lucana012

Apr 18, 2021
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 1339, in script call
""
File "game/script/market.rpy", line 30, in script call
""
File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 55, in script
menu .talk(talk=side):
File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 114, in <module>
"Town Stairs"(img=["gui/exclamation.png"]) if luna.talkSys("townstairs") and STRING == "luna_4_1":
File "game/script/girls.rpy", line 554, in talkSys
return ((string not in self.talk) and eval(self.menuTalk[string]["condition"]) and (self.location_id in self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] or self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] == []))
KeyError: u'townstairs'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
""
""
menu .talk(talk=side):
File "D:\mape\h game\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "D:\mape\h game\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\exports.py", line 956, in menu
condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
File "D:\mape\h game\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\mape\h game\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
"Town Stairs"(img=["gui/exclamation.png"]) if luna.talkSys("townstairs") and STRING == "luna_4_1":
return ((string not in self.talk) and eval(self.menuTalk[string]["condition"]) and (self.location_id in self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] or self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] == []))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Heros Harem Guild v0.1.2.1
Wed Apr 26 10:25:14 2023

lucana012

Apr 18, 2021

While running game code:
""
""
menu .talk(talk=side):

Full traceback:
""
""
menu .talk(talk=side):
File "D:\mape\h game\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "D:\mape\h game\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\exports.py", line 956, in menu
condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
File "D:\mape\h game\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\mape\h game\Heros_Harem_Guild_v0.1.2.1\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Heros Harem Guild v0.1.2.1
Wed Apr 26 10:25:14 2023
WHEN TRY TO TALK LUNE AT NIGHT IT HAPPEN IN MARKET

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
This might actually be the worst takes you have had yet, no joke. Like the actual lack of self awarness in this something else. "One-time-done PNGS" as if its AI art or something. I would honestly just traight up delete this
Don't get me wrong, read what I posted after that.
It is STILL a lot of work, but, in the long run, it is easier to work with already done assets.

Let's set an example; Two developers, one doing a png character with expressions, outfits, and etc. And the other, doing a easy Koikatsu character.

- The first dev, will probably expend way more money and time doing the full "PNG" character. Like, easily, x10 times more.
- The Koi dev, will probably expend little to no time compared to the first dev because koikatsu is really accessible (We can then talk about custom models and custom textures, but that's not this topic, I'll make it as simple as possible, let's just think that one can open koikatsu and make a good looking character easily.)

During the time the first dev does a character, the Koi dev will set up a scene, set up the character, and probably work on the script and the renders.

By the time the first dev finishes his character, the koi dev did... I don't know... 10 scenes, being extremist?

Now, if the first dev wants to make an expression he has just to WRITE IT. Literally, you can just say "show redpillyblues angry" and then move the character with a simple transformation like, from the left to the right "ease 1 xalign 1.0" and the character will move.
Just with that, now write the dialogue.
It's not EASY, but it's really good, this system works amazing and you just have 2 mb of a character, extremely good performance and you can do whatever you want.

The koi has to, again, set up a scene, move the camera, make a render, and put the dialogue. And same. Over and over again. Of course, not even thinking about REALLY GOOD renders, I'm talking about a novice on koikatsu. So, it'll look... rough.

In the long run, the first dev will easily surpass the koi dev in terms of content, in terms of performance, and even in terms of the size of the game.
For the first moments, the Koi has less work. In the long run, the first dev has it WAY easily.

Again, NOT A CRITIQUE of this way of doing stuff. I really love them and I EVEN use it with the new Narissa system.
IT'S NOT EASY, IT'S NOT A BAD WAY OF DOING STUFF, NO, NOT AT ALL. It's a perfect system and I even ENVY the way one can easily handle those assets that you really hard-worked.

Again, for the second time, please, don't take it as a critique.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
It is STILL a lot of work, but, in the long run, it is easier to work with already done assets.

Let's set an example; Two developers, one doing a png character with expressions, outfits, and etc. And the other, doing a easy Koikatsu character.

- The first dev, will probably expend way more money and time doing the full "PNG" character. Like, easily, x10 times more.
- The Koi dev, will probably expend little to no time compared to the first dev because koikatsu is really accessible (We can then talk about custom models and custom textures, but that's not this topic, I'll make it as simple as possible, let's just think that one can open koikatsu and make a good looking character easily.)

During the time the first dev does a character, the Koi dev will set up a scene, set up the character, and probably work on the script and the renders.

By the time the first dev finishes his character, the koi dev did... I don't know... 10 scenes, being extremist?

Now, if the first dev wants to make an expression he has just to WRITE IT. Literally, you can just say "show redpillyblues angry" and then move the character with a simple transformation like, from the left to the right "ease 1 xalign 1.0" and the character will move.
It's not EASY, but it's really good, this system works amazing and you just have 2 mb of a character, extremely good performance and you can do whatever you want.

The koi has to, again, set up a scene, move the camera, make a render, and put the dialogue. And same. Over and over again. Of course, not even thinking about REALLY GOOD renders, I'm talking about a novice on koikatsu. So, it'll look... rough.

In the long run, the first dev will easily surpass the koi dev in terms of content, in terms of performance, and even in terms of the size of the game.
For the first moments, the Koi has less work. In the long run, the first dev has it WAY easily.

Again, NOT A CRITIQUE of this way of doing stuff. I really love them and I EVEN use it with the new Narissa system.
IT'S NOT EASY, IT'S NOT A BAD WAY OF DOING STUFF, NO, NOT AT ALL. It's a perfect system and I even ENVY the way one can easily handle those assets that you really hard-worked.

Thats only taking into account character poses. A KOI dev can still pump out sex scenes in a fraction of the time. I mean you wouldnt understand that since you work on the game about 15 minutes a week while someone like them actually draw for hours a day. Go get a tablet and see just how wrong you are.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Thats only taking into account character poses. A KOI dev can still pump out sex scenes in a fraction of the time. I mean you wouldnt understand that since you work on the game about 15 minutes a week while someone like them actually draw for hours a day. Go get a tablet and see just how wrong you are.

BRO...

AT
LEAST
PLAY
THE
UPDATE

JESUS.
ezgif.com-optimize.gif
ezgif.com-optimize (1).gif

You are not even defending the people that draw, you are just straight-up trying to put down Koikatsu creators. Or me. XD
(btw my animations are done by hand so I guess typical 3d animators are as bad as koikatsu creators haha)

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
BRO...

AT
LEAST
PLAY
THE
UPDATE

JESUS.
View attachment 2574084
View attachment 2574085

You are not even defending the people that draw, you are just straight-up trying to put down Koikatsu creators. Or me. XD
Already did. It would have been pretty good if it took 3 months to make, but it didn't. And sorry, yes I absolutely think someone like Twisted is more talented then just about any Koi dev, and has a much better work ethic then you specifically.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Already did. It would have been pretty good if it took 3 months to make, but it didn't. And sorry, yes I absolutely think someone like Twisted is more talented then just about any Koi dev, and has a much better work ethic then you specifically.
You are not defending the people with tablets. You are trying to put me down.
It's okay. I'm not going to continue this conversation. Let's say you are totally right and I'm totally putting down good artists. Komi bad.

jimmyCelebrate.png

• Haha
Reactions: RedPillBlues

He-man96.

May 25, 2018
I'm not able to save the game without getting an error.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Could not pickle <module 'time' (built-in)>. (perhaps store.time = <module 'time' (built-in)>)

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\display\transform.py", line 882, in event
rv = d.event(ev, cx, cy, st)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\loadsave.py", line 422, in save
six.reraise(t, e, tb)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\loadsave.py", line 405, in save
dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
File "C:\Users\17727\Downloads\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2122, in module_pickle
raise Exception("Could not pickle {!r}.".format(module))
Exception: Could not pickle <module 'time' (built-in)>. (perhaps store.time = <module 'time' (built-in)>)

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017

(btw my animations are done by hand so I guess typical 3d animators are as bad as koikatsu creators haha)
It's great that you're not just using Koikatsu's built in animations, and your stuff does look good but...

You can't honestly believe that what you're doing (at least should) take longer than someone drawing animation from scratch.

Cause your comparison above is apples to oranges, looking at the bare minimum effort of putting sprites over a backgrond in 2d vs making a custom shot for each scene in 3d. Both types of artists can do both types of games, a 2d artist can also draw multiple full images for a scene and you could just render out some sprites and put them over a background, either way the 2d is going to take longer.

Honestly I think all this says a lot more about how slow your process is specially rather than a comparison between 2d and 3d.

chovekovek

Jul 14, 2018
man i rly wish the game didnt make me wait for its veeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow rolling text telling me about how this update is slow
i can read 4 times faster than the text is rolling out
so frustrating
i dont even wanna read this shit i just wanna play the game

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
You can't honestly believe that what you're doing (at least should) take longer than someone drawing animation from scratch.
Please, please, understand what I've written!
I'm not saying that doing stuff in Koikatsu would take the same time as someone doing stuff drawing. I even said that drawing could take EVEN MORE THAN 10x times. NOT ONLY THAT, but you require lots of practice over years and years and LOTS of creativity.

Again, I'm not saying that, not at all. We are not even talking about sex animations.

I'm just talking about content, in general, ON THE LONG RUN, it is easier to work with already-drawn characters! Nothing more, nothing less!
It is easy to control an already-made image than create multiple renders, it's just that.
It is way more difficult to create 2D animations, way difficult than 3D.

I'm talking about general content, please understand.

AgilityHex

Jun 2, 2018
So I've also been following this game since at least the end of the prologue and it seems like a lot of you are just looking for reasons to be rude on the internet. Komi told us from the start that this game wouldn't have consistent updates, that there would be a long development time, and that there wouldn't be a new version of the game put out until chapter one was finished. Maybe you've forgotten but devs create off of DONATIONS. The only thing we're owed is transparency and we've gotten that, so maybe chill and let Komi and those of us that are still excited about this game enjoy it.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
I'm not saying that doing stuff in Koikatsu would take the same time as someone doing stuff drawing. I even said that drawing could take EVEN MORE THAN 10x times. NOT ONLY THAT, but you require lots of practice over years and years and LOTS of creativity.

Again, I'm not saying that, not at all. We are not even talking about sex animations.

I'm just talking about content, in general, ON THE LONG RUN, it is easier to work with already-drawn characters! Nothing more, nothing less!
It is easy to control an already-made image than create multiple renders, it's just that.
It is way more difficult to create 2D animations, way difficult than 3D.

I'm talking about general content, please understand.

That's literally the point I addressed, you're comparing reusing sprites to doing multiple renders per scene, those are very different styles of display. You could render out a couple poses for each character over a green screen and place them on a static background for your scenes, nothing is stopping you from doing that (there are many koikatsu games that do), which would give you the same "already-drawn" characters that are easier to work with (and would be even faster in the long run cause you wouldn't need the initial drawing time). Just like a 2d artist could draw multiple "renders". That has nothing to with 2d vs 3d.

Yes, a 2d sprite based game would be faster to make than a 3d full render game, just like a 3d sprite based game would be faster to make than a 2d fully drawn game. You're using a faulty comparison to try and make your point.

DarkChild1996

Jul 26, 2018
Is there a reason as to why I can't build the library, despite having everything I would need to have it built. Without the library, I am pretty much soft-locked out of the rest of the content.

AgilityHex

Jun 2, 2018
Is there a reason as to why I can't build the library, despite having everything I would need to have it built. Without the library, I am pretty much soft-locked out of the rest of the content.
Are you having trouble with actually building the library or finding it in the Guild? You have to add the items to the Quintuplets inventory like you would be selling them and after it's built it's located in the same area as Lucy's workshop. I thought it was in the hallway near Shino and Luna's room.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019

That's literally the point I addressed, you're comparing reusing sprites to doing multiple renders per scene, those are very different styles of display. You could render out a couple poses for each character over a green screen and place them on a static background for your scenes, nothing is stopping you from doing that (there are many koikatsu games that do), which would give you the same "already-drawn" characters that are easier to work with (and would be even faster in the long run cause you wouldn't need the initial drawing time). Just like a 2d artist could draw multiple "renders". That has nothing to with 2d vs 3d.

Yes, a 2d sprite based game would be faster to make than a 3d full render game, just like a 3d sprite based game would be faster to make than a 2d fully drawn game. You're using a faulty comparison to try and make your point.
Well, we are completely off-track then, because I've never mentioned something about that style of using Koikatsu.

It's way easier to manage pngs over the long run? Yes.

It's way easier to create those pngs with Koikatsu? Fuck yes, like, 50 times easier.

I think it already went out of context because nothing you've mentioned was ever in the discussion!
I was not the one that started the "reusing sprites vs doing multiple scenes", another guy did that comparison and I believed that it's not something that should be compared. Check the messages above.

DearLegend37

Compressor
Dec 20, 2019
uhmm.. I have a question... will saves break on the release of chapter 1 (if it ever gets released I guess)?
It's been so long that i've played this game that I don't remember where the hell I stored the previous save.
Going to give it a try and play it again if the save doesnt break on the release of the next update.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes