Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
at this point the tag doesn't really matter, anyone visiting the topic should at least visit last page and see what's being said, if they don't them it would probably indeed be worse to launch something just to get rid of it. Better to stick with the plan at this point, maybe do some special participation in other games for people to remember it still exists.
Let the tag be the tag and continue your work: I absolutely agree.

"Anyone visiting the topic should at least visit last page and see what's being said" - Your profile says you're here almost 5 years. How many times have you experienced this happening? You can have the same question answered 20 times in a row and it will be asked a 21st right under the last answer. Preferrably even quoting an answer. ;)

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Let the tag be the tag and continue your work: I absolutely agree.

"Anyone visiting the topic should at least visit last page and see what's being said" - Your profile says you're here almost 5 years. How many times have you experienced this happening? You can have the same question answered 20 times in a row and it will be asked a 21st right under the last answer. Preferrably even quoting an answer. ;)
sure, but even someone that went through the trouble to ask/react will probably discover, be by reading posts after his, or by someone cursing at them directly, if they don't they fall into the second category anyway.

Ive-11

Sep 10, 2019
i hope have a few days content updates to enjoy, or even a week? :coffee: even i spent a week to complete for the story regardless to my daily life, thanks to my brain for having fast reading even im not native english :KEK:, for the sandbox? (its ez psy way to make it eazy:HideThePain:),

Dec 20, 2021
I wonder why this got the abandoned tag? The dev seems very active on here and they mantain that they are currently working on an update.
Because he gets 6500 a month on his patreon and hasnt released any new content for a year+. Game looks like its another milfy city devs do regular updates up until they start making a decent amount of cash on patreon then the content come less and less. They keep up the illusion they are working on the game by posting "updates" on their patreons to keep milking their patreons for cash until the game gets tagged as abandoned.

patriarchy1

Feb 24, 2020
Because working on things isn't enough to be considered active. Product must be released. We can see that Komisari has been putting in good quality work on this game, but he hasn't released product in a year and a half. This is a very common issue among designers, developers and analysts, even many of the very best ones. This is the reason that managers exist actually.
Assuming there is work done.

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
Komisari has regularly shown examples of new content he is developing. Of course, he could be putting in a bunch of work on just making pictures to fool everyone into thinking he's creating content, but it would be as much work to constantly create phony consistent images as it would be to create content. We wind up deciding which is more rational to believe.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Komisari has regularly shown examples of new content he is developing. Of course, he could be putting in a bunch of work on just making pictures to fool everyone into thinking he's creating content, but it would be as much work to constantly create phony consistent images as it would be to create content. We wind up deciding which is more rational to believe.
Personally, I think it all just matters on whether the game is released or not. It can take weeks, months, years, but until something is released, the dev has released nothing. A lot of people who see things come by with "it's being worked on" automatically assume that that means they will get to see a product. This is simply not true. To believe, have faith, trust, is one thing, and it's not bad. Up to a certain extent we need to believe Komisari in his work and look forward to the game coming out. There is nothing wrong with that. But at the same time we need to understand that releasing and not releasing an update is binary in nature. Until it is released, the update does not exist for the audience. Should anything happen in the process that would make it impossible to release the update, the fact would be that the audience has never seen an update.

tl;dr - Having faith work is being done: good. Keep the positive vibes going. Be rational though, and realise until the update is actually released, it doesn't exist yet.

Lurkin23

May 15, 2021
Considering how active on the thread Komisari is, it feels strange to see the 'Abandoned' tag... but thread activity isn't used to determine such, content updates is. In 4 months it'll be 2 years, and 2 months on Patreon. I hope the 'in works' stuff isn't faked to get Komisari's patreons to keep shelling out, and that HHG will soon drop the 'Abandoned' tag, but only time will tell.

There's a Dev company that has an online game, and once upon a time they released content updates every 18 months. They realized that was too long of a development cycle to keep their fans happy. So they changed their update format. They would keep working on small, med, and large projects, but instead of holding the smaller projects back until the big project was finished, they would release what was ready every 6 months. Every 18 months, we'd have the same content, but instead of waiting 18 months for 3 small projects, and one med and large project we'd get them : small update, small and medium update, small and large update.

However, unlike you, they're a team, not a solo Dev, and have millions of subscribers know there is an active Dev team even though it took "forever" for updates to be released. In the end, I guess, it'll be done when it's done... but only you, Komisari, can quell the naysayers... and it's very clear regarding the only way you can, you have willfully chosen not to.

I'm just glad I have neither gotten my hopes up, or held my breath. I'd be very disappointed if the former, dead the latter.

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
If there's examples of work being done and progress being made, then it feels like the 'abandoned' tag is unneccseery.
On-Hold or Hiatus would be more accurate.
The [On Hold] flag typically indicates that work is not being done - also, you should not donate to such a project because you're paying for inactivity. I've yet to see the Hiatus flag.

Syr96

Aug 5, 2019
I think we're getting to the point where most people will be disappointed with the update. Whether it's good or not. After almost 2 years, some have extremely high expectations. And it's not just about one area of the game.

Content: After almost 2 years, the content should have at least doubled. Especially considering the dev works full time.
Quality: People will expect a big improvement in quality after all this time. Gameplay, images, animations.
Minigames: The dev talked about an overhaul of minigames, dungeons etc. If any one of them is boring or mechanically bad, that will lead to a big problem. And to great disappointment.

I'm assuming that Komi is working. We see with other devs that it is enough to say every 3 months that you are working and to show 3 pictures. They still get their money. Komi is still active. So I'm assuming he's working.

But I think he's doing a lot of damage with this update. Many have lost confidence. And trust that is lost is slow to rebuild. The fact is I'm not a Paetron anymore and I want to see 2 or 3 updates again (without such delays) before I consider becoming a Paetron again.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The [On Hold] flag typically indicates that work is not being done - also, you should not donate to such a project because you're paying for inactivity. I've yet to see the Hiatus flag.
I'd argue it's somewhat the same though, since "on hold" also heavily implies that there are plans to continue working. So both would mean "no work done now but later will be done". The major difference in everyday's parlance would probably be that a "hiatus" is generally limited in time ("I'll take a 3 months break to travel Australia") while "on hold" probably is not fixed in time but has some external influence ("I will continue once I sorted out my moving to the Mediterranean and found a new coder").

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I'd argue it's somewhat the same though, since "on hold" also heavily implies that there are plans to continue working. So both would mean "no work done now but later will be done". The major difference in everyday's parlance would probably be that a "hiatus" is generally limited in time ("I'll take a 3 months break to travel Australia") while "on hold" probably is not fixed in time but has some external influence ("I will continue once I sorted out my moving to the Mediterranean and found a new coder").
Whereas 'abandoned' means "The dev has given up on this game forever".

Putting the abandoned tag on a game that clearly isn't abandoned just feels disingenuous.

InuYashaAD1

Aug 13, 2020
This game is still beind developed and the discord channel for it regularly gets sneak peeks and he has been online as recently as this morning. Ya'll really need to calm down and understand that making games all by yourself is a very daunting process and takes a long time to do. You have to plan everything out, create assets if you can't just import some, rig scenes and render, a lot of coding and scripting must be done and that's all after going through the code to fix bugs. Most importantly you have to remember, it's 1 single person making this game, and he's learning a lot of new techniques that are making for a better game. This isn't a simp, it's an artist seeing a bunch of slander of another artist for no just reason other than they're mad that no one is updating this one forum when there's been a discord community where he has stated he'll be and is more active on. Go read the gigantic patreon post he made about all the exciting new features he is going to bring and then go to discord for even more up to date information. This toxic ecosystem brewing here of people trashing creators just because they can't be bothered to see if that person actually has updated on some form of social media, yes, forums are social media too, or if the game is actually abandoned. f95 has an abandoned tag out of policy and ya'll are just taking this whole thing and blowing up on these devs because you have no idea what it actually takes to create a captivating story and creating a world around it, let alone be the only person handling the technical aspects as well. You trolls ought to be ashamed of yourselves too because you're killing this community as a whole. The latest sneak peeks shared were posted on discord about a week ago, more like 6 days but whatever, everyone who bothered to join is in the know and we're just shaking our heads at all of you trolls need to go back to therapy or occupy your time with other games on here because there are a lot and it is worth a look while you wait PATIENTLY for the next version of this game that IS still being worked on.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
This game is still beind developed and the discord channel for it regularly gets sneak peeks and he has been online as recently as this morning. Ya'll really need to calm down and understand that making games all by yourself is a very daunting process and takes a long time to do. You have to plan everything out, create assets if you can't just import some, rig scenes and render, a lot of coding and scripting must be done and that's all after going through the code to fix bugs. Most importantly you have to remember, it's 1 single person making this game, and he's learning a lot of new techniques that are making for a better game. This isn't a simp, it's an artist seeing a bunch of slander of another artist for no just reason other than they're mad that no one is updating this one forum when there's been a discord community where he has stated he'll be and is more active on. Go read the gigantic patreon post he made about all the exciting new features he is going to bring and then go to discord for even more up to date information. This toxic ecosystem brewing here of people trashing creators just because they can't be bothered to see if that person actually has updated on some form of social media, yes, forums are social media too, or if the game is actually abandoned. f95 has an abandoned tag out of policy and ya'll are just taking this whole thing and blowing up on these devs because you have no idea what it actually takes to create a captivating story and creating a world around it, let alone be the only person handling the technical aspects as well. You trolls ought to be ashamed of yourselves too because you're killing this community as a whole. The latest sneak peeks shared were posted on discord about a week ago, more like 6 days but whatever, everyone who bothered to join is in the know and we're just shaking our heads at all of you trolls need to go back to therapy or occupy your time with other games on here because there are a lot and it is worth a look while you wait PATIENTLY for the next version of this game that IS still being worked on.
:unsure: TBH, I don't think I've ever seen such a civilised discussion as it's been going here, outside of a few people that barely get reactions to what they are saying. There are rarely any toxic trolls discussing it. Most people that post something about the long wait time do so with good arguments and in a patient style, using words like "I think" and "It seems to me".

I agree with all you said about the effort it takes to create a game, but there are people that will still not like the wait. It's a completely different development style than a lot of (single) devs have, so it's okay that there are people that disagree with that style, and it's okay that they voice that opinion here. It's the opposite of toxic, it's a dialogue. :)

Using words as strongly as you did (underlined) is not helpful to a dialogue in my opinion, and would be one of the first real instances of coming close to toxicity in this thread in my opinion.

This thread is laden with people sharing how much work Komisari is doing, so I think his effort is well-documented. How much game there actually is, and whether it will have been worth the wait, is for anyone to decide when it comes out, and up until then may be speculated upon.:whistle::coffee:

devil_hunter

Jul 1, 2017
I think we're getting to the point where most people will be disappointed with the update. Whether it's good or not. After almost 2 years, some have extremely high expectations. And it's not just about one area of the game.
the half-life 3 phenomenon at work. people's expectations are to the moon and back now.

i'll admit, i was super into this back in the day and was excited for the next update. can't even remember wtf the story is at this point. i remember bro-knight, some ninja catgirl, and some low-key meme shenanigans.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017

Content: After almost 2 years, the content should have at least doubled. Especially considering the dev works full time.
Quality: People will expect a big improvement in quality after all this time. Gameplay, images, animations.
Minigames: The dev talked about an overhaul of minigames, dungeons etc. If any one of them is boring or mechanically bad, that will lead to a big problem. And to great disappointment.

I'm assuming that Komi is working. We see with other devs that it is enough to say every 3 months that you are working and to show 3 pictures. They still get their money. Komi is still active. So I'm assuming he's working.

But I think he's doing a lot of damage with this update. Many have lost confidence. And trust that is lost is slow to rebuild. The fact is I'm not a Paetron anymore and I want to see 2 or 3 updates again (without such delays) before I consider becoming a Paetron again.
the half-life 3 phenomenon at work. people's expectations are to the moon and back now.

i'll admit, i was super into this back in the day and was excited for the next update. can't even remember wtf the story is at this point. i remember bro-knight, some ninja catgirl, and some low-key meme shenanigans.
I don't know, so far the situation seems a a lot more like the very well recieved Deltarune chapter 2 than Half Life. Thatt could change of course.

Syr96

Aug 5, 2019
Same here. I played this game back in summer 2020. It was good so i became a paetron. To be honest, i expected the update to be ready last summer. I stopped supporting in September when it was obvious, that the next update wont be ready in the next months. At least i have a lot to play when the update is out. Cause i have no idea what this game is about anymore. But i remember that it was good xD

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes