MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I will summarize my impression as factually as possible:

He underestimated the scope of the update that he wanted to bring. He has admitted this himself in the past. Part of it will be that a sandbox makes more work than a VN, which is generally linear. There is also probably an increased risk of getting spaghetti code here.

He says he is working on a Christmas event, no one or at least hardly anyone has asked for it. Also, if we judge this Christmas event by what we know from the Halloween event, then the Christmas event will probably only be available during the Christmas season. That means even if this event does come, we probably won't get to see it until Christmas time.

An event like that is absolutely distracting from the actual work. I have no proof of this, but this seems to me very much like a situation in the following picture: "Tax filing. Yes, I should start working on that. Hmm are those spider webs on the wall? And I could also clean the windows again. And while I'm at it, I might as well do the dishes and take out the trash."

As I said, I'm not an expert, but if I'm right, I think this is classic escape behavior that happens with people (and especially with kids at school and learning/homework).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elyauris and ayy

Sh1nki

Aug 10, 2019
tbf he said event will be avaible untill chapter 1 release (so probably for the next 2 years kappa ). Rest seems accurate to me - "lemme do sth quick to placate fans, oh shit actually it will take me half a year.

Reactions: Elyauris

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
He visits this site everyday, so he is lying or wasting too much time looking at other things on here. I hover over his profile every time I check this thread and I always see that he was on just a few hours prior.

Right now it says " Last seen Today at 1:28 AM ".
image_2023-03-21_144544134.png

swdefert

Oct 8, 2017
I will summarize my impression as factually as possible:

He underestimated the scope of the update that he wanted to bring. He has admitted this himself in the past. Part of it will be that a sandbox makes more work than a VN, which is generally linear. There is also probably an increased risk of getting spaghetti code here.

He says he is working on a Christmas event, no one or at least hardly anyone has asked for it. Also, if we judge this Christmas event by what we know from the Halloween event, then the Christmas event will probably only be available during the Christmas season. That means even if this event does come, we probably won't get to see it until Christmas time.

An event like that is absolutely distracting from the actual work. I have no proof of this, but this seems to me very much like a situation in the following picture: "Tax filing. Yes, I should start working on that. Hmm are those spider webs on the wall? And I could also clean the windows again. And while I'm at it, I might as well do the dishes and take out the trash."

As I said, I'm not an expert, but if I'm right, I think this is classic escape behavior that happens with people (and especially with kids at school and learning/homework).
You can always change your clock for the event, yeah is not the same but at least is not locked for 11 months i guess

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MrLKX

Sir_EatsALot

Aug 24, 2017
Komisari promised nothing. Did you not see his file explorer screenshot? This release will break the internet.
I remember his file explorer screenshot and if I remember correctly, that showed active work only from August 2022 when the people here started raising questions. That's when Komi started working. If he had been working since last 3 years he would not have had to delay so much. The only reason he's still struggling to release the main update and doing the christmas thing is to buy him more time to release an "acceptable" main update that somewhat makes up for 3 years of time.

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
I remember his file explorer screenshot and if I remember correctly, that showed active work only from August 2022 when the people here started raising questions. That's when Komi started working. If he had been working since last 3 years he would not have had to delay so much. The only reason he's still struggling to release the main update and doing the christmas thing is to buy him more time to release an "acceptable" main update that somewhat makes up for 3 years of time.
Man this is just flashbacks of procrastinating on my assignments in middle school and having my mind trapped in a limbo where I'm fabricating excuses to swing to, one by one, instead of just finishing the fucking assignment.

I wasn't a perfectionist though, I was just a lazy bum :geek:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I don't like the "milking" meme because it's super overused and it's not even true for most games. But after over 2 years of no updates and failing to release the christmas thing on time, it is really hard to defend Komi.

Reactions: sbz7

deskt

Jul 24, 2018
I don't like the "milking" meme because it's super overused and it's not even true for most games. But after over 2 years of no updates and failing to release the christmas thing on time, it is really hard to defend Komi.
I'm pretty sure there's no one left to defend him here... everyone set up a trench on discord to defend him... that's why he doesn't want to get out of there XD

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
at this point in time, I don't care about the update anymore...
just can't stop watching the comments and laughing my ass of xD
you guys memes are just to good... and yes dev deserves every comment here for obvious reasons
Agreed. It's been a wild ride so far :D

I still don't get why Komisari would continue working on the seasonal update instead of the main thing. Such a strange choice in my opinion. I wouldve dropped the seasonal extra like a hot potato and saved whatever it is until fall and then work to release it for christmas at the end of the year.

aris666

Jan 6, 2020
Uff, I didn't even notice that. It's short video and it showed renders being made from July 2022. But it's really damning - he ratted himself out..

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes