Quackille

Jul 28, 2022
How are people still giving him money? It's literally been years since an update. He's clearly milking this game for all it has.
How are people still giving him money? It's literally been years since an update. He's clearly milking this game for all it has.
Some people are still clinging to the hype of the first release. HHG is the second, third, and fourth coming. Komi had walked on water and cured Ray Charles of his blindness, even though he has been dead for almost two decades. Dude had like become the "Chosen One" at that point. It was like John Carmack and John Romero did the fusion dance with Ed Boon's eyebrows.

The Church of Komitology is still going strong and that Patreon collection plate is still accepting donations.

Seriously, its the middle of March and Komi has not been "working" on Ch:1 since the end of last October! WTF is wrong with the non-canon XMas "UP"date? Did he decide to remake and update the graphics again, I mean he is a "Perfectionist".

Komi, STOP IT, Get some help.

• Haha
Reactions: Mythrs and Xlr271

bolso_lula

Feb 7, 2023
I'm not trying to be meanie okay? the game is super fun with lots of stuff to do... But the text is like, really hard to reado_O and kinda makes no sense because it got a bad translation. I'm not trying to be meanie again, but I've seen other game devs with much better English and they still get a lot of wate online for silly mistakes! >w<

• Angry
Reactions: Popelboii

ErisT

Mar 13, 2020
Update is already delayed for like another year sooo xd
And i'd like to remind you that we are waiting on CHRISTMAS update and not the big coc.... i mean big main 0.1.3 update :)
Maybe our grandchildren will play it someday.
Has this been confirmed in some kind of update that we are still only getting Christmas update next? I was kind of assuming that due to the backlash Komi got, that they were just packaging it with the full release and that was why we hadn't gotten anything yet.

But I admit that may just be me huffing copium.

Elyauris

Mar 28, 2019
Has this been confirmed in some kind of update that we are still only getting Christmas update next? I was kind of assuming that due to the backlash Komi got, that they were just packaging it with the full release and that was why we hadn't gotten anything yet.

But I admit that may just be me huffing copium.
No news about update..... Only this from February 25th:
1.png

2.png
yup..... "extra days"

He said, that he wanted to first release "Christmas update" even if it takes some time.... and then continue to work on the main update.
So from what he said and announced, we are waiting for "Christmas update".
Maybe he changed plans again, and will release both at the same time ? - I don't believe it, but who knows....

beanlord

Sep 23, 2017
lol i called this dev out for blatantly scamming and milking this shit and having misleading tags in a 1 star review and he gets all my reviews and comments taken down and i get tons of hate replies with only a handful upvotes... 6 months later i come to this thread again and now people are finally starting to realize he is def scamming his patreons. lol this thread needs to just be locked til an update so people stop falling for this bullshit and he loses money and maybe if he actually wasnt lying he'd finally upload something. but nah most people dont like to admit they enjoy the mental gymnastics and to hold on to cope *cough* i mean hope and continue to hand him money.

standbygames

Mar 13, 2018
No news about update..... Only this from February 25th

View attachment 2475741
yup..... "extra days"
Yep. Boggled some people still buy into Komi's "I'm just bad at estimating dates tehe" excuse for all of these missed release dates. 3 weeks later, almost a month and certainly way longer than "some extra days" bolded implies what do you know, there's still nothing. He doesn't even mention it again just jokes about random bs in his discord for next 3 weeks, like hello?

On December 15th it was "coming in the next 2 weeks". Then it was "delayed but it's also a new year event and it's still be around the new year". Then it's "100% February". Then this. And this is after 2+ years of similar excuses and missed dates for chapter 1. You can't chalk that all up to just "being bad at estimating release dates".

Notice how he makes these announcements of "delayed but coming very soon" usually right before the end of the month, right before patreon subs will renew. I wonder why? He just baits people to not cancel and hold on for another month, surely next month will be the month. And it works, still making $6k a month after 2 years 4 months of literally 0 updates delivered. Record setting.

And then if holiday patch does finally come this month.. then what.. After 2.4 years he served a spoilerly non canon holiday patch no one wanted instead of chapter 1. Chapter 1 will be nowhere in sight. Does anyone think that Chapter 1 will even release this year if he had to delay even a holiday event 3+ months past holiday lol? The only possible redemption arc for Komi is if he actually took advice many gave him and just secretly rolled this holiday patch into chapter 1 and surprises us this month by releasing all of it at once, chapter 1 + holiday patch. But yea, fat chance of that happening at this point.

Last edited:

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
Yep. Boggled some people still buy into Komi's "I'm just bad at estimating dates tehe" excuse for all of these missed release dates. 3 weeks later, almost a month and certainly way longer than "some extra days" bolded implies what do you know, there's still nothing. He doesn't even mention it again just jokes about random bs in his discord for next 3 weeks, like hello?

On December 15th it was "coming in the next 2 weeks". Then it was "delayed but it's also a new year event and it's still be around the new year". Then it's "100% February". Then this. And this is after 2+ years of similar excuses and missed dates for chapter 1. You can't chalk that all up to just "being bad at estimating release dates".

Notice how he makes these announcements of "delayed but coming very soon" usually right before the end of the month, right before patreon subs will renew. I wonder why? He just baits people to not cancel and hold on for another month, surely next month will be the month. And it works, still making $6k a month after 2 years 4 months of literally 0 updates delivered. Record setting.

And then if holiday patch does finally come this month.. then what.. After 2.4 years he served a spoilerly non canon holiday patch no one wanted instead of chapter 1. Chapter 1 will be nowhere in sight. Does anyone think that Chapter 1 will even release this year if he had to delay even a holiday event 3+ months past holiday lol? The only possible redemption arc for Komi is if he actually took advice many gave him and just secretly rolled this holiday patch into chapter 1 and surprises us this month by releasing all of it at once, chapter 1 + holiday patch. But yea, fat chance of that happening at this point.
It has not been a month yet. There are still extra days until it has been a month. Ban this troll Komisari

mihaello

Aug 27, 2018
I would say I'm following this thread not because I'm looking forward to the game, since it's already an obvious scam, but for the sake of drama in the comments.

People who are really looking forward to at least some content will be lucky if the Komisari is smart enough to release Xmas event by next Christmas to continue milking the people with the first chapter into 2024.

GarbageCat

Jun 17, 2020
Should just hack into his computer and take the files if ya'll want the game so bad. Jeezus... there's other games ya could be playing.

• Angry
Reactions: Elyauris
4.40 star(s) 207 Votes