loto_ortega

May 30, 2020
I think we're getting to the point where most people will be disappointed with the update. Whether it's good or not. After almost 2 years, some have extremely high expectations. And it's not just about one area of the game.

Content: After almost 2 years, the content should have at least doubled. Especially considering the dev works full time.
Quality: People will expect a big improvement in quality after all this time. Gameplay, images, animations.
Minigames: The dev talked about an overhaul of minigames, dungeons etc. If any one of them is boring or mechanically bad, that will lead to a big problem. And to great disappointment.

I'm assuming that Komi is working. We see with other devs that it is enough to say every 3 months that you are working and to show 3 pictures. They still get their money. Komi is still active. So I'm assuming he's working.

But I think he's doing a lot of damage with this update. Many have lost confidence. And trust that is lost is slow to rebuild. The fact is I'm not a Paetron anymore and I want to see 2 or 3 updates again (without such delays) before I consider becoming a Paetron again.
For what its worth, Komisari has said that Chapter 1 is set to at least double the amount of content in the game.

ZAJL

Dec 15, 2018
I keep this game on a growing list of work-in-progress projects that I try to visit every six months to a year because development is a bitch and takes a long time, especially if you're solo and ambitious.

I was really surprised and disheartened to see that this project which was a lot of fun to play was labeled as [Abandoned] but thankfully sifting through a couple of pages of people having not-so-civil discourse shows that it is still in production, the flag was automatic since nothing has been posted in 18 months.

I wish the dev made a comment on here about the project being labeled as abandoned (if they did, I didn't see it) but it does bring up a small point that I think someone else made, we need a proof of life to see that progress is being made, I'm not talking about posting screenshots of events, while that is cool, I think (from the perspective of someone who has never made a game, and just plays games) that the large update should be segmented and seeded to maintain interest for people who don't follow the dev on social media or their discord server.

Not some rushed crap or the entire update now, but small stuff at semi regular intervals, instead of doubling the content of the game in one update 2-3 years after the last one, add events every few months for people to enjoy. Either way this game is staying on my list and I'll keep an eye on it until it's actually abandoned, I just wanted to add my two cents to avoid the tag and people bitching.

slmkaz

Dec 11, 2017
While I have dozens of times more confidence in Komi than other projects that updates after long periods of time; (looking at you WA) I don't blame anyone for not supporting with a monthly subscription on a project that doesn't see material return for multiple years. Subscription based model just doesn't work as well for projects like this.

That said I'm sure it still has enough of a loyal fanbase given its quality that maybe that's enough for now.

Reactions: Komisari

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I keep this game on a growing list of work-in-progress projects that I try to visit every six months to a year because development is a bitch and takes a long time, especially if you're solo and ambitious.

I was really surprised and disheartened to see that this project which was a lot of fun to play was labeled as [Abandoned] but thankfully sifting through a couple of pages of people having not-so-civil discourse shows that it is still in production, the flag was automatic since nothing has been posted in 18 months.

I wish the dev made a comment on here about the project being labeled as abandoned (if they did, I didn't see it) but it does bring up a small point that I think someone else made, we need a proof of life to see that progress is being made, I'm not talking about posting screenshots of events, while that is cool, I think (from the perspective of someone who has never made a game, and just plays games) that the large update should be segmented and seeded to maintain interest for people who don't follow the dev on social media or their discord server.

Not some rushed crap or the entire update now, but small stuff at semi regular intervals, instead of doubling the content of the game in one update 2-3 years after the last one, add events every few months for people to enjoy. Either way this game is staying on my list and I'll keep an eye on it until it's actually abandoned, I just wanted to add my two cents to avoid the tag and people bitching.

Hello!
Yeah, I've talked a lot about the abandoned flag already! HHG is not abandoned and no matter what the update will come out, I'm working on it. I even suggested showing to a moderator or something a stream of me showing exactly what I've been working on.

I already decided that I will segment future chapters and updates! Probably in parts. I will go all-in with Chapter 1 and complete it in one update, I'll stick to my idea, I still want to give the first chapter all at once, but I'm not liking this, it's not helping me at all.

InuYashaAD1

Aug 13, 2020
:unsure: TBH, I don't think I've ever seen such a civilised discussion as it's been going here, outside of a few people that barely get reactions to what they are saying. There are rarely any toxic trolls discussing it. Most people that post something about the long wait time do so with good arguments and in a patient style, using words like "I think" and "It seems to me".

I agree with all you said about the effort it takes to create a game, but there are people that will still not like the wait. It's a completely different development style than a lot of (single) devs have, so it's okay that there are people that disagree with that style, and it's okay that they voice that opinion here. It's the opposite of toxic, it's a dialogue. :)

Using words as strongly as you did (underlined) is not helpful to a dialogue in my opinion, and would be one of the first real instances of coming close to toxicity in this thread in my opinion.

This thread is laden with people sharing how much work Komisari is doing, so I think his effort is well-documented. How much game there actually is, and whether it will have been worth the wait, is for anyone to decide when it comes out, and up until then may be speculated upon.:whistle::coffee:
I should clarify, I was kind of talking about other games as well, espectially over where a certain redamz game used to be updated and team bieno games, I have seen a lot of the over the top posts that I do believe many have actually been moderated for how offensive they've been. could also be the fact that I check for updates for my favorite games only to find sections so caked in human it all kind of bottled up on what I've been reading. I do understand concern but things do tend to go sour very fast when even just a few people start screaming at devs without even looking to see if they have other outlets for informing people about the games they make.

Reactions: WSmith

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
I should clarify, I was kind of talking about other games as well, espectially over where a certain redamz game used to be updated and team bieno games, I have seen a lot of the over the top posts that I do believe many have actually been moderated for how offensive they've been. could also be the fact that I check for updates for my favorite games only to find sections so caked in human it all kind of bottled up on what I've been reading. I do understand concern but things do tend to go sour very fast when even just a few people start screaming at devs without even looking to see if they have other outlets for informing people about the games they make.
Yeah, I have to agree with you about other threads. All in all, there are many users on this site who barely take time to read, reason, or research. It's often just a gut reaction and yelling :rolleyes:

Luckily, Hero's Harem Guild Thread is a safe haven (still) from those trolls as the people here are mostly very civil to each other.

Reactions: InuYashaAD1

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah, I have to agree with you about other threads. All in all, there are many users on this site who barely take time to read, reason, or research. It's often just a gut reaction and yelling :rolleyes:
Or ... they indeed take a lot of time to read. Like 30 minutes for your post alone, what with all the long words and fancy punctuation.

• Haha
Reactions: WSmith

Sblade

May 14, 2019
I'm looking forward to the release and I understand the devs marking it as abandoned. Even though I personally believe in Komisari and think the whole game is far off from being a cash grab or string-along thing, I do understand its hard for the devs. If they let projects they "like" or "belive in" go on without being marked abandoned that will make all the other developers feel that its an unfair system.

Just let them mark it abandoned for now, we are plenty who believe and wait anyway.

ZAJL

Dec 15, 2018
Hello!
Yeah, I've talked a lot about the abandoned flag already! HHG is not abandoned and no matter what the update will come out, I'm working on it. I even suggested showing to a moderator or something a stream of me showing exactly what I've been working on.

I already decided that I will segment future chapters and updates! Probably in parts. I will go all-in with Chapter 1 and complete it in one update, I'll stick to my idea, I still want to give the first chapter all at once, but I'm not liking this, it's not helping me at all.
Thank you for replying! although very unexpected it is very appreciated.

It's also nice to see that you already planned on more frequent updates after completing chapter 1, getting a nice big slab of content into the world then releasing smaller chunks of content more frequently I think will work really well for getting more people hooked, despite F95zone not supporting it. Like I said in the earlier post, I'll follow this project regardless.

(assuming the "this" is the Abandoned tag and not my post) I agree, the Moderators just flagging it as dead even though it is alive and kicked and there is proof of it sucks. Especially since you post and respond to posts here quite often, being active on your own page should count for something. I get the mods wanting a quick and simple way of marking projects, but if the dev is still posting then it isn't dead.

I digress, you are doing amazing work and I wait on the edge of my seat for Chapter 1 to be released.

BFC 78

Jan 23, 2022
I'm looking forward to the release and I understand the devs marking it as abandoned. Even though I personally believe in Komisari and think the whole game is far off from being a cash grab or string-along thing, I do understand its hard for the devs. If they let projects they "like" or "belive in" go on without being marked abandoned that will make all the other developers feel that its an unfair system.

Just let them mark it abandoned for now, we are plenty who believe and wait anyway.
I agree with you we just need to be patient and I think Komisari is starting to get sick and tired hearing about all the complaining how late the update is and abandoned tag and we should be encouraging to Komisari and what I seen on Komisari discord those images are smoking hot :love: I'm looking forward to chapter one more than ever and Komisari you're doing a good job

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Deactivate your patreon or upload new content already. People have been supporting for for 2 years with absolutely no content in return.
You know that those unhappy can just deactivate it themselves, don't you? Nobody needs your help.

Also, ordering other people around (or trying to) who owe you nothing is a habit that will not get you many friends in life.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Deactivate your patreon or upload new content already. People have been supporting for for 2 years with absolutely no content in return.
There are a lot of people who just want to donate because they like the game, lots of people join a tier and instantly leave, it's a way to get support from people. The money not only helps me in my daily life but helps me a lot in getting new stuff for the game, like music, 3D objects, etc, and also, of course, other stuff that I can expend on. I would suggest you look into my free Patreon posts, I talk about the game development and also, I'm clear about the date of the update; there is no date, and I will make a post 30 days before the BETA arrives.
(And those 30 days will be purely for alpha test with some users.)

Once the update is done and uploaded, not only the ones who paid will be able to play the game, but also you, who are not paying. Hero's Harem Guild is and will be free for everyone, being a patron is a way to support how I work or just because you like the project.

People don't like how I work, that's why I have LOTS fewer patrons every month. And I'm aware of it.
And that should be enough for you because I won't deactivate the Patreon.

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
Hello Komisari, I hope you are doing well. If I remember right, you wanted to get a launcher working or something similar that makes downloading the game easier, due it's size. Can you give a update to that situation?

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Hello Komisari, I hope you are doing well. If I remember right, you wanted to get a launcher working or something similar that makes downloading the game easier, due it's size. Can you give a update to that situation?
I'm focusing on the update, I will work on it while the game is in alpha. If we manage to do it in the 30 days of the alpha, I will implement it, if not, that's the next step after the update.
I have some ideas of how I want it to work, but still, nothing really decided.

OzBa

May 9, 2017
Expect more Luna and Ari renders from now on. They didn't get as much love as the others.
Foretold by the prophets of ages past, hath the time of the sacred ARIBUTT arrived?

Aug 15, 2021
Thank you for replying! although very unexpected it is very appreciated.

It's also nice to see that you already planned on more frequent updates after completing chapter 1, getting a nice big slab of content into the world then releasing smaller chunks of content more frequently I think will work really well for getting more people hooked, despite F95zone not supporting it. Like I said in the earlier post, I'll follow this project regardless.

(assuming the "this" is the Abandoned tag and not my post) I agree, the Moderators just flagging it as dead even though it is alive and kicked and there is proof of it sucks. Especially since you post and respond to posts here quite often, being active on your own page should count for something. I get the mods wanting a quick and simple way of marking projects, but if the dev is still posting then it isn't dead.

I digress, you are doing amazing work and I wait on the edge of my seat for Chapter 1 to be released.
To be fair to the moderators of this website a line needs to be drawn somewhere and I think 18 months is a good enough number. Responding to posts or being active != content updates even if that happens every single day. Is the game abandoned for real? Maybe or maybe not - nobody but the dev knows the actual status of the game. Is the dev lying? Maybe or maybe not - thats for you to decide by yourself. However like I said there needs to be a line drawn somewhere. When the next update comes out the tag will be removed and it will remain removed unless the update after that takes more than 18 months.

I dont blame the moderators for adding the abandoned tag even if the dev is telling the truth and the game is not abandoned. I think 6 months of radio silence or 18 months of no content updates for abandoned tag is a very fair rule.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm focusing on the update, I will work on it while the game is in alpha. If we manage to do it in the 30 days of the alpha, I will implement it, if not, that's the next step after the update.
I have some ideas of how I want it to work, but still, nothing really decided.
I can't remember, is there a reason you can't just use the Renpy inbuilt updater?

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes