dickchappy420

Jan 17, 2018
It is clearly the same type of game.
One-time-done PNGS slapped over lots of dialogues and stories.

It is clearly the same.

I'm not doing a critique of those types of games, but it's obvious that the amount of work is different, man. xD
(Again, not doing a critique of those kinds of games, they are all still A LOT of work and I'm sure that game is amazing.)
I could list a few hundred other examples if you'd like that do the same Koikatsu game style you do but actually post updates once every week/month instead of multiple years or are actually finished products.

You also seem to be insinuating that it's somehow LESS work to make thousands of hand drawn "One-time-done PNGS" than putting some character models together in a Koikatsu scene builder which is honestly just hilarious.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I could list a few hundred other examples if you'd like that do the same Koikatsu game style you do but actually post updates once every week/month instead of multiple years.

You also seem to be insinuating that it's somehow LESS work to make thousands of hand drawn "One-time-done PNGS" than putting some character models together in a Koikatsu scene builder which is honestly just hilarious.
In the long run, it is less, yes. I'm not insinuating.
Also, have you tried the update? I would suggest doing so.

dickchappy420

Jan 17, 2018
In the long run, it is less, yes. I'm not insinuating.
Also, have you tried the update? I would suggest doing so.
No thank you, I have no interest in non-canon side stories. I can tell you that I was a big fan of the game when it originally came out and actually had regular updates and I believe I even threw $5 your way once or twice. If you want to convince me then show us chapter 1 and start to give regular content updates instead of years of silence.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
No thank you, I have no interest in non-canon side stories. I can tell you that I was a big fan of the game when it originally came out and actually had regular updates and I believe I even threw $5 your way once or twice. If you want to convince me then show us chapter 1 and start to give regular content updates instead of years of silence.
Thank you for the opportunity.

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
extra content pack?
If you're talking about the Extra Content CG link in the OP, its just extra stuff and isn't needed for the game.

does the i-patch on the frontpage still work?
AFAIK no... I think we have to wait for someone doing the magic...
For anyone who is having trouble making the Incest patch work with the new version. You can make a patch.txt in the game folder and apply this code:
Code:
default incest_mode = True
default incest_buttons = True

label inc:
    $ incest_buttons = True
After doing this rename it back the txt file to patch.rpy and it should work. I'm not sure if it will work with the Snowy Update but it atleast works on the Prologue.

As for the lazy peeps.. I'll post the patch here.
Can anyone confirm if this works with the new content? I started a new game and used the patch I still had with the previous version. I'm pretty sure I set it up manually like this back then too. I can confirm that its working on the older content.

flastus

Nov 5, 2020
Hey Komi, the update was great; looking forward to CH 1. But please please please let me skip transitions and have instant dialogue text and skippable black screens between scenes. Please. I forgive you your excruciating fishing game. The text and transitions though, they're just too slow.

I lol'ed at the Christmas Clock joke at the end though, well played.

• Red Heart
Reactions: jivce and Komisari

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Hey Komi, the update was great; looking forward to CH 1. But please please please let me skip transitions and have instant dialogue text and skippable black screens between scenes. Please. I forgive you your excruciating fishing game. The text and transitions though, they're just too slow.

I lol'ed at the Christmas Clock joke at the end though, well played.
I will definitely try to short the amount of time between transitions and add an option to ignore all delays in text.

Reactions: jivce

jayeddie1008

May 20, 2020
Ran into a traceback error when trying to talk to Rebecca during Evie class at church. I checked the script and it is just a bunch of "#" in that line.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script/tutorial.rpy", line 423, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/script.rpy", line 117, in script call
    $pause(0.75)
  File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 174, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/church.rpy", line 18, in script call
    ""
  File "game/script/lake.rpy", line 398, in script call
    ""
    ""
    ""
  File "game/script/rebecca.rpy", line 65, in script
    menu .talk(talk=side):
  File "game/script/rebecca.rpy", line 66, in <module>
    "Classes"(img=["gui/exclamation.png"]) if rebecca.talkSys("evie_classes"):
  File "game/script/girls.rpy", line 554, in talkSys
    return ((string not in self.talk) and eval(self.menuTalk[string]["condition"]) and (self.location_id in self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] or self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] == []))
KeyError: u'evie_classes'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
    menu .talk(talk=side):
  File "C:\Users\jayed\Desktop\VNs\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "C:\Users\jayed\Desktop\VNs\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\renpy\exports.py", line 956, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "C:\Users\jayed\Desktop\VNs\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\jayed\Desktop\VNs\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
    return ((string not in self.talk) and eval(self.menuTalk[string]["condition"]) and (self.location_id in self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] or self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] == []))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Heros Harem Guild v0.1.2.1
Tue Apr 25 22:09:52 2023

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Ran into a traceback error when trying to talk to Rebecca during Evie class at church. I checked the script and it is just a bunch of "#" in that line.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
    menu .talk(talk=side):

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    ""
    $pause(0.75)
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
    ""
    menu .talk(talk=side):
  File "C:\Users\jayed\Desktop\VNs\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "C:\Users\jayed\Desktop\VNs\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\renpy\exports.py", line 956, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "C:\Users\jayed\Desktop\VNs\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\jayed\Desktop\VNs\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Heros Harem Guild v0.1.2.1
Tue Apr 25 22:09:52 2023
Download this .rpy and put it inside the script folder.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
It is clearly the same type of game.
One-time-done PNGS slapped over lots of dialogues and stories.

It is clearly the same.

I'm not doing a critique of those types of games, but it's obvious that the amount of work is different, man. xD
(Again, not doing a critique of those kinds of games, they are all still A LOT of work and I'm sure that game is amazing.)
This might actually be the worst takes you have had yet, no joke. Like the actual lack of self awarness in this something else. "One-time-done PNGS" as if its AI art or something. I would honestly just traight up delete this

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes