for 32-bits plataforms (like the computer you used in 2005).

I'm a bit busy to try to do it completely, but just in case, I tried something similar to what failed you but using zsyncmake 0.6.2 for Linux (and a debugger).

Bash:
~/HHGv0.1.2-v0.1.2Beta-pc$ gdb --args zsyncmake -z -u update.gz -o final.zsync moin.tar.gz
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/zsyncmake -z -u update.gz -o final.zsync moin.tar.gz
[Inferior 1 (process 17822) exited normally]
(gdb)
(gdb) bt full
No stack.
(gdb) quit
~/HHGv0.1.2-v0.1.2Beta-pc$  du -sh *
7,6M    final.zsync
2,7G    game
2,6G    moin.tar.gz
2,6G    moin.tar.gz.gz
(moin.tar.gz is a quick compression of the game folder, similar to what Ren'Py is supposed to make before running the specific command)

TL;DR Apparently NO ERROR ─ CANNOT REPRODUCE. It worked in a controlled environment without errors, so it might be Windows-specific, or something failed earlier on, or the version shipped with Ren'Py has some bug, or you were running low on RAM that day, but in either case Web Updater is supposed to work.

Might be worth trying again and using Ren'Py Launcher instead of command-line. Can't do that now/today, though.
Mmm... I might try again, I used both Renpy launcher and command line. I think the Renpy dev gave me the command line thingy after I tried the renpy launcher multiple times and freeze.
We'll see, I remember he said there was a maximum or something like that. Or maybe I'm dumb.

PD: IIRC I had way less ram at that moment, I now have 32GB so I will definitely try again!

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes