ganesha2407

Nov 6, 2020
Kinda hoping(coping) the Dev just wanna troll us by saying He need to delayed the update release again,and saying Happy New Year Everyone here's the what you guys waiting for
boom link download for 0.13
but yeah,just hoping everyone the best & still alive when the dev finally release the update.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
ok, im gonna totally white knight this because im myself sick and tired of reading stuff like this.
It is a free game, most people complaining is probably not
Never played it so I can speak a lot more objectively. You invalidate any argument you make by saying this, whether it's free or not is irrelevant to criticism and it's not free, if it was free people would understand that it's a pure passion project and understand that pacing is whatever the person feels like, if they are being paid, then there's motivation to milk.

Doesn't matter if you are sick of reading it, it's useful for people like me to know what's going on, if a dev is taking a long time to make something, then I see that in the comments and know to avoid and not be disappointed, much better than getting a rose tinted view from possible shill accounts or those who have fallen into the sunk cost mentality.

Sarakash

Jun 5, 2019
ok, im gonna totally white knight this because im myself sick and tired of reading stuff like this.
Never played it so I can speak a lot more objectively. You invalidate any argument you make by saying this, whether it's free or not is irrelevant to criticism and it's not free, if it was free people would understand that it's a pure passion project and understand that pacing is whatever the person feels like, if they are being paid, then there's motivation to milk.

Doesn't matter if you are sick of reading it, it's useful for people like me to know what's going on, if a dev is taking a long time to make something, then I see that in the comments and know to avoid and not be disappointed, much better than getting a rose tinted view from possible shill accounts or those who have fallen into the sunk cost mentality.

I wholeheartly second this. To add to that, I am one of those frustrated people and a former patreon of Komisari. In fact, I supoorted a couple of devs I found on F95. I am not claiming that everyone here does it however I don´t believe I am alone with throwing a few bucks here and there to show appreciation for their work.

The whole situation on this project reminds me of Star Citizen, albeit on a much much smaller scale.

What I mean by that is that I don´t believe that Komi is scamming people, but that he needs someone who cuts down on the ambition. Perfection in itself is a paradox and not achievable. There is always someone who does it better then you and if not there will be.

For those who don´t know: Roberts almost drove Freelancer into the ground back in the day until his former company got bought out by Microsoft.
Now thanks to crowdfunding there is noone who is threatning to pull the plug, therefore there is no incentive to ever stop developing.

As an anecdote to this:
Ken Levin (Bioshock) once said in an interview that the day he feared the most during development was the day of release, not because it is open to public critizism, but because then he has to stop ..well .. the development.

Of course it is not in my right to tell anyone what to do and how to handle their life or their projects however I ´d also like to suggest getting someone from the outside - preferably someone with coding / managing experience and let this person have a look at it.

And for those who are disgruntled and still subscribed on Patreon:

Cancel it for the time beeing. Don´t give an incentive to never stop.

I wish you all a nice new year

And despite my rant:

I wish you success and a fruitful new year, Komissari : ) Best of luck

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
if a dev is taking a long time to make something, then I see that in the comments and know to avoid and not be disappointed, much better than getting a rose tinted view from possible shill accounts or those who have fallen into the sunk cost mentality.
The most objective approach to finding that out is looking at the actual latest release and (in some threads) the release history of a game. Of course then you'll have to account for the size of the respective updates.

What grates me is not so much criticism of the release schedule as such but the terminology used by some. Being disappointed or even thinking a product sucks because nothing is happening is a different story than "liar" and "milking" - the latter is accusing the dev of intentionally misleading, which we don't know.

Also, a lot of these posts reek of entitlement. Patreon being what it is (and I therefore do not like it as a platform to support game development) you are owed nothing even as a patreon, much less as a pirate on these forums.

Also the fact that the poster who started this iteration of the discussion is using an obvious sockpuppet instead of his main account and is circumventing the spirit of the forum rules after (at least) two posts got deleted for that doesn't help the impression I get that someone seems to be trolling here just to rile people up without being ready to face the consequences (and I am well aware that here I am assuming a motive, just like I said you shouldn't do just a few lines ago).

Reactions: Kantanshi

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
To add another random person's input: I could put together a pretty decently sized list of games I've been waiting a year minimum to get an update from. Update times are probably one of the most debated/argued topics on the site (that and NTR arguments, yikes).

The way I see it, it's just another part of the site's culture. This isn't the first game to take forever to update and certainly won't be the last. Accepting that, I think it's pretty easy to move on in a sense and explore the plethora of other games on the site to pass time and fill that craving. What makes it hard is that this game is good, and probably among the best of the Koikatsu games at the least. So naturally, we all want more. Wouldn't be so many people here discussing it otherwise.

Am I disappointed about some of the recent happenings? Yeah, but not at all surprised. I personally don't think we'll get the big update before march, and in march if we are lucky (though let's hope this part ages badly). At the end of the day I'm occasionally taking two minutes to see if there's any news and then moving on when there isn't. When the update finally drops I'll still be happy.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Sorry, I'm not good at English, but is the update rescheduled and for what date?
Yes and no. It is not an update but a release of a "Holiday Special". There never was a promised time but he said he will go back to working on the real update on January 1st (so yesterday) from which people inferred that the Holiday Special would be released on December 31st the latest which doesn't seem to have happened.

Am I missing reading the game banner on here or has it really not gotten an update in 2 years and still at 0.1.2?
You are not missing anything. However, the "0.1.2" is misleading as this 0.1.2 has more content than many a completed game (which is why people stick around, if it only were the usual demo version you'd expect with that number, we'd probably all be gone by now). The idea for the update is to have (at least) as much content as the game so far, so if that happens we would have two games worth of content at 0.2 ...

• Haha
Reactions: Benisbob

NinjaHanzo

Aug 18, 2020
I totally understand people complains and of course i have the same feelings.

But i found this jewel of a game for free and i dont think i can complain, there is a guy out there saying "Even is free you have the right to criticize" or something like that, well... to me is like you go to a clothes store, you steal a shirt and then you complain because isnt your size.

Of course the game and the developer is getting money, but if isnt yours then just be patient.

Well, thats my opinion, most of time i come here, check if there is a new update or will be soon, and then i go my way.

I hope Komisari focus in quality over speed in the next update, i rather have a good amount of interesting content than to have it soon and skip most of it.

Happy new year to everyone!

bib4zqg63k

Aug 1, 2021
The update, or a small update?
Why reply to a message from January 16, 2022? It's actually irrelevant to comment now, just grab a copium and enjoy.
No Chapter 1 (v0.1.3) and no Christmas/New Year special none of them have an ETA.
I believe the game may be going into development hell, after what they've been talking about on the game discord.
Komisari not only has complaints here, but also on discord.
That's from itch...
rthrth.png
I know this is likely to make Komisari unhappy, but it made me laugh a lot. It must be fun to chat to that person.
But don't take it personally for posting this here Komisari, he it just made me laugh a little.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 207 Votes