harfling

Jan 7, 2021
I genuinely hope they show me I'm an idiot for saying this and prove me wrong, but over a thousand patrons with the lack of update for 2 years is insane. I'm going to have to replay the entire thing by the time it comes out just to remember a single thing about the game.

Hopefully the update is great but I should probably forget this game exists again so I don't disappoint myself waiting for it. next update soonTM type shit

• Red Heart
Reactions: Komisari

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
I genuinely hope they show me I'm an idiot for saying this and prove me wrong, but over a thousand patrons with the lack of update for 2 years is insane. I'm going to have to replay the entire thing by the time it comes out just to remember a single thing about the game.

Hopefully the update is great but I should probably forget this game exists again so I don't disappoint myself waiting for it. next update soonTM type shit
Games take time to develop. I'm actually glad a dev took the risk to go the classic route and continuously develop the game in a closed environment and release a new update when there's actually enough content to justify it.

That being said, it's also about how much content is added and how much progress was done. Looking forward to the next update.

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
I'm actually glad a dev took the risk to go the classic route and continuously develop the game in a closed environment and release a new update when there's actually enough content to justify it.
Only thing that worries me about continuously developing a game in a closed environment is that you're not getting the feedback other devs get with smaller/faster updates. I hope it turns out great, but part of me is worried now that its just been over-hyped and won't live up to expectations.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
Only thing that worries me about continuously developing a game in a closed environment is that you're not getting the feedback other devs get with smaller/faster updates.
With the games that do lots of releases with just a couple new renders each time I tend to just wait a year to update anyway. Getting so little content at a time just turns me away from those games. I feel like I might as well just download jpg or gif compilations instead.

Reactions: JLucci

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
That being said, it's also about how much content is added and how much progress was done. Looking forward to the next update.
From what I understand from following Komi's posts, there's going to be more content in the update than there is in the Prolog. Like lots more.

Oct 3, 2017
Komisari this is just a question about the file size of the upcoming update. I was wondering if the new version will be as big (file size) as the prologue which is 9.55 gb. So if the update is even bigger are we going to have to download a game that is at least 15-20 gb? Sorry if this question has already been answered or if it is a stupid question from the programming point of view. I don't know anything about programming/coding. But the possible 20gb file size might be hard to download for many people.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Komisari this is just a question about the file size of the upcoming update. I was wondering if the new version will be as big (file size) as the prologue which is 9.55 gb. So if the update is even bigger are we going to have to download a game that is at least 15-20 gb? Sorry if this question has already been answered or if it is a stupid question from the programming point of view. I don't know anything about programming/coding. But the possible 20gb file size might be hard to download for many people.
Hello, yeah, the entire Chapter 1 will definitely reach 20~ GB of size.
And yeah, it will be harder for some people, for now, I don't see any other fix than just creating an ultra-compressed version or something.
I want to make a launcher to auto-update the game, but that's for later.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Charles de Guernica

Blackbeared

Jun 10, 2019
And yeah, it will be harder for some people, for now, I don't see any other fix than just creating an ultra-compressed version or something.
Goddang that's quite the size. Can't wait to experience it in its full glory!

bigboxbarry

Feb 3, 2018
thankfully ill have fibre internet by then but looking forward to it

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Ah yes, the future versions of being 1 TB in size isn't so far from reality after all.

• Wow
Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

harfling

Jan 7, 2021
Games take time to develop. I'm actually glad a dev took the risk to go the classic route and continuously develop the game in a closed environment and release a new update when there's actually enough content to justify it.

Yeah, that’s why i’m saying I hope that I become the idiot for saying that. I would agree that i’d prefer the more bulk release instead of updates of “two animations and bug fixes!”. Something that actually takes my time. I also still think that the 2 or 3 years is ALOT of time between the update. I’m able to admit I was wrong if i’m proved wrong, though.

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
With the games that do lots of releases with just a couple new renders each time I tend to just wait a year to update anyway. Getting so little content at a time just turns me away from those games. I feel like I might as well just download jpg or gif compilations instead.
Oh, I agree with you on games that do real quick, real small updates. I've been turned away from many of them cause it felt like they were going nowhere, but there is big difference between releasing only a few renders and what Komi is doing. There has to be a middle ground, but how to find the sweet spot between them is hard.

Reactions: Kantanshi
Sep 12, 2020
I loved the prologue and I'm eagerly waiting for the update, but there's no way in hell I'm going to download 20 GB of stuff. Content creators often vastly overestimate the resolution/bitrate they think they need for their images/videos, which results in assets that are 10x what they should be: not everyone needs uber-4k-shiny quality, for many 720p is more than enough (it definitely is for me, I'll play on a laptop, not on a giant TV). I'll wait for a compressed version, that's for sure.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes