Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Sounds pretty similar to the classical 'heroes', who were interested in their own glory more than saving people. The ones in the Fable games are like that too, a 'Hero' there can be totally evil, not at all heroic. Though in their case being a Hero isn't just a social thing, if you don't have the bloodline you'll never be able to become one.
Exactly. Like what happened in hhg, Leon, the "Hero" of the first town in the game is not exactly the best guy out there xD
But he's still called a Hero and is famous among people.

Reactions: HogRocket

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Exactly. Like what happened in hhg, Leon, the "Hero" of the first town in the game is not exactly the best guy out there xD
Well, at least since Rise of the Shield Hero we know:

"Heroes" are not necessarily good, competent, altruistic and/or intelligent. Every now and then they are the result of more or less fortunate circumstances.

Never underestimate the guy with the shield. Only idiots underestimate tanks.

While I doubt Leon will be packed into an iron maiden, especially not with our protagonists, as the song "Kill Rock 'n Roll" by System of a Down says? Accidents happen (...).

Reactions: Faustin_XXIV

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, it's very clear that they don't use the word 'hero' like we do in modern times. I just wasn't sure if it was just a social thing or a metaphysical one, since Leon seems to be pretty superhuman, wasn't sure if everyone has the potential to get that kind of power in this universe or if it required something special.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Yeah, it's very clear that they don't use the word 'hero' like we do in modern times. I just wasn't sure if it was just a social thing or a metaphysical one, since Leon seems to be pretty superhuman, wasn't sure if everyone has the potential to get that kind of power in this universe or if it required something special.
Well... It's explained in Chapter 1 but you don't necessarily need something special. Every living being has the capacity to learn magic, techniques, or arts and use them.
Some need more practice, and some needs less. Some are inherited, and some are not.
Energy, magic, abilities and etc are normal in HHG, most of the people who fight have them.

EDIT: Well, there IS a "requirement" to do "impressive stuff". Anyone can do SIMPLE stuff, but to go beyond that, there's a requirement. But it's not a limitation, just a requirement that anyone can achieve, it's difficult but achievable.
And if you do the impressive stuff without having that requirement, well, that hurts :LUL:

AntiFlash

Jan 18, 2019
Komisari at least clear up a doubt for me to calm down in the face of this update

Will there be scenes (+18) and a good development with Sunny in this next update?

She is easily my favorite girl in the game.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Komisari at least clear up a doubt for me to calm down in the face of this update

Will there be scenes (+18) and a good development with Sunny in this next update?

She is easily my favorite girl in the game.
He has already said that there will be.

BFC 78

Jan 23, 2022
Komisari the day I played Hero's Harem Guild is the day I fell in love:love: with the story and characters and I love it so much if I had one wish I wish to be isekai into the world of Hero's Harem Guild as MC and who wouldn't wannabe surrounded by beautiful women of all different species that want to make love to you and I am looking forward to the next update is it going to be soon and feels like I am waiting to see my really close friends again after being separated for so long

whynotagain07

Mar 6, 2019
Sup Komisari!

Just checked out your patreon page to see if you are ok and saw hny2022 as well as march post.
Happy that you have learned a lot last year and your stuff looks amazing, but i fear that you will be overtaken by scope creep (especially since duke nukem 4 2001 demo dropped). I hope for the best and hope that's just in my head.
For now i will be waching you from discord.

May our lord and saviour Jimmy guide you!

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
I wonder why this got the abandoned tag? The dev seems very active on here and they mantain that they are currently working on an update.
Because working on things isn't enough to be considered active. Product must be released. We can see that Komisari has been putting in good quality work on this game, but he hasn't released product in a year and a half. This is a very common issue among designers, developers and analysts, even many of the very best ones. This is the reason that managers exist actually.

GarbageCat

Jun 17, 2020
If it avoids the Abandoned tag, why not just release a .9 version with like the first 15 minutes of the update, surely that's been debugged at this point. At least it would shut all these idiots up for a day or two. Swear, about 60% of this thread is someone whining about how long the dev is taking. Are they not aware of the fact there ARE other devs making things that they can look at? Feel like this is targeted because they want to release something that works instead of something they have to fix week to week.

Reactions: Komisari

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
If it avoids the Abandoned tag, why not just release a .9 version with like the first 15 minutes of the update, surely that's been debugged at this point. At least it would shut all these idiots up for a day or two. Swear, about 60% of this thread is someone whining about how long the dev is taking. Are they not aware of the fact there ARE other devs making things that they can look at? Feel like this is targeted because they want to release something that works instead of something they have to fix week to week.
Unfortunately all that would lead to are comments like "1.5 YEARS FOR THIS???!!!?!?" and give way to like 10 pages of outrage and confusion. I've noticed there's a side of this site that loves to shit on any game/dev for really any reason possible. Just is what it is, ignoring it works pretty well for me.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Depending on how Komisari has everything up however, there may not really be a "first 15 minutes". Usually computer programs are not written like novels front to back but you build a framework, fill in blanks, create areas, and may not really have anything to show to the casual observer while having done major progress behind the scenes. Especially in a sandbox game as opposed to a VN. There will also be some work, even if enough is there, to cut off all the loose ends a program invariably has.

Having said that, it should probably still be possible with a bit of extra work, but Komisari also seems to be a perfectionist in this regard.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
at this point the tag doesn't really matter, anyone visiting the topic should at least visit last page and see what's being said, if they don't them it would probably indeed be worse to launch something just to get rid of it. Better to stick with the plan at this point, maybe do some special participation in other games for people to remember it still exists.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes