Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
You know that ASAP is entirely relative right? For me to get up ASAP takes a few seconds. For me to get to the moon ASAP
I, of course, was talking in terms of Komi's ASAP since it's his game that is under discussion. Why would I refer to a hypothetical person's hypothetical actions? In other words: More time than you are apparently willing to wait, but less time than it takes nature to make a volcano. Is that a nebulous enough answer for you or were you just being snarky?

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
No it's not, just read the previous page ...
Yea some guy posted a file explorer screenshot and speculated what the dev must have completed so far despite not updating anything in 2-3 years. It's abandoned. That's why the F95zone devs are keeping this abandoned despite some people begging to lift the tag. Because they have seen this scam before.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
Yea some guy posted a file explorer screenshot and speculated what the dev must have completed so far despite not updating anything in 2-3 years. It's abandoned. That's why the F95zone devs are keeping this abandoned despite some people begging to lift the tag. Because they have seen this scam before.
That wasn't "some guy" you doofus. That was the dev. No one is begging for the tag to be lifted. Stop being a bitter prick because your favorite fap material isn't being released quick enough for you.
To the people asking if it's been abandoned, the dev claims he is still working on it. If a game does not have an update within 18 months then the abandoned tag is automatically added to the game. If you read back in the thread you can see him talking about his plans. That he admits that his original method of working on the game isn't working out well and he's going to try to change how he's going to release it. We can hope that this is all truth and a release will be here shortly, but I'm not going to deny that it may not happen. I hope it does but I'm not going to hold my breath. Life happens and not always for the better.
Komisari, I know your intent is to get a release out to us as soon as you can. I appreciate your effort.

flastus

Nov 5, 2020
I will start using Trello right after the Christmas event.
And I will also --> PROBABLY <-- cut down Chapter 1 in parts.
It's really nice both for people to see the progress and to have an overall % of how much is done. I will, of course, add and remove things at will, it won't be a fixed % like a roadmap.
if I release SOMETHING.
Komi,
Your project seems to be suffering form the classic problems that plague any creative effort like a book, or movie, or software. One other thing using a tool to organize your work will do is let you better visualize how long it will take to get stuff done. Skip this if you've ever worked on a scrum team or other agile team - I'm writing all of this because I get the impression that you haven't - but basically, if you want to get stuff done on time you need to A) know how much stuff there is, and B) have a good guess about how long it will take to get stuff done. Organizing your work into time-boxed periods (sprints) where you commit to getting a certain amount of work done in that time, then constantly reviewing and refining your outstanding work items and estimates, lets you visualize your schedule. To run a good sprint, you need to have a plan for the sprint that is clear, and the ability to complete the work you commit to in the sprint. Sprints are short, like 2 weeks. After each sprint, you review what went well, what didn't, and how good your estimates were, and you eventually get a good sense of how much work can be done in a sprint.

Once you know how long the upcoming work will take, you will be able to guess how far your schedule slips if you add new work. Nothing will ever be released if you never stop changing it, so you have to, at some point, stop adding new things.
Not adding new things means maybe all of Chapter 1 doesn't get some cool new feature throughout its story, but then, that's functionally equivalent to "I'll add it in Chapter 1 release 3" or whatever.

A software team typically has changing requirements and scope creep all the time, and it takes project management and editorial skills to push back on that and to cut things that aren't necessary if you want to meet a deadline. Of course, sometimes it's worth slipping a deadline if it means a better product, but a later product might not be a better product either... just look at CDPR's latest releases, where they've had missed deadlines AND shoddy releases. I have the impression that you're struggling with both sides of this issue - give yourself the freedom of having a deadline, and cutting out or defering work that prevents you from meeting that deadline.

And FYI, having gone through this many times at work - the best time to start project management is at the start of the project. The second best time is right now - don't wait for some milestone. Just organize all your outstanding tasks into a backlog, divide up your time into equal sprints, plan the remaining work, and set a deadline, then don't add any more work until that deadline is met. If you must add work, remove other work. The deadline is your friend, it's where your goal is, it's what organizes your work and lets you decide what's important.

D95

Mar 16, 2018
Komi,
Your project seems to be suffering form the classic problems that plague any creative effort like a book, or movie, or software. One other thing using a tool to organize your work will do is let you better visualize how long it will take to get stuff done. Skip this if you've ever worked on a scrum team or other agile team - I'm writing all of this because I get the impression that you haven't - but basically, if you want to get stuff done on time you need to A) know how much stuff there is, and B) have a good guess about how long it will take to get stuff done. Organizing your work into time-boxed periods (sprints) where you commit to getting a certain amount of work done in that time, then constantly reviewing and refining your outstanding work items and estimates, lets you visualize your schedule. To run a good sprint, you need to have a plan for the sprint that is clear, and the ability to complete the work you commit to in the sprint. Sprints are short, like 2 weeks. After each sprint, you review what went well, what didn't, and how good your estimates were, and you eventually get a good sense of how much work can be done in a sprint.

Once you know how long the upcoming work will take, you will be able to guess how far your schedule slips if you add new work. Nothing will ever be released if you never stop changing it, so you have to, at some point, stop adding new things.
Not adding new things means maybe all of Chapter 1 doesn't get some cool new feature throughout its story, but then, that's functionally equivalent to "I'll add it in Chapter 1 release 3" or whatever.

A software team typically has changing requirements and scope creep all the time, and it takes project management and editorial skills to push back on that and to cut things that aren't necessary if you want to meet a deadline. Of course, sometimes it's worth slipping a deadline if it means a better product, but a later product might not be a better product either... just look at CDPR's latest releases, where they've had missed deadlines AND shoddy releases. I have the impression that you're struggling with both sides of this issue - give yourself the freedom of having a deadline, and cutting out or defering work that prevents you from meeting that deadline.

And FYI, having gone through this many times at work - the best time to start project management is at the start of the project. The second best time is right now - don't wait for some milestone. Just organize all your outstanding tasks into a backlog, divide up your time into equal sprints, plan the remaining work, and set a deadline, then don't add any more work until that deadline is met. If you must add work, remove other work. The deadline is your friend, it's where your goal is, it's what organizes your work and lets you decide what's important.
Thanks Mr Scrum zealot, now you can feel at work while being at home working on your free time on pet projects. Those are advices for those who manage, but never achieve by themselves. That's a lot more pleasant on this side of the fence.

Once all this planning is ready, one has no motivation left to work on any task any more. It just consumes the scarce pleasure you might have to get anything done as it leaves you with a tasteless pile of tasks, after hours of planning, and that's why you mostly see it on corporate jobs.

Komi has probably achieved quite a lot for his Chapter 1, probably more than enough for a release. But he just totally underestimated the amount of work, and should have gone for smaller releases, which is infuriating.

Last edited:

DXZ19

Apr 13, 2018
Then I wager they aren't good at detecting scams then lolololol. Serious the amount of flak this game has been getting is somewhat ridiculous. Arguably, people are frustrated that this game has been delayed to 2~3 years with the first chapter update and the idea instead of releasing content monthly or a few monthly the guy decides to go the route of a long delay huge load blow. That is fair but at the same time, there hasn't been much to warrant this being a scam. Now if the release actually turns to be shit then that might change. BUTT, the update isn't out for people to decide and I say again. There hasn't been much to warrant a scam just yet. There is one thing to note that makes komisari stands out, is that he actually commuincates on this site. Which is a partial forum/pirate site. So the fact that this is willing to update and chat on this site, is a sign of transparency of and effort on his part. Now I'm not defending him, but just being fair. If he actually scams people than yea, feel free to tear him a new asshole. But there hasn't been much to indicate as such. Do you wanna know what is actually a scam? Or the very least has more evidences to suggest that and deserves people's unbridled rage? Project Fallen Doll: Operation Lovecraft, serious any minimum research on that sets off HUGE RED FLAGS.

TrickyK

Jul 10, 2018
As someone who really enjoyed this game and rode the hype train for the next update for a while, even if the dev isn't trying to milk their patrons, it definitely feels like it. It's been over 2 years since the last release. I kept up with all of the sneak peeks and everything else they've posted, and I was happy to see the dev post a 5 minute story event, but even that isn't enough to keep people going forever.

I'm not here to rag on Komi, but this latest series of delays has made many people reach the limit of their patience. No amount of sneak peeks, file explorer screenshots, or communication can show your work better than actually having something to play. We can see the work through screenshots and whatever else they post, but to actually have it to enjoy is the only way we know for certain.

My suggestion Komi is that if you have even remotely the amount of content done as you say you do, to package some of it into a state to be released, and just dump it. Even if it's just a bit. If it's buggy, oh well, imagine if you released the whole thing at once and had to bugfix it. If you wanted to be devious about it, release it and have the content end on a massive cliffhanger.

I know this goes against what you have repeatedly said of wanting to release the whole thing at once, so do what you will. But this is the easiest way I can think of to give people something that they can say for sure "Oh so the dev WAS actually working on the game".

Since you read posts here, I don't really think this is an issue, but be careful not to surround yourself with the "Yes men" in your discord. I see many of them there reassuring you to release it when it's ready, but I believe the criticism here is somewhat deserved at this point. The roadmap has ceased being updated for over a year, and it seems you are constantly moving the goal post, and trying to add more content which pushes development back further and further.

To quote you from the roadmap in the discord " DISCLAIMER; I will never promise you guys something that I can't keep. That's why I won't promise a estimated time or some of the features listened above. "

You proceeded to set a deadline and then miss it by over a month as of now. Don't let this scare you off from setting deadlines. It's important to have a schedule to stick to. But after doing something like that, people are going to start questioning if anything is going to get released.

I don't know why someone would put so much effort into making a game, just to end up milking patrons, but with over 2 years of nothing being released it's a possibility that can't really be ignored at this point, as much as I want to believe. With all the effort that went into the content being turned into sneak peeks, it'd be easier to actually work on the game at that point, rather than come up with some random thing to string people along with.

I want my doubts here to be proven wrong, as does everyone here that thinks the game is dead. We wouldn't be here if we didn't want the update.

2 years is a long time, and it makes me wonder how many people have passed away in the discord while waiting for the update to drop.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
My suggestion Komi is that if you have even remotely the amount of content done as you say you do, to package some of it into a state to be released, and just dump it. Even if it's just a bit. If it's buggy, oh well, imagine if you released the whole thing at once and had to bugfix it.

I want my doubts here to be proven wrong, as does everyone here that thinks the game is dead. We wouldn't be here if we didn't want the update.

2 years is a long time, and it makes me wonder how many people have passed away in the discord while waiting for the update to drop.
I agree with a lot of what you wrote, but the above is something that is dangerous for any dev in this situation, in my opinion. Waiting for 2 years, and then showing up with an update that is not done (as they said it would be) and is buggy? That might be the nail in the coffin.

I don't know what the right move is, but I agree with you that Komisari is in a difficult spot where whatever they do can be bad. It's just been very long, and longer than estimated and said. And that last part is what has caused the most damage of all.

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
As someone who really enjoyed this game and rode the hype train for the next update for a while, even if the dev isn't trying to milk their patrons, it definitely feels like it. It's been over 2 years since the last release. I kept up with all of the sneak peeks and everything else they've posted, and I was happy to see the dev post a 5 minute story event, but even that isn't enough to keep people going forever.

I'm not here to rag on Komi, but this latest series of delays has made many people reach the limit of their patience. No amount of sneak peeks, file explorer screenshots, or communication can show your work better than actually having something to play. We can see the work through screenshots and whatever else they post, but to actually have it to enjoy is the only way we know for certain.

My suggestion Komi is that if you have even remotely the amount of content done as you say you do, to package some of it into a state to be released, and just dump it. Even if it's just a bit. If it's buggy, oh well, imagine if you released the whole thing at once and had to bugfix it. If you wanted to be devious about it, release it and have the content end on a massive cliffhanger.

I know this goes against what you have repeatedly said of wanting to release the whole thing at once, so do what you will. But this is the easiest way I can think of to give people something that they can say for sure "Oh so the dev WAS actually working on the game".

Since you read posts here, I don't really think this is an issue, but be careful not to surround yourself with the "Yes men" in your discord. I see many of them there reassuring you to release it when it's ready, but I believe the criticism here is somewhat deserved at this point. The roadmap has ceased being updated for over a year, and it seems you are constantly moving the goal post, and trying to add more content which pushes development back further and further.

To quote you from the roadmap in the discord " DISCLAIMER; I will never promise you guys something that I can't keep. That's why I won't promise a estimated time or some of the features listened above. "

You proceeded to set a deadline and then miss it by over a month as of now. Don't let this scare you off from setting deadlines. It's important to have a schedule to stick to. But after doing something like that, people are going to start questioning if anything is going to get released.

I don't know why someone would put so much effort into making a game, just to end up milking patrons, but with over 2 years of nothing being released it's a possibility that can't really be ignored at this point, as much as I want to believe. With all the effort that went into the content being turned into sneak peeks, it'd be easier to actually work on the game at that point, rather than come up with some random thing to string people along with.

Komisari releases update tomorrow. Ban this troll.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes