bolso_lula

Feb 7, 2023
2 questions from someone new to the game:
0.1.3 will be the final patch?
and how long it takes to finish the content of 0.1.2?

Sh1nki

Aug 10, 2019
2 questions from someone new to the game:
0.1.3 will be the final patch?
and how long it takes to finish the content of 0.1.2?
it should be chapter 1 out of 3 so it will not be final. How long will it take? Literally no one knows, even creator himself. Personaly? I found it extremally unlikely that it will ever be finished. Resposabilty, pressure and stress coused by not being able to deliver will pile on cousing burn out. One day we will find another post explaining how he tried his best but he cant do it anyomore. Dude made 1/3 of chapter 1 in 2 years. How long can he persevire in this without having anthing to show neither to his fans nor himself? probably not another 2 years needed to finish chapter 1.

Reactions: Thedarkdragon007

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Is anyone really shocked that it's delayed? This is a standard thing with Komi lol. All for a x-mas event.....
I'm definitely not shocked, just disappointed. I didn't have my hopes up whatsoever but it's clear as day that Komi's got a real problem with perfectionism, feature creep, and an inability to prioritise. This just reeks of poor management on their side. I want this game to succeed but unless they start considering project management, it will never get better, even after this next release.

And the longer we're made to wait, the higher the expectations will rise. It'll become more and more difficult for Komi to meet those expectations the longer they continue to tweak and add, instead of establishing a firm event cutoff.

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Is anyone really shocked that it's delayed? This is a standard thing with Komi lol. All for a x-mas event.....
There is nothing shocking about delays in game releases in general. Delays are common for all devs. Even the most regular ones like Arcgames have delays, even triple-A games are regularly delayed. The concerning part is that what the dev estimated to take 2 months is taking over 4... now that isn't a good sign for the game... though nor is 2+ years without an update.

The Christmas event isn't the problem. Do you believe that if there was no Christmas update that the dev would be releasing the main update by now or soon? Not likely. Given how he miscalculated the Christmas update chances are he miscalculated the time for the main update even more. He said by end of last year or beginning of this year, but that is unlikely by the looks of things.

If the Christmas update gets released it will be possibe to see that the dev is actually doing something, and that there is still some hope for the game. This would be better than being told to wait for 1.3 indefinitely especially given that people already waited for over 2 years for it.

And the longer we're made to wait, the higher the expectations will rise. It'll become more and more difficult for Komi to meet those expectations the longer they continue to tweak and add, instead of establishing a firm event cutoff.
That's not really true... after more than 2 years the expectations are that he release something, and that he wasn't just milking all this time. I don't know how blissfully ignorant a person would have to be to think that if an update is taking far more than any reasonable time frame it's simply because it's just going to be so much better. Obviously this is happening because there is a problem, and problems rarely make for better games.

Last edited:

Zagnut

Feb 10, 2018
As seen with the most recent pokemon games, hard deadlines make for rushed and incomplete games. Komi's problem is that they're either overestimating themself or underestimating time.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes