Quackille

Jul 28, 2022
"Why the abandoned tag?"

Well, could just look at the first page and look for "Thread Last Updated 2020-11-23 ".
You could sell that, but some people want dramatic and juicy details like "Because the dev is working on a non canon holiday update of a holiday that was over a month in a half ago and won't finish Ch:1 until Valve counts to Three." or Because the dev is like, "WTF is an ETA? I'm gonna feature creep the crap out this because being organized and setting deadlines is for kitty cats!":D

Nitroxyde

Aug 15, 2020
She... really looks worse?
Oh my, I'm finding out I have terrible taste, or what
Personally I prefer the first version, because I'm a milf lover and the "sleepy" eyes gives a very nice "ara ara" tone to a face. And she has the maneurism and looks of a more mature woman so it fitted nicely.

But ultimately, if this face allows you to make better expressions for certain ( :BootyTime: ) scenes and you feel more comfortable using this one, I guess that's for the best. Although it's always a bit painful when a character-design you like get drastically changed like that.
She just looks a bit too "girly" to me like that. I just hope her personality won't change too much in that sense either.

Last edited:

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
She just looks a bit too "girly" to me like that. I just hope her personality won't change too much in that sense either.
Well, that was one of the problems! Shino is not a milf and she's not supposed to be the ara ara type. She has the same age as our MC. Her personality will remain the same, but she had to look a little bit younger.

Reactions: HogRocket

Nitroxyde

Aug 15, 2020
Well, that was one of the problems! Shino is not a milf and she's not supposed to be the ara ara type. She has the same age as our MC. Her personality will remain the same, but she had to look a little bit younger.
Yeah she might not be. But she played the part quite nicely still, in my opinion ;)

Even more since she's a nurse. And even even more if she ends up a witch. Although Leticia got us covered here I guess.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Komisari

Zovk Darkness

Oct 26, 2020
Nono, don't worry, all other characters almost look the exact same. Shino looks quite similar, is not a big change, she just needed that change to not be... well... dead 24/7.
Most of the characters just had a small change...
Shino looks much better now, I always thought even in the more happy scenes she was sad/dead.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Komisari

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
A friend showed me a picture of a shino with brown hair, made by Toshi no KK which is on the HHG server is it ok to also show what I did on the server even if it's really bad and doesn't compare to the original shino?
That picture of Shino is made by me. It's a really old image showing how Shino would look if she had brown hair.
And yep! You can show whatever you want, you can put it in #hhg-fan-arts or #creator-sanctuary.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zovk Darkness

Zovk Darkness

Oct 26, 2020
That picture of Shino is made by me. It's a really old image showing how Shino would look if she had brown hair.
And yep! You can show whatever you want, you can put it in #hhg-fan-arts or #creator-sanctuary.
It's on #hhg-fan-arts if you want to see how it turned out.

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
Reminds me of what they did to Lily in corrupted kingdoms a few years back. He had to change quite a few models and most of them were okay but lily lost her more somber look.
Haven't checked the thread in a while and this was the first things that came to mind when I saw a character change. Its one of the main reasons I stopped playing and supporting CK. Granted Arc was forced to do so because he was using models without permission, but the differences made it feel like they were completely different characters after I had played so many times with the originals. My point being, so what if Shino had "dead eyes"? Why change it now after so long?

The next thing I thought was, what about the models in the prologue? Is Komi going to go back and re-render all those scenes again with the newer models? How much more of a delay is that going to be?

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
My point being, so what if Shino had "dead eyes"?
Extremely difficult to make expressions with her.

Why change it now after so long?
It was changed more than a year ago, most, if not all of Chapter 1 renders have the same Shino. This change is not recent, not at all.
This is a render of Shino level 10, currently in v0.1.2
shino_event10 (25).png

This is a render of Shino level 11. Of Chapter 1. The very next event. There are some differences in the hair, and she now opens her eyes a little bit.
shino_event11 (58).png

This is a render of Shino level 13.
shino_event13 (39).png

And this is a more recent one. The difference between the one of lvl 11, lvl 13, and this one, is that the first two were made in October 2021, since then I've practiced a lot and found new ways to make expressions and that's why characters might look a little bit different.

shino_christmas_candy1 (91).png

The next thing I thought was, what about the models in the prologue? Is Komi going to go back and re-render all those scenes again with the newer models? How much more of a delay is that going to be?
I'm not going to rework the prologue, the changes between characters were MINIMAL.
The only thing I have, and would like to rework are scenes from two characters; Leon and The Tree that appears in Evie's quest. Leon because I would like to re-do the tutorial part (before you fall off the cliff, it would be fast), and The Tree for the same reason of Arc, It was a public card, so she got changed.

In short; Don't worry changes are minimal and they do not require me to rework scenes or etc.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes