Jan 31, 2021
You know that those unhappy can just deactivate it themselves, don't you? Nobody needs your help.

Also, ordering other people around (or trying to) who owe you nothing is a habit that will not get you many friends in life.
I was one of those unhappy people who withdrew my patreon support, but only after I realised I'd spent more on this game than modern AAA games, without getting an update for 2 years. I know everyone can just stop supporting, and that the Dev hasn't technically done anything wrong. I just think it's fucking trashy to keep taking the money of these people, and not even stay up to date on your patreon rewards when you haven't updated the actual game in 2 years.

The right thing to do would be to at least freeze the donations until the game is updated again. Regardless of what Komisari says, the game is currently abandoned. It only seems they stay active in the community to keep rolling in the donations.

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
Another promising project Abandoned... Well, I'll be lying when I say that it's unexpected... And this author still have too much patrons who believe that game is still in development :-/

I'm happy that I didn't ever support any of these games... Because well, shit like this happens too often.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Another promising project Abandoned... Well, I'll be lying when I say that it's unexpected... And this author still have too much patrons who believe that game is still in development :-/

I'm happy that I didn't ever support any of these games... Because well, shit like this happens too often.
Another good ol case of someone not even bothering with reading the thread. The dev didn't abandon the game, he is still working on it. But the forum has a rule that if the game isn't updated for 18 months it gets the abandoned tag.

• Angry
Reactions: Powerack

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019

The game isn't abandoned.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
The right thing to do would be to at least freeze the donations until the game is updated again. Regardless of what Komisari says, the game is currently abandoned. It only seems they stay active in the community to keep rolling in the donations.
Do you mean ethically? Patreon is specifically designed for the opposite of what you write. People that believe in content creation without actually needing anything (even social media news) in return, like people support artists all over the world. People support them financially or by other means, and the artists then get the space and time to make art. Especially the time part is infinite. Supporters can withdraw their support at any time, but the whole time they support they must understand they do not buy a product, they support a creative direction, however small the end result may be or however long it might take. It's like blue sky's research, but for culture instead of science.

When it comes to that, I think Komisari is following Patreon's model exactly like it was intended.

Now, if that whole system is ethically justifiable is a different question altogether.

Also "regardless of what Komisari says...", no, Komisari is the only one that can say a game has been abandoned or not. "Abandoned" is as much of a definite statement as "released". The only difference here is that with abandoned there is one individual that can attest to the truth of it (the creator), and with released, it's both the creator and others. Should Komisari take the next fifty years to release this game, and have worked on it every single day up to then, we will all say by the time it was released that it had not been abandoned for the fifty years before that. So to make an "abandoned" statement about it now is purely illogical. The only reason this site feels the necessity to use abandoned tags, is to protect the flow and organization of the forums (and I completely get that practical outlook in this case).

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
View attachment 1861014
Faster? really? maybe you can change it to slower? lollll
When I made that goal the aim for the project was something else. I was planning on making weekly updates and the story would be extremely simple with most sex scenes and nothing else.

Now, the aim changed a lot. I decided to keep the goal like that because changing it would be basically not accepting my mistakes or the weight of my word. I accept that I was not able to do that goal.
Changing it wouldn't be sincere.

hmtot

Aug 26, 2017
I almost had a heart attack when I saw the "abandoned" tag. I've been following this game for a while now, and the updates are very rare, which is understandable considering the quality of it. I respect your dedication, Komisari, this is one of the better games out there. I wish you success and I'm eager for the next update.

Oct 7, 2017
When I made that goal the aim for the project was something else. I was planning on making weekly updates and the story would be extremely simple with most sex scenes and nothing else.

Now, the aim changed a lot. I decided to keep the goal like that because changing it would be basically not accepting my mistakes or the weight of my word. I accept that I was not able to do that goal.
Changing it wouldn't be sincere.
Take all the time you need mate, people (especially around here) really seem to forget how much work flows into passion projects like these. It's really easy and quick to make a quick cashgrab and call it a day but creativity takes time and a ton of effort.
I honestly find it quite a bit presumptuous to keep complaining about stuff you get for free like a lot of peeps here like to do...

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
Take all the time you need mate, people (especially around here) really seem to forget how much work flows into passion projects like these. It's really easy and quick to make a quick cashgrab and call it a day but creativity takes time and a ton of effort.
I honestly find it quite a bit presumptuous to keep complaining about stuff you get for free like a lot of peeps here like to do...
My mans making 6K a month and hasn't put anything out for 2 years. Passion project or no, there are devs that have completed entire games in that span of time. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece Komisari. If there are patrons here complaining about slow development, they're justified in doing so.

e: just checked, hes actually making 7k now.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
My mans making 6K a month and hasn't put anything out for 2 years. Passion project or no, there are devs that have completed entire games in that span of time. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece Komisari. If there are patrons here complaining about slow development, they're justified in doing so.

Well, is it you paying him all that money (you said he's your man after all)? Then you can stop doing so until he satisfies your needs. If, by any chance, it is not you however but other people's money: what business do you have in others doing their business?

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
Well, is it you paying him all that money (you said he's your man after all)? Then you can stop doing so until he satisfies your needs. If, by any chance, it is not you however but other people's money: what business do you have in others doing their business?
I'm not sure why you're running defense for the dev for some relatively mild criticism. The dev is self admittedly a perfectionist and that seems to be a hindrance to the release of the update, so all I said was we don't need a masterpiece and that people who are paying him that complain about his release schedule are justified in doing so.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I'm not sure why you're running defense for the dev for some relatively mild criticism. The dev is self admittedly a perfectionist and that seems to be a hindrance to the release of the update, so all I said was we don't need a masterpiece and that people who are paying him that complain about his release schedule are justified in doing so.
That's not what you said in the first part however. And you talked about bringing in the money - who are those Patreons complaining who are not considered justified by anybody here? Yes, it was mild criticism but it still was entitled because you went via defending people nobody attacked to justify it.

Perfect S

Oct 20, 2019
It's really easy and quick to make a quick cashgrab and call it a day but creativity takes time and a ton of effort.
To me it seems that a dev making a "quick cashgrab" and then vanishing would make WAYYY less money than milking and stringing along supporters for years without delivering anything in that timeframe...
Sunken cost fallacy will even assure supporters rush in defense of said dev no matter what.

Oct 7, 2017

I've got no problem with Patrons voicing their criticism, I'm very sorry if my previous text implied that. I'm not that talented in english as it is not my native language and I tend to have quite a few problems wording stuff properly.

What I do, however, have a problem with are people getting stuff for free and constantly nagging and complaining about it. Idioms like "Don't look a gifted horse in the mouth" exist for a reason and just describe rules of basic etiquette.
Were it proper constructive criticism that wouldn't be a problem. But instead many of the threads on this website here devolved to namecalling and just general toxicity and this one is so far one of the few exceptions. This has went so far that some threads had to be locked just because people couldn't behave like normal humans.

Hope that clears it up :)

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 207 Votes