crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Something has to change here, man. You said as much yourself. When you finish this Christmas update and before you restart on Chapter 1, I would really like to see you put a day or two into getting more organised. I recommend getting a public . You wouldn't even be the first game dev to do it! I use it for work daily to organise myself. It's great!

Break down everything you have to do for Chapter One into their smallest tasks. I don't know exactly what that is because I've never made a game myself, but small enough that you can show daily progress is good. And then stick to it. Don't add anything unless it is vital to get the chapter finished.
This is a fantastic idea, and I would love to hear why Komisari wouldn't do this, beyond making excuses like they did in their reply. There's no good reason to not do this; make the card names the event names, or even just call them Event #X if you want to keep all that hidden from the public eye. Give yourself a hard stop because otherwise you will never finish.

Stop making excuses.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
This is a fantastic idea, and I would love to hear why Komisari wouldn't do this, beyond making excuses like they did in their reply. There's no good reason to not do this [...]

Stop making excuses.
[...] I want it to be perfect, and that's... well, not the good way of doing it. The problem is I said this a million times and I'm, of course, trying to fix it.

[...]

As I showed before, I work on HHG non-stop almost every single day. I'm trying to fix stuff, I'm trying to organize my life and the development of the game.
I will definitely check Trello, I didn't say I wouldn't do it, nor made excuses of why wouldn't I do it. I do not know were the excuse is at.

I'm sorry if I didn't specifically said that I will definitely check it out. I was focusing my stuff on the scam and the "dev do nothing" part.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
But It gets me nervous when someone says I'm a scammer, or that I don't do anything. Because I'm working every single day on the game and I'm extremely tired of showing whatever I have to show for people to, at least, understand that the game is being worked on and It's not a scam or something.

shows the latest renders I've done, with the date and everything.
Totally get that. Personally I have no reason to doubt you have been working a lot. From a player's perspective though, these things are binary. Until you release something, what we have to go on is nothing. If you die from a heart attack tomorrow (god forbid), you will not have updated this game for more than... (how long has it been?)

That's just the simple truth.

As for your feature creep tendencies, your chaos yet perfectionism, maybe start learning less on how to develop, and more on how to create a workflow. It's just as important in making games.

Best of luck to you, and hope once again feel that enthusiasm I felt while playing the first few releases when the new update finally drops.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
I found my new update distraction. I bought myself a Quest 2 and I'm checking out both normal and hentai VR games. Some have been interesting, some horrible. I've put some time into my "waiting for update patience" bank.

GarbageCat

Jun 17, 2020
I like how people are giving Komisari shit for taking his time to make it right the first release. They're probably the same people who expected CP2077 or Andromeda to be perfect despite being rushed. Those were AAA games and they failed hard. This... this is a single guy making a game solo; animating, positioning, modeling, story writing, debugging, coding, RECODING, debugging the recode, play testing, answering patreon mail, answering THIS thread. Honestly, the amount he makes a month for donations wouldn't cover me fielding all that and the social aspect. As much as people have been bitching, I'm surprised he hasn't just said "Fuck it, we'll do it live!" and twitch stream the process just to shut you all up.

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
People accusing of scamming (y)
Holy Guardian Paladin VARPing (y)
Over two years since the last update (y)
Random holiday event thing (y)
I never wanted to see these flags raised on this game.

I like how people are giving Komisari shit for taking his time to make it right the first release.
There's honestly a possibility that he needs it. He's stated multiple (or at least once, don't quote me on that please my memory is really bad sometimes) times that he felt pressure to make the update perfect after the high praise the game has gotten. While big, fat, throbbing updates are great they offer little in the way of feedback. I worry that without this feedback along with Komi's perfectionism and the time put into the update might result in a less than desired reception. Perfection is hard, it's even harder going in blind like this.

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
Two more weeks.......

The first version of this game had more scenes than the second. And the 2nd update was a pretty small holiday event.
It's been 3 years?

Prediction for next update:

January-February: still working on the holiday update!

March-May: Combining it with Easter!

June-October: Actually going to work on the chapter instead!

November-January: Releasing the holiday update (lol) soon!

The dev refutes all the claims he's not really working on the game by spending all his time refuting claims he's not working on the game. When you give someone a deadline, and they spend the next 3 years claiming they're really working on it (they swear!) instead of just accomplishing their task it's obvious what's going on. Sophisticated scam.

ICSTOR will drop his next two updates before this guy releases his short update.

Not to mention there's a lot of red flags with the finer details. The release model doesn't make any sense, it would be a pain in the ass to beta test, people forget about it, funds to hire more people that he doesn't use, constant low-efffort or vague screenshots supposedly showing how he's really working.

After this post, maybe there'll be some sort of health emergency relating to carpal tunnel syndrome or his eyes again in the upcoming months.

Here's how Komisari can still update. Two more weeks.......

Last edited:

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
People accusing of scamming (y)
Holy Guardian Paladin VARPing (y)
Over two years since the last update (y)
Random holiday event thing (y)
I never wanted to see these flags raised on this game.

There's honestly a possibility that he needs it. He's stated multiple (or at least once, don't quote me on that please my memory is really bad sometimes) times that he felt pressure to make the update perfect after the high praise the game has gotten. While big, fat, throbbing updates are great they offer little in the way of feedback. I worry that without this feedback along with Komi's perfectionism and the time put into the update might result in a less than desired reception. Perfection is hard, it's even harder going in blind like this.
The longer it takes, the higher the expectations will end up becoming

kanekiogava

Oct 10, 2020
dudes chill in the end of the day if he dont want to make the game becouse of hate its on you
Don't forget to renew your subscription on Komisari's patreon, maybe this summer you will celebrate New Year's events in the guild and wait again for three years of empty promises. If Komisari is not lying about the update, then I will personally apologize here in the comments. But for now, keep paying him on patreon. ;)

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
Don't forget to renew your subscription on Komisari's patreon
I know this was not to me but I wanted to respond. Unlike many of the leechers playing this game, I did in fact donate to his Patreon for a bit. Yes, I said donate. I voluntarily gave money to Komi as a token of my appreciation for the game he is making. I did not pay for the game. That's what many of the leechers do not understand. You are donating, you aren't buying. I'm fine waiting until he releases the update. If that's another year from now, although I don't think it will be, so be it. I donated an amount I could afford knowing there is the possibility there will be no more updates. That's how these games go sometimes. Life happens and things don't go as planned. Once people can wrap their brains around this fact, then they will begin to live their lives a little more stress free.
IMHO, Komi has every intent to release the update as soon as he can. He sidetracked on an event in the hopes it would please some of the people waiting for something. He's doing what he can. He is one person making a game that is much better than most of them out there. If, for some reason, the update never comes I will not lose sleep over it. I'll be disappointed, sure. I'll miss seeing what future events hold for Lucy.
Komi, just keep plugging away. Don't rush, we don't want unnecessary mistakes. Let the Mad Fappers rage. Nothing you do will please them. They live for making things difficult. They aren't happy unless they have something, no matter how inconsequential, to complain about.

standbygames

Mar 13, 2018
3 weeks since christmas. I don't get it... he saw the negative reception to him sidelining the real update for a non-canon holiday patch no one asked for and then instead of wrapping it up to get back to chapter 1 proceeds to double down on the holiday patch so hard it gets delayed like a month, pushing the real chapter 1 update even further away? He said he would be back to working on the main game on January 1st, I guess that was just another "whoopsie".

Copium take hopes he decided to scrap the holiday patch due to the reception and roll it's events into the main game where they make sense and make them canon and he's going to release it all at once sometime soon. But given this guys history that's likely just a pipe dream.

Last edited:

patriarchy1

Feb 24, 2020
3 weeks since christmas. I don't get it... he saw the negative reception to him sidelining the real update for a non-canon holiday patch no one asked for and then instead of wrapping it up to get back to chapter 1 proceeds to double down on the holiday patch so hard it gets delayed like a month, pushing the real chapter 1 update even further away? He said he would be back to working on the main game on January 1st, I guess that was just another "whoopsie".

Copium take hopes he decided to scrap the holiday patch due to the reception and roll it's events into the main game where they make sense and make them canon and he's going to release it all at once sometime soon. But given this guys history that's likely just a pipe dream.
Maybe he never worked on the main patch. Something got to him a few months ago so he rushed out a quick patch to "own the haters".

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Maybe he never worked on the main patch. Something got to him a few months ago so he rushed out a quick patch to "own the haters".
Hello! Please check a couple of messages above where I show a video of an almost every-day date of renders.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
That has to be the saddest cope I've seen yet. "Getting scammed was worth it".
How is he scamming? Who is he scamming?

Donating to Patreon is just that. A donation. Money you are giving with the expectation of nothing in return as you are *donating* to a person who you wish to show appreciation to for work they have done. People aren't purchasing the game nor shares in the game.

As far as who? If you don't go into donating on Patreon with the expectation of the possibility of getting literally nothing in the future, then that's on them, not on the person being donated to. I think it's safe to say that half the games people have donated to have gone tits up in the past. Don't spend money you can not afford to lose. Simple as that. 90% (probably more) of the people playing this game have never put a penny in the ante and I suspect you are in this group. No one is getting scammed. It's a voluntary risk. It's like buying stocks or crypto. Things can go to shit and you might lose everything if the company goes down. If you're lucky, you get a return.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes