enigma08

Jun 16, 2017
Lol, yea, of course he doesn't care if it's "april or whatever" (and notice how he leaves himself room for it to be even beyond april haha), because obviously why would he care, that's just another $6,000 he collected in March and he'll collect in April to keep doing his scammy ways. Doesn't seem to bother him in the slightest that he scams people over and over with all these lies, excuses, broken promises and missed dates. He's not the one waiting and being lied to, his fans are. Unreal anyone still pays this guy after he blatantly steps all over them like this without caring at all, over and over.
He has no shame whatsoever and people who have no shame, they tend to do great in this day and age, especially in the corporate world. Whilst being a decent human being doesn't really pay off career-wise. Truly a hollow person. I believe that karma will catch up to him sooner or later, though.

Xlr271

Jun 24, 2018
One single event in a shitty holiday special no one asked for in almost 3 years while earning $6k+ monthly? Daaayum. Dude even puts people like Chris Roberts to shame. Cult behavior is a thing indeed.
Maybe there will be a coup d'etat soon.

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
It is not a scam, you wrote it yourself : on Patreon, you don't like what the creator is doing, just unsub. What kind of retard logic brings so many people to talk about scamming ?
You are not buying a product, nor you are paying to be the creator's manager. You pay for whatever you want to support. As lazy as Komi can be, he is not scamming anyone. He is lying a lot about his work, but his patrons willingly give him money for what he already did, and what he pretends to be doing. Not happy ? Stop supporting.
It's so fucking boring to read the same arguments over and over. Literally tells nothing about society, only about butthurt crybabies
I kind of agree with this. Its the donators being not-so-smart. If you spent several hundred bucks already for over 2 years on some guy that just dishes out excuses every month and you STILL see nothing wrong, so you keep on donating. Who am I to stop someone like that? But you know there are those people who go into debt to buy a single monkey NFT or a ton of funko-pops, that they never open. Or they donate all their money to some E-thot, so she says their name on stream once. Guess Patreon users are just another kind of "those" people. Not sure if I can call them Simps to be honest.

Silverthorn

Apr 7, 2020
It is not a scam, you wrote it yourself : on Patreon, you don't like what the creator is doing, just unsub. What kind of retard logic brings so many people to talk about scamming ?
You are not buying a product, nor you are paying to be the creator's manager. You pay for whatever you want to support. As lazy as Komi can be, he is not scamming anyone. He is lying a lot about his work, but his patrons willingly give him money for what he already did, and what he pretends to be doing. Not happy ? Stop supporting.
It's so fucking boring to read the same arguments over and over. Literally tells nothing about society, only about butthurt crybabies
"He's lying a lot about his work, but his patrons willingly give him money for...what he pretends to be doing." That is a scam.

Silverthorn

Apr 7, 2020
I kind of agree with this. Its the donators being not-so-smart. If you spent several hundred bucks already for over 2 years on some guy that just dishes out excuses every month and you STILL see nothing wrong, so you keep on donating. Who am I to stop someone like that? But you know there are those people who go into debt to buy a single monkey NFT or a ton of funko-pops, that they never open. Or they donate all their money to some E-thot, so she says their name on stream once. Guess Patreon users are just another kind of "those" people. Not sure if I can call them Simps to be honest.
All scams require the victim to be not so smart. Fake bank email scams, nigerian prince scams, ponzi schemes, etc. If people are giving money to somebody because they believed a lie, it is a scam, no matter the intelligence of the person who falls for it.

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
All scams require the victim to be not so smart. Fake bank email scams, nigerian prince scams, ponzi schemes, etc. If people are giving money to somebody because they believed a lie, it is a scam, no matter the intelligence of the person who falls for it.
Maybe but with Patreon you're not really supporting the development of the game. You support Komisari with whatever the hell he's currently doing. You support the "artist." So at the moment you have all these Patrons supporting Komisari giving false promises online and he delivers these regularly.

Silverthorn

Apr 7, 2020
Maybe but with Patreon you're not really supporting the development of the game. You support Komisari with whatever the hell he's currently doing. You support the "artist." So at the moment you have all these Patrons supporting Komisari giving false promises online and he delivers these regularly.
If you're supporting the artist because of the lies they are telling, it's still a scam, no matter the platform. Just because it's a donation doesn't make it less of a scam. For example, let's say a charity says that they are doing all sorts of wonderful things and ask for your donations to support the charity. If instead the charity is just using the money to pay the CEO and is not doing what they said, it's a scam.

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
If you're supporting the artist because of the lies they are telling, it's still a scam, no matter the platform. Just because it's a donation doesn't make it less of a scam. For example, let's say a charity says that they are doing all sorts of wonderful things and ask for your donations to support the charity. If instead the charity is just using the money to pay the CEO and is not doing what they said, it's a scam.
Big charities usually have some safety checks in place and have to be regularly controlled. Komisari or anybody else on Patreon do not have any obligations to follow through with anything they promise. That is why the only way to punish them is by convincing people to stop donating, so they receive less cash.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Silverthorn

Apr 7, 2020
Big charities usually have some safety checks in place and have to be regularly controlled. Komisari or anybody else on Patreon do not have any obligations to follow through with anything they promise. That is why the only way to punish them is by convincing people to stop donating, so they receive less cash.
Correct. This does not make it not a scam.

Silverthorn

Apr 7, 2020
Won't even waste time arguing with someone who quotes while removing the important part of the sentence
Did you miss the part where I quoted the entire thing earlier? You were the one who decided to put "and" in there, demonstrating that both things are true in your mind. If both things are true, the sentence doesn't become less important when you remove one thing from a list to make a specific point about the other item in the list.

Is the sentence I quoted incorrect in some way? Is this phrase incorrect: 'He's lying about his work and his patrons give him money for what he pretends to be doing'? If it's not incorrect, then you're arguing semantics in a bid to not be seen as wrong. If it's incorrect, please explain how it contradicts what you wrote.

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
You are misunderstanding the difference between expectation and obligation. What makes this situation technically not a scam is the absence of actual obligation (as others have pointed out) regardless of your expectations. Your example with a charity is inappropriate since a charity has legal obligations being registered as a charity.

What you expect and what the creator is obligated to do have to be inline for this to be a scam. So technically it's not a scam since the creator is not actually obligated to do anything since Patreon is simply a method of giving money to a creator; which not to be confused with paying them for work or buying a product. So the platform very much matters. Sorry, but that's what many people on here seem to misunderstand about Patreon.

D95

Mar 16, 2018
The sentence is still correct, you just removed the most important part so that it would better fit your fallacious logic. And then, you dare state that I am the one arguing about semantics. Whatever, I have better to do than argue with your pathetic bickering about phrasing, so, let's go to the facts :
Patreon is not a shop. Creators don't have any obligation to hold any promise. You are not pre-ordering anything by being a patron, and it is pretty obvious when you set up a subscription. That's why Patreon's policy that considers you should only cancel your sub if you don't get what you expected is totally fair. Patrons who expect the opposite are just idiots that feel they have any contractual right about the creator's work.
You gave a misleading comparison this with a charity scam, which is not surprising coming from you, seing how you argue. In a charity context, there are some legal and moral obligations about where the money is going. If the organisation leaders keep the money to themselves and get caught red-handed, it is a scam. When you are supporting a creator, there is no obligation for the money to be all spent for the creation context. Patreon rules do not even require the artist to provide anything. I will not even start talking about the part that you dishonestly removed, which is the fact that most support on Patreon (or any other platform) is a form of remuneration for a work that an artist already delivered.

In Komisari's case, he already did a lot, initially, and even though he is producing very little since then (sneak peaks here and there), the supporters are well aware of the situation, so calling it a scam is just a joke.

And don't misunderstand my point here, I am not at all defending Komisari, quite the opposite, he is just a lazy bastard, liar and incompetent delusional procrastinator, but it's his right. I just can't stand those crybarby debates about scamming. Not happy ? STOP SUPPORTING. Not supporting ? Then shut it and go find something better to do

unspecialkay

Dec 21, 2019
ENOUGH!!!! I will not stand idle while you soil and tarnish the good name of a Dev that has done nothing but deliver tons and tons of content for the past years. Everyone here knows very well that all Patreon creators, specially the ones with most revenue, are cursed with constant unusual afflictions, natural disasters and probably also mystical ailments. It is not a secret that those guys make the majority of Dr House patients.

We've all seen an explorer file organized by date and therefore I'm absolutely sure that the update will be released on April 1st. You can call me a fool if I'm wrong about this.

unspecialkay

Dec 21, 2019
When you are supporting a creator, there is no obligation for the money to be all spent for the creation context
So you don't need to create to be a creator? Damn I the greatest creator of all times and I had no idea about it. There should be statues of me in every crossroads to celebrate my achievements but then again they would have to be created and I guess that would somehow defeat the purpose.

D95

Mar 16, 2018
So you don't need to create to be a creator? Damn I the greatest creator of all times and I had no idea about it. There should be statues of me in every crossroads to celebrate my achievements but then again they would have to be created and I guess that would somehow defeat the purpose.
I don't know if you have reading issues, but the word "all" was important there. If you give money to a street artist after a performance, and it turns out that he's done for the day and stop playing. Does he suddenly stop being an artist ? Are you guys all going to call him for scamming you ?

unspecialkay

Dec 21, 2019
I agree with you. I apologise for false accusing and claiming that Komisari is a lying man without balls :(
He gave us many content and sneak-peaks, file explorer date and everything.... and thanks to you i finally understood, that Komi is a man of word. If he claims, that update will be in April then I believe him with all my heart!
BEGONE all of you, who's words and nothing but a poison!
Becouse of US he stopped watching this tread !! Let us pray to him for forgiveness..

KOMISARI!!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME !!!
View attachment 2502167
Glad you saw it in you to change your ways. Because we don't want this prophecy to come to be:

dudes chill in the end of the day if he dont want to make the game becouse of hate its on you

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elyauris

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
ENOUGH!!!! I will not stand idle while you soil and tarnish the good name of a Dev that has done nothing but deliver tons and tons of content for the past years. Everyone here knows very well that all Patreon creators, specially the ones with most revenue, are cursed with constant unusual afflictions, natural disasters and probably also mystical ailments. It is not a secret that those guys make the majority of Dr House patients.

We've all seen an explorer file organized by date and therefore I'm absolutely sure that the update will be released on April 1st. You can call me a fool if I'm wrong about this.
Not everything said is about the dev being good or bad. No one is defending the dev here. He is a liar and probably a bunch of other things, but technically not a scammer due to the nature of Patreon. But if we are going to throw meaningless epithets around, then lets add murderer because he has killed the trust that some people had for the dev.

Reactions: unspecialkay

unspecialkay

Dec 21, 2019
If you give money to a street artist after a performance, and it turns out that he's done for the day and stop playing. Does he suddenly stop being an artist ?
Depends if he's having a second job as a fishermen I would assume that, at that point in time, he would stop being an artist and would become a fisherman. Unless you mean that being a artist is part of his nature so he would fish in an artistic way. But then again, and hear me out, doesn't that also means that being a fisherman is also an intrinsic part of is soul? Then by logic he would do art on a fishy way.

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
I said it in January but here's two simple facts that prove this is a scam.

1) Komisari has spent 3 years trying to prove he's working on the game with proportionately very little to show for it.

2) There are no beta testers.

In the 3 years since his last update, there has not been one writer/artist/coder/tester to verify any of Komi's claims.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes