Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
To be fair, I wanted to play this game a year ago, when I was under the impression that "the update is just around the corner" and start it then, who knew that "around the corner" is not even a year later...Still want to play it though xD
The question is, when the update comes will there be some "update" to the prologe (meaning its better to wait until the update before starting the game) or it will be left untouched?

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Read my answers from a page or two before this one.

Just in case; I said that I will personally ask the moderators/admins or whatever to, even if there's a little update, KEEP the abandoned tag UNTIL the complete CHAPTER 1 is released.

Even, I'm okay if it doesn't even go to the LATEST UPDATES page. I don't mind.

I deny myself to try to look for some feedback here and, instead of that, reading multiple comments saying that I did an update to go around the abandoned tag, I couldn't care less about the tag.
Yes I know. I was talking about the fact that some people on the thread were suggesting that as a "good idea" many months ago.

Feb 27, 2018
Hey everyone. Trying to replay this game and got a problem. Playing using JoiPlay. When I try to use pickaxe from my inventory it always gives me unignorable error (screenshot under spoiler).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tryed to look through the thread using "search", but found only one post about the same problem and that guy was ignored, no one replyed to him.

Is there any possibility to solve this problem or is it a problem of emulator? If it is Joiplay problem, then maybe you could recommend any other emulator which is better?

P.S. When I played previous time (I was using Joiplay too) there wasnt such problem, I can remember this for sure.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Hey everyone. Trying to replay this game and got a problem. Playing using JoiPlay. When I try to use pickaxe from my inventory it always gives me unignorable error (screenshot under spoiler).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tryed to look through the thread using "search", but found only one post about the same problem and that guy was ignored, no one replyed to him.

Is there any possibility to solve this problem or is it a problem of emulator? If it is Joiplay problem, then maybe you could recommend any other emulator which is better?

P.S. When I played previous time (I was using Joiplay too) there wasnt such problem, I can remember this for sure.
The problem is Joiplay, nothing can be done for now.

Feb 27, 2018
The problem is Joiplay, nothing can be done for now.
I see... Thats a shame... Anyway, I will try to do something. I have some thoughts about this problem as previous time when I played using joiplay there wasnt such error. Maybe the reason is in something I did in game... or, maybe I will try to use different renpy plugins. I like this game too much to give up so easy :D

KullisUrus

Mar 18, 2018
Just wanted to see how the game was going, and for my surprise it's been going pretty good
Didn't even realize that it's been 2 years already, wishing all the best for the developer, even though it's been so long i know the people will be so happy to see our best friend again (the knight guy don't remember the name :p)
And for what i saw it will come stronger than ever, and again thank you developer for just don't leaving the game die but wanting to bring the best.

Reactions: Komisari

standbygames

Mar 13, 2018
So now chapter 1 has no ETA again and won't be out anytime soon? Sorry but this is hella tone deaf if dev really thinks people want a holiday special after all this time and promises. And he says every dev does these and people enjoy them? I generally see the opposite, most people hate holiday specials delaying the main game, especially non canon ones. And that's doubley so in this case where it's been over a year since the last update so saying you stopped working on chapter 1 2 months ago for some holiday patch is not what anyone wants to hear.

I generally don't even play holiday patches especially if it's spoilery type stuff and non canon. Like for example you haven't had sex or done whatever with a love interest in the main game yet but you do it to them them in some non-canon holiday event (or just as bad, dream sequences). This is way too common and terrible imo. It just kinda ruins the whole build up and pacing and is like seeing spoilers for a movie you anticipated. Non canon also just immersion breaking. Idk if that's the case here but I doubt I'd even want to play it to find out and take the risk.

PS Also kinda funny that this christmas special even has already missed a christmas release. Just buckle down and finish chapter 1 mate. You have the potential to either be one of the best devs or... gumdrop 2.0 at this rate. We're all hoping for the best, goodluck and godpseed.

Last edited:

Aug 14, 2018
[...]
PS Also kinda funny that this christmas special even has already missed a christmas release. [...]
To stay accurate: it was an assumption I made, that the special is a christmas episode.
The dev stated that it is a beach episode, not a christmas episode.

Edited: See dev's answer below.

Last edited:

Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
I check in once every few months. I see that there will now be a holiday update. Woah... Every time I think things can't get any worse, they do. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, and I hope things work out. But at some point, patience and generosity morph into enabling. I have a strong suspicion--which, to be clear, is based entirely on my own experience and not any secret information--that you all are one very long update post away from finding out that the dev has become crushed beneath the weight of the expectations he's set for himself. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that he has been unable to make meaningful progress in a year plus. D.E.N.I.A.L. Don't Even kNow I Am Lying. If that's happening, I feel sorry for everyone involved. I hope I'm wrong.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
[...] the dev has become crushed beneath the weight of the expectations he's set for himself. [...]
Part of what you said is true and I've repeated it multiple times on Patreon posts and announcements. I have put myself with very high expectations, and now, the quality that the game actually has requires WAY more working time than before.

And I've been extremely clear with that in every single Patreon post.
You won't see any weird Patreon posts making random excuses, that's what I've always said and I will always say; The quality the game has right now requires time.

And I do not plan on lowering the quality of the game.
And I hope some people will understand soon, in a week or so.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
No worries. Don't let the Doom Sayers get to you. You'll release the game when it is ready. I'd rather see it at the level you intend and not be rushed. To me, it's worth the wait.

P.S. might as well take the time to recode for VR compatibility ;) I just got a Quest 2 and would love to see HHG in VR.

Kulon

Oct 12, 2017
Part of what you said is true and I've repeated it multiple times on Patreon posts and announcements. I have put myself with very high expectations, and now, the quality that the game actually has requires WAY more working time than before.

And I've been extremely clear with that in every single Patreon post.
You won't see any weird Patreon posts making random excuses, that's what I've always said and I will always say; The quality the game has right now requires time.

dude stop trying to explaing and justify everything. some of those people dont even read or understand what you say, or they just dont care. they are here just because they are horny and need some naughty material for that. just focus on your problems and work for the game like you are doing it dor yourself and not for an audience. ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Komisari

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
dude stop trying to explaing and justify everything. some of those people dont even read or understand what you say, or they just dont care. they are here just because they are horny and need some naughty material for that. just focus on your problems and work for the game like you are doing it dor yourself and not for an audience. ;)
There are people who are supporting me on my Patreon, or people who are doubting if they want to support me or not.
I do not do it for him, when I answer, I always try to make something clear for every single one that comes to this thread and reads!
I do HHG because I really like it, and enjoy it, but I also owe myself to those who take the time to write or those who support the game.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes