Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Komisari have you ever thought about after coming out the next update, do a vote with your patrons to know if they would like to keep that game development time or change?
I won't! Because it will definitely change. I don't like this, It's not funny nor it's relaxing thinking that almost two years passed and I'm not yet able to deliver what I wanted to deliver. I said that Hero's Harem Guild is not updating because Chapter 1 is huge, and, I wanted to do the same as the prologue (To be some sort of complete ARC for the story). And that's a lot of work. Delivering something right now would be delivering something half-baked, good, pretty fucking good, but half-baked. I want people to feel like it's a complete game. I do not like that, for one moment to another, you just run out of content with x girl or etc without having a proper final. So yeah, future chapters will have considerably less content and less development time.

In short, I want to make an impact with the next update. The first chapter of HHG.

And how is my beloved Ari? I hope she has screen time in the next update.
She has! Not as much as some other girls who are critical for the Chapter, but she has lots of screen time both in her events and in other girls' events. Her role in Chapter 1 is the training and her relationship with Narissa and the MC... And maybe... just maybe she will be the one who observes Lucy's actions the most.

And I really enjoyed seeing your other posts, nice to see what you have been working on so much.
And don't you think about having another funding place for your game besides patreon? Or is it a problem for you?
To be honest, I would love to make an official page and be able to get funding there. Of course, Patreon is my main income of money and it's helping me a lot, itch.io is the second. But I would love to have an official page.
Suscribestar scares me for some reason xD so I prefer to stay away.

- The page is here, waiting... :WeSmart::WeSmart:

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
I won't! Because it will definitely change. I don't like this, It's not funny nor it's relaxing thinking that almost two years passed and I'm not yet able to deliver what I wanted to deliver. I said that Hero's Harem Guild is not updating because Chapter 1 is huge, and, I wanted to do the same as the prologue (To be some sort of complete ARC for the story). And that's a lot of work. Delivering something right now would be delivering something half-baked, good, pretty fucking good, but half-baked. I want people to feel like it's a complete game. I do not like that, for one moment to another, you just run out of content with x girl or etc without having a proper final. So yeah, future chapters will have considerably less content and less development time.

In short, I want to make an impact with the next update. The first chapter of HHG.
well sadly this post just confirms what i was saying

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
Mmmm.... I don't think I will make a flashback. It is difficult to show everyone's motivation in a small event or something.

But, even if the prologue is long, it was just for meeting the girls and the people of the town. Nothing significant happened except and the end.

I guess what its important for Chapter 1 is;
  • MC is now cursed and linked to a Demon; his new objective is finding "Crimson Blood" so he can get rid of her.
  • Narissa is cursed and linked to the MC, she can't use her energy really well and she's now some sort of fairy. She will help the MC on getting the blood.
  • Lucy started to feel a little bit bad after everyone basically found their role inside the guild; but she didn't. She keeps having trouble while sleeping.
  • Rebecca still wants to fake marry the MC to get more power. She's focused on making Evie know how to read.
  • Fara broke the Guild Assistants Rules, but Elizabeth did it too. So now they both have to hide the secret.
  • Luna wants to keep training. She wants to get the dojo as fast as possible. She keepts thinking she has to be stronger to defend others.
  • Shino started her witch training with Leticia.
  • Evie is learning how to write. Rebecca is her teacher.
  • Sunny is still in denial of going to the town or meeting any guild member, but she's lowkey interested in them. Mostly in Lucy and Luna. She wants to keep teaching the MC so he can defend himself.
  • Elizabeth its faking being an assistant so she can be in the guild with the MC and Ari; she can't go out, because she's supposedly dead.
  • Ari wants to kill Leon (The Hero who tried to kill them at the start of the game) and she wants to train for that. She's supposedly dead, but she goes out with a dark outfit and with a fake name.
  • Leticia started to train Shino and she's interested on building the dojo. She wants to stay im town to protect her family; MC, Ari and Elizabeth.
  • Maria wants to work for the guild, she felt closer to the MC the last events.
  • Delilah got accepted in the town; she is the new seller from the forage shop (If you do her quest)
  • Jimmy just wants to defend Rebecca no matter what.
  • Kiuta doesn't trust MC
  • The Tree Monster is still out there.
  • The Mask girl who kidnapped Lucy saw Narissa drink the potion and link to the MC; she knows everything.
  • Abigail and Brianne, the bartenders, are a little bit angry because Shino, their best custommer, stopped going.
  • MC still owes something to Abigail.
  • A goblin stole Narissa's weapon and It will give it to the Demon Goddess.

And I think thats it. XD
Most of the topics above are connected directly to chapter 1. Its a lot of text but they are basically hints of what is going to happen in chapter 1, and most of the stories or motivations of the characters ends up colliding, they are not singular problems to resolve.
The chapter 1 is huge bc all of these topics are touched, explained and, some of them, have an end. So yeah. And that's without counting the new characters.
Komisari,

That's quite a bit you have in store for your fans and followers.
As I've said before, you have a very nice, well put together, game and I know you like to follow your inspirations and get things right but I wonder if you can find places in this and in future where you can take smaller pieces for release. I'm sure all of these things can't be so irrevocably intertwined that you can't pull out some of them without the entire plot falling apart. It would not do for your readers to forget who these people are before they get to visit them again.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021

She has! Not as much as some other girls who are critical for the Chapter, but she has lots of screen time both in her events and in other girls' events. Her role in Chapter 1 is the training and her relationship with Narissa and the MC... And maybe... just maybe she will be the one who observes Lucy's actions the most.

To be honest, I would love to make an official page and be able to get funding there. Of course, Patreon is my main income of money and it's helping me a lot, itch.io is the second. But I would love to have an official page.
Suscribestar scares me for some reason xD so I prefer to stay away.

- The page is here, waiting... :WeSmart::WeSmart:
Just the start of your game has more content than some finished games on this site.

And if major developers with massive budgets and teams can take more than a year+ just reskinning Maddan or Call of Duty, let alone how long it takes them to make actual sequels or DLCs for their games, then you can take time to put out your game too.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
,,, if people waited too much, at least I want them to have 0 bugs and 0 problems and being able to enjoy the story 100%
Yeah, that's not going to happen. There will be so many people playing that someone will always find a bug, or some unforeseen chain of events that leads to a problem. If you postpone the update because 0 bugs and 0 problems is the goal, then it will never see the light of day.

Being thorough and assuring quality is one thing, losing yourself in a cycle of trying to get it to perfection is another.

Take it easy on yourself!

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Yeah, that's not going to happen. There will be so many people playing that someone will always find a bug, or some unforeseen chain of events that leads to a problem. If you postpone the update because 0 bugs and 0 problems is the goal, then it will never see the light of day.

Being thorough and assuring quality is one thing, losing yourself in a cycle of trying to get it to perfection is another.

Take it easy on yourself!
Its not literal xD
I don't see one month of alpha testing before literally giving it to thousands of people do any harm to the game. Its not like being a perfectionist, the game needs testing and I won't like to test thr actual state of the game with the people is so eagerly waiting this game to end up finding crashes or lots of bugs.

People will find bugs, but at least, I want to be sure if they find one, to not be a save killer or somethinf who would ruin the experience.

1 month of testing seems fair.

Sep 12, 2020
I'm not in a hurry and I trust Komisari to do a great job, but I'll just add that if a single chapter is this huge, then it probably shouldn't be a single chapter. There's nothing wrong in storytelling in splitting the narration in smaller (still large) chunks. That might probably have helped getting something out sooner, mostly because of the less "big bites" that someones mentioned. But again, that's just my feeling: it's not my game, and we don't know what Komisari has in store for us, so let's just wait (and hope for a lot of Sunny content :love:)

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Mmmm.... I don't think I will make a flashback. It is difficult to show everyone's motivation in a small event or something.

But, even if the prologue is long, it was just for meeting the girls and the people of the town. Nothing significant happened except and the end.

I guess what its important for Chapter 1 is;
  • MC is now cursed and linked to a Demon; his new objective is finding "Crimson Blood" so he can get rid of her.
  • Narissa is cursed and linked to the MC, she can't use her energy really well and she's now some sort of fairy. She will help the MC on getting the blood.
  • Lucy started to feel a little bit bad after everyone basically found their role inside the guild; but she didn't. She keeps having trouble while sleeping.
  • Rebecca still wants to fake marry the MC to get more power. She's focused on making Evie know how to read.
  • Fara broke the Guild Assistants Rules, but Elizabeth did it too. So now they both have to hide the secret.
  • Luna wants to keep training. She wants to get the dojo as fast as possible. She keepts thinking she has to be stronger to defend others.
  • Shino started her witch training with Leticia.
  • Evie is learning how to write. Rebecca is her teacher.
  • Sunny is still in denial of going to the town or meeting any guild member, but she's lowkey interested in them. Mostly in Lucy and Luna. She wants to keep teaching the MC so he can defend himself.
  • Elizabeth its faking being an assistant so she can be in the guild with the MC and Ari; she can't go out, because she's supposedly dead.
  • Ari wants to kill Leon (The Hero who tried to kill them at the start of the game) and she wants to train for that. She's supposedly dead, but she goes out with a dark outfit and with a fake name.
  • Leticia started to train Shino and she's interested on building the dojo. She wants to stay im town to protect her family; MC, Ari and Elizabeth.
  • Maria wants to work for the guild, she felt closer to the MC the last events.
  • Delilah got accepted in the town; she is the new seller from the forage shop (If you do her quest)
  • Jimmy just wants to defend Rebecca no matter what.
  • Kiuta doesn't trust MC
  • The Tree Monster is still out there.
  • The Mask girl who kidnapped Lucy saw Narissa drink the potion and link to the MC; she knows everything.
  • Abigail and Brianne, the bartenders, are a little bit angry because Shino, their best custommer, stopped going.
  • MC still owes something to Abigail.
  • A goblin stole Narissa's weapon and It will give it to the Demon Goddess.

And I think thats it. XD
Most of the topics above are connected directly to chapter 1. Its a lot of text but they are basically hints of what is going to happen in chapter 1, and most of the stories or motivations of the characters ends up colliding, they are not singular problems to resolve.
The chapter 1 is huge bc all of these topics are touched, explained and, some of them, have an end. So yeah. And that's without counting the new characters.
OK...I can't really tale the Guild assistant Rules seriously.

Also, just let them try to do anything.

Jan 7, 2021
Its not literal xD
I don't see one month of alpha testing before literally giving it to thousands of people do any harm to the game. Its not like being a perfectionist, the game needs testing and I won't like to test thr actual state of the game with the people is so eagerly waiting this game to end up finding crashes or lots of bugs.

People will find bugs, but at least, I want to be sure if they find one, to not be a save killer or somethinf who would ruin the experience.

1 month of testing seems fair.
Trial by fire works just as well since thousands of people love to complain anyways so trying to protect them is just giving them bigger blue balls and denying yourself willing lab rats beta testers :coffee: It's been a long time

What could I do if I just knew it didn't need to be perfect ♪
It just needed to be ♪

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Well, Rn It is important for what it can do psychologically to Fara.

But... They will eventually have consecuences, of course.
Hopefully MC gains some mad skills before that.

Like the good old saying goes :
“A harem protagonist must tend his flock. And at times... fight off the wolves."

Or something like that.

Reactions: DMon1981

corruptdna

Sep 17, 2018
Keep it up man! Been following you since your first update! As they say, Quality takes time, but once you've laid down the main
foundation, the next chapters will probably be faster! Worth the wait guys!!!
(Discord is full of snippets ~ )
When can we have more costumes :D

fucme

Jun 13, 2018
Man i played this game the moment the last update came 1.5 years ago and loved it and i always felt sad since i thought it was abandoned , i get on today and out of boredom check the page again to find that an update is coming ????
i really loved the game , the design , the story and the girls and i hope it delivers .

Reactions: Komisari
4.40 star(s) 207 Votes