Ismjahson

Aug 14, 2018
I don't pay for anything and the dude releases for free so idc tbh. He can do whatever he wants.

For patreon dudes though, this has to sting. I'd understand procrastinating or being burnt out on a project done in your freetime, but not a full-time gig. And this is making 6k on patreon so it certainly is a fulltime gig.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There has been a steady bleed off of patreon subs from 10k a month at the time of last update to 6k now, but it's crazy how many people haven't jumped ship yet. Sunk cost I guess

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Ok, its been a while since I visited this thread. Last time I was here, however, people we on dev's side, I hardly saw any serious complains. Anyone can break down what happened, besides the obvious delay (was there even a release date set)?

Silverthorn

Apr 7, 2020
Ok, its been a while since I visited this thread. Last time I was here, however, people we on dev's side, I hardly saw any serious complains. Anyone can break down what happened, besides the obvious delay (was there even a release date set)?
The biggest issue that a lot of people have is that the update has had delay after delay over the years, and most recently the update was completely stopped to work on a Christmas Special that never materialized.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
1st: Dev admits that he's bad at estimating timelines and that it was a mistake to try and release the whole chapter at once, but says while he's learned his lesson he's too far in to just release what he has now so he's just gonna truck on and finish it.
2nd: Dev immediately backtrack on that and announces that he's pausing working on the chapter to make a Christmas event no one asked for cause "other devs do it".
3rd: Dev clearly hasn't learned his lesson and is still bad at estimating timelines cause it's more than a month after the Christmas event was supposed to come out and he's still released nothing.

TLDR: Komisari admits to have made some mistakes in how he's been working on the game, but still continues to make the same mistakes which is killing the goodwill fans have left.

Personally I'm still in the camp of: If it comes out I'll play it, and if it doesn't I'll play something else.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Man
1st: Dev admits that he's bad at estimating timelines and that it was a mistake to try and release the whole chapter at once, but says while he's learned his lesson he's too far in to just release what he has now so he's just gonna truck on and finish it.
2nd: Dev immediately backtrack on that and announces that he's pausing working on the chapter to make a Christmas event no one asked for cause "other devs do it".
3rd: Dev clearly hasn't learned his lesson and is still bad at estimating timelines cause it's more than a month after the Christmas event was supposed to come out and he's still released nothing.

TLDR: Komisari admits to have made some mistakes in how he's been working on the game, but still continues to make the same mistakes which is killing the goodwill fans have left.

Personally I'm still in the camp of: If it comes out I'll play it, and if it doesn't I'll play something else.
Man I hope he doesn't do that thing some devs do where they work on content for a long time and then decide to remake the first bit because it's not up to their "current standard". One of the benefits of semi-regular content releases is the fact the dev can't stunlock himself into not releasing an update. This is especially likely to happen when said content has been taking 2+ years because devs don't want to release something disappointing and lose their income.

I'm also honestly surprised this dude is making so much money with zero content released in 2+ years. One of the main benefits of patreon games with regular updates is that players can actually detect bugs and also tell the dev if they add shit systems or the game goes in direction nobody wants. So many people are putting blind faith that the dev will release the game, the game releases without a shit ton of bugs because the playerbase hasn't been able to playtest it for 2+ years AND also the game hasn't gone off the rails and added shitty systems or stories that nobody wanted. I'm guessing they just saw the first good release, donated money and then forgot about the game lol.

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
announces that he's pausing working on the chapter to make a Christmas event no one asked
hehe, I actually was one of the people asking for it. I wanted to see the girls at Christmas, and it is a common and liked thing for games.

Doing a seasonal event conceptually isn't a bad thing, it's just the developer can't get things done in a reasonable timeframe, so his work missed Christmas, and delayed the already delayed chapter.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
hehe, I actually was one of the people asking for it. I wanted to see the girls at Christmas, and it is a common and liked thing for games.

Doing a seasonal event conceptually isn't a bad thing, it's just the developer can't get things done in a reasonable timeframe, so his work missed Christmas, and delayed the already delayed chapter.
How exactly would that work without the chapter itself? Do you mean some standalone thing? To be honest that sounds like shit. Any christmas content should be implemented into the game itself imo just like the halloween update.

Oct 3, 2017
How exactly would that work without the chapter itself? Do you mean some standalone thing? To be honest that sounds like shit. Any christmas content should be implemented into the game itself imo just like the halloween update.
It's not standalone. U have to have the base game, It will work just like a halloween event.

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Oh then that's fine but it should really be AFTER the new chapter gets released.
Definitely not, if you consider the fact that the Christmas update was planned to take 2 months to make and it's so far has been 3 with no release, imagin by how much the dev probably miscalculated the time it would take to complete the main update and how much longer you would have to wait. If he releases something at least we will know for sure that he is actually making something, otherwise it's just the dev's word and over 2 years of no update. So as things are he needs to release something asap since trust is wearing thin at this point even for the most devout fans of the game.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Definitely not, if you consider the fact that the Christmas update was planned to take 2 months to make and it's so far has been 3 with no release, imagin by how much the dev probably miscalculated the time it would take to complete the main update and how much longer you would have to wait. If he releases something at least we will know for sure that he is actually making something, otherwise it's just the dev's word and over 2 years of no update. So as things are he needs to release something asap since trust is wearing thin at this point even for the most devout fans of the game.
Hmm I can see what you mean from that POV but either way we would only get content if it's being worked on. I guess the shorter deadline prevents him from stunlocking himself by worrying about quality. Btw was the deadline that's just passed for the christmas update or the whole chapter? I see some people saying the update isn't coming out at all.

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Hmm I can see what you mean from that POV but either way we would only get content if it's being worked on. I guess the shorter deadline prevents him from stunlocking himself by worrying about quality. Btw was the deadline that's just passed for the christmas update or the whole chapter? I see some people saying the update isn't coming out at all.
The promised date for the main update was by the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023. Whether the deadline has passed or not depends on how you interpret 'beginning' of 2023. I wouldn't say it passed, but I doubt the deadline will be met given the circumstances.

Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
I figured I'd check back in and remind the Dev, if he's still lurking, of some advice I gave a little while back. One way to take pressure off yourself is to pause Patreon payments as long as you have enough savings to do so. And work on the game for free for a while. It sounds crazy, I know. But I cannot tell you what an enormous weight would lift off your shoulders. And how much easier it is to be effective when you don't have to worry quite as much about letting people down.

Will it lift all of the expectations off your shoulders? No. But it will lift some. And it will temporarily halt your brain from adding more and more weight every day.

Last edited:

Elyauris

Mar 28, 2019
One way to take pressure off yourself is to pause Patreon payments as long as you have enough savings to do so. And work on the game for free for a while.
2-3 years without update but still earning a lot of $$$$ from patreon..... Not a chance :)
I'm afraid that this is another scam, especially after he announced that we will get a new update before a new year (2023)...
and then he said something about Christmas update - and still nothing....
and then he said that he is working on Christmas update, and the 0.1.3 update is on-hold because of this....
and then 2023 came, and he said he is working hard on Christmas update, and will resume work on 0.1.3 after he finish this....
and some time later he announced, he's bad at planing, and apologised and don't know when he will finish this.. but is still working on this
and now another month is at the end, and we still not have 0.1.3 nor even this Christmas update....

But he still earns $$$ for patreon, and claims he's working on updates etc . . .

(And BOOM!! - After my comment, the next day he releases both Christmas update and 0.1.3.. "Mark my words" Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-30 212607.png

trying-not-to-laugh-zoom-in.gif

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes