zanix11

Nov 14, 2022
Hopefully this game can come out soon enough, it was one of my favorites but I barely remember any of the names of the characters since it has been so long. Its pretty high quality for this site I must say.

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
I like the game and have defended it multiple times, but if there's one thing I can't stand it's when release dates keep being given and not reached. Komi would be doing everyone (including themselves) a favor by not giving out any more until they can literally hit the launch button. A Christmas update in march is already not exciting, and if you're like me, you're going to skip it anyway because I'm not about to ruin literal years of waiting for just a holiday event.

I hate being jerked around by release dates man. It's like my biggest pet peeve on this site.
If he won't give out a release date and just say its done when its done. People will unsubscribe from his Patreon immediately. Because at this point, its rather difficult to defend Komisari. If he comes around with that, people will realize what's up.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
If he won't give out a release date and just say its done when its done. People will unsubscribe from his Patreon immediately. Because at this point, its rather difficult to defend Komisari. If he comes around with that, people will realize what's up.
I kind of disagree. Correct me if I'm wrong (because it has been awhile) but for a long time I don't think 1.3/chapter 1 even had a release date besides saying it would be 2022 at some point. During this whole time period Komi has maintained a great Patreon backing. But with this update specifically Komi has almost painted themselves into a corner now that people are more or less expecting it any day now. Though I'm not in the Discord so maybe people are taking it a lot better there.

There are always going to be people frustrated that the update is taking long, but it really is a whole different issue when we are given release dates, we get to that release date, and suddenly it's delayed again and again. In my eyes anyway.

*Edit* I'd be curious to see how others feel about not being given a release date at all vs being hit with multiple delays, but that's getting a little off topic at that point.

Reactions: crustlord12

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
I kind of disagree. Correct me if I'm wrong (because it has been awhile) but for a long time I don't think 1.3/chapter 1 even had a release date besides saying it would be 2022 at some point. During this whole time period Komi has maintained a great Patreon backing. But with this update specifically Komi has almost painted themselves into a corner now that people are more or less expecting it any day now. Though I'm not in the Discord so maybe people are taking it a lot better there.

There are always going to be people frustrated that the update is taking long, but it really is a whole different issue when we are given release dates, we get to that release date, and suddenly it's delayed again and again. In my eyes anyway.

*Edit* I'd be curious to see how others feel about not being given a release date at all vs being hit with multiple delays, but that's getting a little off topic at that point.
Komisari gave a release date because it has been so long. Because even his most loyal fans realized something is off. You had literal riots even on his discord.

Reactions: Boopeeman

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Don't forget the whole "It (chapter 1) will definitely be released in 2022".

It's not just about missing a release window. It's about missing a release window, so starting a minor project, missing that release window by 'bout a quarter of a year, and then announcing another delay.

I think that adds to it.

Curious to see that if the update comes out Ill still feel its been worth the wait
The dev at first said Chapter 1 will release in 2022, but then quickly changed that to: 'The ETA is the end of this year or starting of the new one' (This is in October 15th Patreon post). So technically he didn't miss any release window, he only missed 2 dates so far for the Christmas update. He was actually very adamant about not setting any dates until recently (since even the most patient are getting tired of waiting indefinitely)

Acknowledgeing the holiday event failure by suspending it would have been remedying the situation, not doubling down on it.
Consider the situation as a whole. Given that there was no update for over 2 years makes even the most devout fans wonder if the dev is actually working on the game at all. Plus, if the dev promised then abandoned the Christmas update with nothing to show for it, whatever is left of the devs credibility would be gone completely at this point. So he has to release something, aka Christmas update, to prove that he is actually working on the game at all (be it Christmas or not).

Plus, if you consider that the dev missed the deadline by 2 months for a update that he estimated he would be able to finish in 2 months, by how much is he off with his estimate for a massive update which was supposedly in the works for the past 2 years? I think most people would agree that they would like to see something released, rather than being told to wait indefinitly for something that might never come.

I wouldn't call having valid criticism being a drama queen, but keep exaggerating I guess. That was probably my first somewhat negative post about the game lol. It's very simple: if you can't hit release dates then do not give them. First it was the big update for 2022, then the Christmas updated scheduled for Christmas/January, then "100%" in February, and now it's March. The problem is that release dates given by the dev have literally zero meaning as there is now a track record of them not getting reached.

Again I like the game and I like Komi, my only problem is what is now this pattern of giving and missing release dates. Do a lot of other games do this? Yes, and it's equally annoying. There are also plenty of devs who can hit release dates, or know when not to give them. I wouldn't be commenting about this in the first place if all we've been told was "it's ready when it's ready." I'd even prefer that.
My friend... "it's ready when it's ready" is how we got to this point where there hasn't been an update for over 2 years. That's exacly what the dev was doing up until very recently with the Christmas update... it's just that fewer and fewer people are buying that after so much time.

Sh1nki

Aug 10, 2019
about not giving eta vs mutiple delays. If Your goal is to save face whilst having as much time as possible then going with no eta is most obv choice. On the other hand with patreon's monthly payments accusations of milking will naturally arise after some time. After all with 6k a month Komi should b financially stable. Who's to tell that he doesnt have day job and is putting hhg cash for early retirement? Personnaly I belive backers deserve more transparency then that. And voila he finally gave fans some transparancy it tourned out that he is at best a very bad planner with no idea how many events he wants to put in a update nor how long it will take him ( bad omen in itself for the project) or at worst notorious procrastinator milking his patreons.

Reactions: VicValenn

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
The dev at first said Chapter 1 will release in 2022, but then quickly changed that to: 'The ETA is the end of this year or starting of the new one' (This is in October 15th Patreon post). So technically he didn't miss any release window, he only missed 2 dates so far for the Christmas update. He was actually very adamant about not setting any dates until recently (since even the most patient are getting tired of waiting indefinitely)
"Quickly" means different things to different people. also I do think he missed it, he just knew in advance he was going to miss it and communicated it. Result is the same (just like delaying a game doesnt only mean the game just got a different release date). also this is not just overshooting by a little. this is a project that apparently took more than a year to update, and then you miss the window by months. Thats not a minor miscalculation, its a big one. And I do understand it, and also am not angry or anything. Our opinions on how often something got delayed or missed windows doesnt matter, people are upset because it has been taking very long, and its hard so far to understand why. The only way to know is if the update drops.

ki.nch31

Feb 12, 2023
I feel for you @Kamisari, but it might be a wise decision, for the sake of your own reputation (which is worth more than this or any single game will bring in), to pause donations. It's a big decision. But sometimes I stop billing for the blank screenshot because I realize I have billed for too much thinking. I have set the bar too high for my own comfort level. No amount of money is worth my peace of mind. And no amount of money is worth my future earning potential (loss of reputation for reliability).

That is a suggestion that, at this point, hard as it is to swallow, you might want to accept. Live and learn. Unpause the contributions after you publish an update. And then in the future, knowing you can do this, provides additional peace of mind as a pressure release valve.

Just one guy's thoughts. Best of luck man.
IDK, I think that advice has aged pretty well. Probably should have done it then. Oh well. Hoping the dev suppresses the sunk cost fallacy and realizes that doing it his way just isn't going to work. He's going to have to accept guidance from people who know how to recover from the sort of situation he's in.

Right now Komisari is at the bottom of a deep hole. He has convinced himself that the best way to escape is to dig a stairwell out of the sides of the hole. Meanwhile, there's a guy at the top of the hole who just got out of the hole next door and has tossed down a rope ladder. Fearing the ladder will break midway up, komi is refusing to use the ladder option. And he keeps trying to dig his way out. What he can't appreciate from his current vantage? The dude who tossed down the ladder is covered in mud from trying and failing to dig his own way out.

How much longer do you want to remain in the hole clawing at the sides before you trust someone else and do something uncomfortable that wasn't your idea and sounded crazy to you?

Trust me bro, you need to put the project on hold, take the pressure off of yourself and get some help. When you've got your head screwed on straight, THEN come back to it. You will finish in days what is currently taking you years. It's going to sound crazy to you; but that's only because you're not thinking clearly right now.

Anyone telling you to do it a different way has no idea what they're talking about. Oh. I would avoid the temptation to try a middle of the road option. "I'll take time off as soon as I get this next update out." That is NOT a good strategy and will make things so much worse. You are not operating at your best right now. Unless you are St. Paul or something, you are not going to have some kind of awakening after releasing the update. No. Things are going to get so much worse. All the ways you've been thinking your life will get better once you get this out... Once it's out and you see how nothing has changed? Oh boy. That is a dark fucking place buddy. The tidal wave of anxiety you are setting yourself up to endure is not something most people come away from unscathed. When you release this update, you want to be sound enough psychologically that you are ready to endure a shit load of criticism. Because I will be very surprised if that's not exactly what happens.

If you're on firm footing, you won't care. You'll just be happy you've learned what you needed to learn and been humbled. You'll be too busy looking forward to the future to care about your past fuck-ups the way you do today.

I have been exactly where you are. Here's the rope ladder. Stop digging. Get climbing.

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
IDK, I think that advice has aged pretty well. Probably should have done it then. Oh well. Hoping the dev suppresses the sunk cost fallacy and realizes that doing it his way just isn't going to work. He's going to have to accept guidance from people who know how to recover from the sort of situation he's in.

Right now Komisari is at the bottom of a deep hole. He has convinced himself that the best way to escape is to dig a stairwell out of the sides of the hole. Meanwhile, there's a guy at the top of the hole who just got out of the hole next door and has tossed down a rope ladder. Fearing the ladder will break midway up, komi is refusing to use the ladder option. And he keeps trying to dig his way out. What he can't appreciate from his current vantage? The dude who tossed down the ladder is covered in mud from trying and failing to dig his own way out.

How much longer do you want to remain in the hole clawing at the sides before you trust someone else and do something uncomfortable that wasn't your idea and sounded crazy to you?

Trust me bro, you need to put the project on hold, take the pressure off of yourself and get some help. When you've got your head screwed on straight, THEN come back to it. You will finish in days what is currently taking you years. It's going to sound crazy to you; but that's only because you're not thinking clearly right now.

Anyone telling you to do it a different way has no idea what they're talking about. Oh. I would avoid the temptation to try a middle of the road option. "I'll take time off as soon as I get this next update out." That is NOT a good strategy and will make things so much worse. You are not operating at your best right now. Unless you are St. Paul or something, you are not going to have some kind of awakening after releasing the update. No. Things are going to get so much worse. All the ways you've been thinking your life will get better once you get this out... Once it's out and you see how nothing has changed? Oh boy. That is a dark fucking place buddy. The tidal wave of anxiety you are setting yourself up to endure is not something most people come away from unscathed. When you release this update, you want to be sound enough psychologically that you are ready to endure a shit load of criticism. Because I will be very surprised if that's not exactly what happens.

If you're on firm footing, you won't care. You'll just be happy you've learned what you needed to learn and been humbled. You'll be too busy looking forward to the future to care about your past fuck-ups the way you do today.

I have been exactly where you are. Here's the rope ladder. Stop digging. Get climbing.
Its not like he's being under stress. Why say no to free money?

Oct 3, 2017
Would y'all go join the discord already? He gives a lot of updates and it's looking great. He is active there and delivers updates. He's improving a lot and incorporating the new skills as he developes the game
I think people here more intrested in result. Why would I want to go to discord a temple of zealots and asslickers where only praising allowed? And Komisari proved nothing but being a liar for now, he doesnt know the value of words and just throws them carelessly into the void. All of his "update will be in 2022 100%" then "in the end of 2022 or the begining of 2023" then "I actually started working on christmas update" then "IN A FEW DAYS OR SO!!!!! (in a fucking december)" then few days changed into "couple of weeks" then "OMG update is big as f so january is no no but february!!! february 1000000%" then "sorry family problems and I PROCRASTINATED" for a guy who didnt provide any result for more then 2 years then anounced shit that nobody asked for and failed to deliver this winter themed update in fucking winter, he sure has some balls to say he procrastinate. xD

So back at the begining. Why would anyone want to go to a discord? To listen even more bullshit from a person who gives zero fucks? Money is rolling, nothing to worry about, zero respect to a supporting community and absolutly no moral pressure for releasing nothing for 2 years. So no. Release something then we'll see.

EDIT: oh in the last posted message was something about he needs just "extra days". Now that is interesing. How many is extra days in Komi's understading. Bet my left nut we'll see nothing in march OMEGALOL.

Last edited:

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
People are freaking out in discord, people angry that he apologizes again and others defending that it doesn't matter if it takes until next year (2024) or longer.
View attachment 2359574
the sneak peek he posted was just that...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Same thing as wallpaper, after all it's not a game, Pixiv Koikatsu is full of Wallpaper and Gif also.
The level of people saying "SOON" and "NOT ETA" is sad.
View attachment 2359616
He's doing it again, he hasn't learned anything.
View attachment 2359596
View attachment 2359590
Discord hhg moderator's it also seems to force some angrier people to delete their critical comments and if those people don't they delete it.
One thing I've noticed over time is that developers who can't:
Make Release Dates
Make a lot of Wallpaper
Many future Game Mechanics
Want to Rework The Game
... etc.
It's already a bad sign for anyone who wants to support the developer...
Komisari didn't lie. He was 1000000% sure it would come out this February and I've been playing it for the past week.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes